FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

All Pro front bumper (FJC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
All Pro front bumper (FJC)

Paint is on today, but I would like to see one in black.
Also I would like to see a hoop on it like the ARB in order to mount a CB antenna to it.
Right now I do not know how you would attach one to it.

Hmmmm, ARB or All Pro...

The ARB looks very nice too.
By the way, this is not an actual FJ color, it has been PhotoShopped.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php...57&postcount=6

A better pic of the updated ARB from Slee's site
Old 04-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bentup.com also has an awesome bumper which i like better than this allpro. but ARBs is sick as well
Old 04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I have seen the Bent Up one too, but I like the looks of the All Pro one.
I just got off the horn with All Pro, and they might make available a bolt on hoop setup.
That would be great for an antenna mount.

One more thing, the AP one is angled, how would you mount a set of off road lights to it?
Its a cinch on the ARB one.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
One more thing, the AP one is angled, how would you mount a set of off road lights to it?
Its a cinch on the ARB one.

Well, it would prob. depend on the lights. I think my Hella's have enough swivel to them to mount on the angle and still be pointed straight. It would either be that, or weld tabs to the front which would take away from the smooth look of things.... I would probably just mount Hellas on the angle and point them straight. But that's me.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

i like the all pro one a lot. i think it would look good with some hoops too. but i wish they had painted it black...

as for lights, i think allpro should weld some 1-2" sections of angle iron to that top slanted face making a level surface to mount lights on. one on each side would be good, in between the headlights and the grill emblem.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by garrett1478
i like the all pro one a lot. i think it would look good with some hoops too. but i wish they had painted it black...

as for lights, i think allpro should weld some 1-2" sections of angle iron to that top slanted face making a level surface to mount lights on. one on each side would be good, in between the headlights and the grill emblem.

Yeah, that would work, but don't you think it would kinda diminish the "sleek" look to it? Ok, Ok, I get it, "functionality is the name of the game"... but it's gotta look good doing it, too!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

it may... but if they are only wide enough for a light bolt (1"?) it may be hardly noticable once you have lights on it.

maybe it should be an option. it probaly would look weird with the light mounts and no lights...

EDIT: well, let's see. the way i pictured it earlier (my first post) i was thinking of angle iron 'upside down' on the slanted face (as in, sticking up and out from the bumper).

well, what they could do is the opposite and cut a notch in the face and put angle iron in there to make sort of an indention, and then when a light is mounted there, it would probably block the 'unsmoothness'.

Last edited by garrett1478; 04-28-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by garrett1478
it may... but if they are only wide enough for a light bolt (1"?) it may be hardly noticable once you have lights on it.

maybe it should be an option. it probaly would look weird with the light mounts and no lights...

EDIT: well, let's see. the way i pictured it earlier (my first post) i was thinking of angle iron 'upside down' on the slanted face (as in, sticking up and out from the bumper).

well, what they could do is the opposite and cut a notch in the face and put angle iron in there to make sort of an indention, and then when a light is mounted there, it would probably block the 'unsmoothness'.

I think I see what you're saying...that might look pretty cool, actually. At first I envisioned angle iron sorta welded right to the front, sticking out. I don't think that would look good. But if I understand what you're suggesting, I agree, that would look pretty tough.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

One more thing.
I got a price on this, and it comes out cheaper than the $1050 ARB, but I will not quote it here, as this is the prototype and not a final version.

However, AP does not do any powder coating in-house, and they will not get it done for you, as they would have to box it up twice.

You will have to pay for powder coating at your own city, and that can run $100 an higher.
This could be a deal breaker for me.
Now if AP had their own powder coating in-house as an option, that would be cool.

The ARB comes powder coated, light mounts, and an CB antenna mount can go on the top hoop like on my 4Runner.

If AP put on a hoop system, way to mount lights, and perhaps offered powder coating, they would have an ARB killer on their hands, and that bumper looks very good flush.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:13 PM

that allpro bumper looks so badass though...
Old 04-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

You know, looking at these pics, those fenders almost give the look of a lower exo. That might look pretty cool, having sliders that follow the contour of those fenders and connect to the front and rear bumpers. I'm sure someone will do it eventually...
Old 04-28-2006, 02:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
man, that all pro bumper shoooore is purdy purdy nice, that is! i love it when design, function and practicality flow nicely together. thumbs up to AP
Old 04-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Antenna on top hoop on my present rig
http://www.pnw4runners.com/runs/41203/21.jpg
It is up high enough that it can whip back & forth forwards, backwards, and sideways and it will not hit any part of the rig.

I have Photoshop, but I do not know how to lay images on top of each other, so I had to resort to MS Paint

I am not good enough either to import a set of Hella 500s to the front of the bumper to see what it looks like.

But you can see that if you mount an antenna to the AP bumper the way it is now, it is going to whip back & forth into things, mainly the right turn signal.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
ARB looks a zillion times better IMO.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this is a great looking bumper. The Bent-up bumper is stout but just doens't look "finished" to me. Personally, I am not that much of a fan of the traditional hoops found on most bumpers so this one does it for me. I too believe you could mount lights on the slanted face and still have enough adjustability to get them pointed straight.

As for the CB, why not just drill a hole and mount it?

I am interested in the price, their tubular taco bumper comes in around $700 I think.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:16 PM

the arb adds ruggedness to the fj!
Old 04-28-2006, 06:19 PM

That bumper is definately lookin Sweet. The Camelot retirement home makes a nice backdrop
Old 04-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

check out revteks website for a picture of the warn bumper , that i hope truly comes out .

www.revtek.com

i do not like the arb bumper. but that all pro is hot .

airrikk17
Old 04-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Corey
...to import a set of Hella 500s to the front of the bumper to see what it looks like.
Here you go Corey. Dont know if the height is OK, but it can give you an idea of how it will look.

Attached Thumbnails All Pro front bumper (FJC)-fj_front_bumper_full_view2.jpg  
Old 04-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Looks pretty good Tepui.

I saw that other bumper on another FJ forum.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=3526

I think it is gross

Quick Reply: All Pro front bumper (FJC)