General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

weathertech mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 PM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weathertech mats

got these a couple weeks ago.

im not impressed. they got and look filthy really quickly and easily, and dont fit very well in the back. im gonna actually have to follow the cut out lines i guess.

avoid these... theyre pricey but dont look it.. at least in the rear. my front ones are decent, but i just wish they didnt look so... i dont know.. tonka.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

I was looking at getting some all weather mats for my carpet mats (yes I said mats for my mats) and didnt want to spend the money for husky liners, weathertech or oem all weather mats so I just spent twenty bucks on the weather mats I got at costco and they fit pretty well and surprisingly match the color well too (I have the tan interior). After hearing your post I'm glad I didnt spend the money on the weathertech mats.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:48 AM

I bought the Huskey all-weather rubber mats (not the tub-style everybody loves). I don't think they look that great either, and they don't fit great. Had to follow the cut lines in the rear like you.

They work fine, just not worth the money IMO. The Toyota all-weather mats look and fit better for about the same price.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:13 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i saw them at the dealership (inside a gen 3 similar to mine) and thought they looked really really small. seemed like the carpet underneath would get crudded up on the sides.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:15 AM
Contributing Member

I went to Pep Boys and spent $40 on both front and rear mats and they look and hold up great. Pretty much just like the Husky's in my opinion. You do have to do some minor trimming on the driver's side mat but for $40 bucks they have been well worth it.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Contributing Member

Huskys

I bought the Huskey all-weather rubber mats (not the tub-style everybody loves). I don't think they look that great either, and they don't fit great.
There is a reason that everybody loves the Huskey Liners ("tub style"). They fit & look great and are worth the Xtra bucks to maintain your interior. My 2 cents.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:42 AM

Anybody have the "nifty catch-all extreme" line of floor mats. I saw them in Performance Products but would like to hear from somebody who has them before I ordered a set.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Husky liners

You get what you pay for usually and the Husky "tub-like" liners are worth the extra dough! They are custom fit, keep your carpet super clean from gunk, mud, water, kool-aid, etc., and you can clean them off with just a wipe from a rag and a shot of Windex.

Best money I've spent on my rig was the Husky liners all around, $275 for front row, second row and cargo.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:10 AM
lee
Contributing Member

well i dont want to mislead people into thinking the weathertech mats are bad quality or dont come clean -- they surely do. i just hate how quickly they look dirty again!

from now on: not one single thing gets purchased unless its custom.

lesson learned. :pat:
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM

I love the Digital fit mats better than stock
Old 08-02-2010, 02:18 PM

I also got the Digital Fit ones and they fit very well in the front, rear and cargo. Just spent a week at the beach in NC and they caught all of the sand from beach (which is a lot since you can drive on the beach there and you go straight from sand to seat).
Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fo-runna
I also got the Digital Fit ones and they fit very well in the front, rear and cargo. Just spent a week at the beach in NC and they caught all of the sand from beach (which is a lot since you can drive on the beach there and you go straight from sand to seat).

wow....thread not dead....6yrs wow
what are the"digital fit"???
Old 08-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by y2kltdsport
wow....thread not dead....6yrs wow
what are the"digital fit"???
that's one for the record books. lol

The WT Digital Fit mats are designed to specifically fit a certain vehicle...meaning they're not just a sheet of rubber: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/d...r-mats-156950/
Old 08-03-2010, 02:27 AM

FWIW, I have the front, rear and cargo liner from WeatherTech and I'm very happy. They fit perfectly, clean easily, and don't become dirty that quickly (I guess cause I have tan). Got a set for the new Taco too and they fit perfectly in that too.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by steelhead
Anybody have the "nifty catch-all extreme" line of floor mats. I saw them in Performance Products but would like to hear from somebody who has them before I ordered a set.
Had them and didn't like em. The color of the carpet is off, and it's not that easily cleanable. The tub sides get folded in easily because of people stepping on them.

I replaced those catch-all's with weather techs and I am super happy with them. They fit extremely well, better than oem mats, and the tan still looks great on mine after a year of use. You just have to scrub on them with a brush and simple green every once and a while. I didn't want to get these at first because I really liked the carpet, but I haven't been bothered by it a bit. The superior fit just looks great.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:21 AM

I have the digital fit weathertech and they are awesome. They are a perfect fit that isn't bulky and doesn't get in the way. My interior is tan but I got black mats because the tans will get black from shoes. The blacks do show mud but that washes off. Well worth the money.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
You get what you pay for usually and the Husky "tub-like" liners are worth the extra dough! They are custom fit, keep your carpet super clean from gunk, mud, water, kool-aid, etc., and you can clean them off with just a wipe from a rag and a shot of Windex.

Best money I've spent on my rig was the Husky liners all around, $275 for front row, second row and cargo.

I got huskys in 1999 when my 4runner was new. today, after 201,000 miles,
the 4runner looks tired except under the huskys, where it is brand new

and the huskys show virtually no wear, not a hint of wear through the heel.

12 years old
Old 08-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
husky liners have come down in price apparently over the years thank goodness. great revive a thread action from litterfisher!

front set $62.04 Amazon- tan is 35703
rear set 60.04 Amazon-tan is 65703
cargo area $71.95 Street Side auto/73.20 Amazon-tan is 25103

I just got the front set with the Amazon credit card for the $30 off. So $32.04 total for the fronts. No idea why it took me so long to pull the trigger on these other than pure cheapskatedness...(hey revive a thread and invent new words-refudiate! I can see Russia from here...)

I do admire WeatherTechs ads on their all American stance but Huskys come from Kansas so there is that going for 'em. I like the fit and ease of cleaning. Time will tell how well they hold up.

Last edited by Ron Helmuth; 08-05-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 PM

rather than spending the dough on dumb floor mats, i buy cheapos, trash em and throw them away! 15-20 bucks outfit front and rear
Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 AM

I've looked at the Husky's but I can't seem to find them for the 1st gen's? Is it just me?

Quick Reply: weathertech mats