General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

What do you think of this 94 truck for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:19 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam F
Did you not read the description where he says the reserve is $1800?

Or do you not understand how Ebay works?
I missed that part...

But I digress, he is bidding for himself..no way are those bids legit imho.

I was more interested in the bidders than the actual truck after I looked it over anyways. To much rust, to many miles..
Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JamesD
I said probably. Mine was a local truck and it is rusty but no rot on the frame at all. The previous owner undercoated it.

James
James,

You are lucky if it is still solid. So many times the dealers will re-undercoat a vehicle if the frame is rusty and it makes it worse by trapping in the moisture and rust. I have worked for a few Dealerships in the Northeast and I have seen this done on several vehicles. I am glad he is passing on this one. He can find a better one if he takes his time.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by b.miller123
....I don't think that ebay should even allow vehicles, has anyone even heard of someone having a good experience buying a car off ebay? I can't think of any, the people who try to sell cars on ebay know that they aren't going to sell it to someone who goes and looks at the car, so they try to sell it "sight unseen" for more then it's worth, obviously if it was actually worth what they want (or if it was reasonably priced), all they would have to do is throw up a graig'slist ad and it would be sold, selling cars on ebay, that's just plain wrong

the comment was not directed towards anyone here at all, but I'll take the comments down anyways
I have bought about 8 cars on ebay. Not all mine, but 4 were for me, the other 4 were for friends & family. No surprises. All the cars were as stated. Everyone was happy. It's a risk you take to save 100's to 1000's of dollars on a vehicle. The last vehicle I bought on ebay, I flew all the way to Orlando and drove it back almost 2000 miles. I didn't have any problems and I still have the truck.. and I saved about $3800.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Djlarroc
I have bought about 8 cars on ebay. Not all mine, but 4 were for me, the other 4 were for friends & family. No surprises. All the cars were as stated. Everyone was happy. It's a risk you take to save 100's to 1000's of dollars on a vehicle. The last vehicle I bought on ebay, I flew all the way to Orlando and drove it back almost 2000 miles. I didn't have any problems and I still have the truck.. and I saved about $3800.
Everyone has thier own experiences, and yours have been good so far, just remember that you're taking a risk, and if you are willing to accept that, then hey, go for it, I'm glad that you and yours have been able to save money, that's what it's all about

there are ways to get around alot of the risk, like never sending money before you inspect the vehicle, or lloking before you bid at all, but if you're going to get something from across the country, that makes it a little harder to do that, I'm not buying anything that I haven't sat in, drove around on a test drive, made sure everything works (or I at least know for sure what doesn't work), seen the title in person, made sure that the guy I am buying from is the guy on the title, and had inspected by myself and a mechanic I actually trust,

It may sound like too much to do before buying a truck, but second to a house, vehicles usually are the largest purchase that people ever make, might as well do it right,

IMO it's just way too much effort to do it (buying on ebay) with little or no risk (along with the risks that are involved with buying a car) and the money saved is always too little compaired to how much you might loose

Call me crazy, but there are alot of people out there who have an incredibly screwed up moral compass, and who would love to take advantage of those who actually trust people,

someone told me once that there are three kinds of people: those who screw others over, those who get screwed over, and the few in the middle who do neither, try to stay in the middle