FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

My order (FJC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
Just got off the tele with my dealer.
JULY!!!!!!!
He says the end of June, but we all know that turns into July.
The rig has not even been built yet.

dang .......... I didn't read this part. Sorry Corey if I made things worse. Nothing like FJ envy
Old 05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

corey if you want to test drive come come on over to the east sdie ofthe state and you can try mine out. i have the 4x4 mt with stock stereo, which im not that impressed ith and will be buyingthe stock sub/amp when i can afford it. i jsut put on some off road lights on my yak load warrior , i ended up getting 4 inch round black housing ones , i think they look good , ill get pics tomorrow. personally id get the same package i did and add the other stuff later , then you wont be waiting as long. since we can add a trac with the switch theres no reason other then the sub/amp to get the other package , and you know the cluster will be availlbe after wards too. jsut a matter of time. everything else is goingto be after market anyways, with all pro, revtek, and bentup getting most of my buisness.

airrikk17
Old 05-26-2006, 08:00 AM

dang do you guys really not have that many we have 3 sitting on the lot here and 2 of them have been here for a couple of weeks(I guess nobody really likes the blue) and a yellow one that just came in.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by 94 sr5
dang do you guys really not have that many we have 3 sitting on the lot here and 2 of them have been here for a couple of weeks(I guess nobody really likes the blue) and a yellow one that just came in.
how are they equipped? Mine which is on order since March is 6 speed, manual titanium, with only convenience pkg, airbags, exhaust, mats, running boards
Old 05-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
There are 3 dealerships all within 15 miles of me that I can go to test drive one or buy one.
They have several in stock.

But I custom ordered mine the way I want.
Cheaper, better, lighter
Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 AM

There are 3 dealerships all within 15 miles of me that I can go to test drive one or buy one.
They have several in stock.

But I custom ordered mine the way I want.
Cheaper, better, lighter
Mine is also custom ordered probably close to yours. I too was told it would be in end of May, & now being told June.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Yeah, all I got was the CQ and upgrade 1 package, and auto tranny.
No roof rack or rock rails.

Rails were on order, but the ports are out, so I did not want it held up there waiting for them.

Already have new Bentup rails on the way.
They are at the powder coaters now, and then Bentup will be shipping them to me.

Same as these puppies.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:03 PM

Already have new Bentup rails on the way.
They are at the powder coaters now, and then Bentup will be shipping them to me.
Is there any reason other than availability that someone would choose after market rock rails rather than the Toyota ones? Do you think the Toyota ones would be just as good when it comes to strength and quality?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

The Toyota ones are great, the FJ Trail Team leaders have proven that on the trails.

But the aftermarket ones sit out further, providing much more protection from rocks, trees, and rude people in parking lots.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

rude people in parking lots.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:17 PM

and rude people in parking lots.
I agree, I have gone camping and light off roading for the last few years, but the only marks I have on my 4Runner are from people banging it in the parking lot. I even go out of my way to park it all byitself, but for some reason whenever I come back out there will be one fool who has to park in the space exactly next to mine

What is it with people? There's like hundreds of other spaces available, but it always has to be right next to me.

Do the Bentups bolt on or do the require welding? And I guess you have to get them powder coated as well?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

The Bentups are true bolt ons.
They utilize the stock 8 holes per side that the Toyota rock rails would use.

You do unbolt the emergency break line, but it bolts right back up again after you install them.

There is a good post on these on fjcrusierforums.com if you seach for bentup and username Angry Andy, who is a member here too.

The thread over there is about 20 pages long, and some guy named Bill has some shots of the brake cable you move, but Bentup is now making the sliderz a little bit different, so the cable bracket mounts back perfectly.

I think this is the thread
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ghlight=bentup

Can not be sure, time to log out and leave work now
Old 05-26-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow... I just saw one in metallic silver, fully decked out. I guess one of the profs at the university I work at got one. It looks better in person.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:35 PM

Corey,
Here in Tuscaloosa, Al. we've sold several FJ's. We are allocated more than any other dealer in our state due to how many we sell. I guess you've figured out that I work for Tuscaloosa Toyota. I've been there for 8 years and I haven't had a problem filling most of my orders for FJ customers. If anyone needs any help, check out our website www.tuscaloosatoyota.com . Feel free to give me a call 887-965-7500.

Waskilly can vouch for me and the dealer I work for.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

hey corey heres the gauge cluster on ebay already .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

time will tell how many will be out there .

airrikk17
Old 05-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I think they are going for $350 at the dealer, and one thread I read says that the rig is all plumbed up for it already.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

My dealer gets to this Friday, I have been more than patient with them.
I was told last week another boat leaves this Friday by the main sales manager.
If mine is not on it, I am paying a visit to the dealer by my work next weekend.

Already been in touch with them, but they have zero in stock right now.

Did the Internet pricing query with them, but not sure what they charge.
I read on forums many are paying MSRP and upto $3,000 over that

The dealer I have been working with shows you the factory invoice, and you only pay $300 to $500 over that.
That is darn good.
If this other dealer can do that too, and get me one in sooner, I will do it.

My dealer has one in right now equipped about the way I ordered mine, but it is black.
Never ever again will I own a black one.
Plus the black & white roofed FJ reminds me to much of an old style Barney Fife mobile.
Cop car for those who are to young to know who Barney Fife is
Old 06-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Contributing Member

i kind of like my black one , it does look like a cop car , especcially with the offroad lights on top and the torpedo lights i nthe mirrirs , i get some looks thats for sure.
what i was told by my delaership when i got mine was thta there was a premium markup on these vehicles and toyota limited the allocations to dealers using hte markup, and when the dealers asked for more allocations toyota told them to drop the markup and they would increase their allocations. so some dealers may still have those markups and not being put on the list first as they come in. i applaud toyota for taking a stand for the customer for a change.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

That does sound nice what Toyota did.

Oh, I have seen the black ones and they are nice, but having to have my rig out 24/7, it would never stand a chance here to be clean.
That is why I picked the silver, closest to white which is easy to take care of here.

Hey, time for you to update your sig file, perhaps an animated GIF showing both rigs
Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 PM

Did the Internet pricing query with them, but not sure what they charge.
I read on forums many are paying MSRP and upto $3,000 over that

The dealer I have been working with shows you the factory invoice, and you only pay $300 to $500 over that.
That is darn good.
Hey Corey, is there a Costco in your area? I have been pricing them at www.CostcoAuto.com and I am finding that a fully loaded FJC costs about $28,743. That is including:

IMO, that is a lot of vehicle for the money. About the only thing I don't care for is the 17" wheels that come with Upgrade Pkg 2. I would much prefer the Steelies or even the 16" TRD's (that would add an extra $1500 though). But still a good deal and that would be pretty close to trail ready. Just add a decent bumper lift and tires.

Those are prices for my area (yours may be different), but it's worth a shot. And even though I am a Costco member, when I purchased our other car through them they never even asked me for my Costco I.D. And the price they gave me from the website is really the price I paid (except for tax/registration fees/etc.).

Sorry if this post got a little long

Quick Reply: My order (FJC)