General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

TRD customer service BLOWS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TRD customer service BLOWS!

I called TRD's customer service twice today for some info on parts and info on the s/c. Usually I would look all over the net and on Y/T to find anything I was looking for but being at work I don't have the time to sit in front of a computer. I first called to ask about a replacement nose drive assy since my local ripoff dealer quoted me $500 for one. I was told in a snobby voice that they don't deal parts to the public and that I had to go to the dealer. I then asked if he had a part # for a replacement nose shaft seal. Again, was told in a complete asshat voice that NO, we DON'T sell seperate parts, I need to buy the nose drive assy that he won't give me any info on. Fine. Hung up but needed to call back several hours later to ask how much s/c oil the nose drive took. Same guy asked me what oil I had. I told him I had GM supercharger oil. OH NO, you CANNOT use that. It will not work at all for the trd blower. You must ONLY use toyota oil from your dealer (the same oil I was quoted $90 for). I know this isnt true that GM oil wont work. I know some of you in here have gotten the nose drive bearing kits from Rolling Performance which includes....oh yes....GM S/C oil. Eaton makes these superchargers, not toyota. They make blowers for all sorts of applications, using the same bearings and parts and they all work just fine with GM S/C oil. He told me it took 140 ML which I am not sure about since he was such a di*k about everything. Why have a customer service line that #1 can't help you with parts, and #2 hires ass clowns to 'help' people. If I didnt know trd had such a great product, I wouldnt want to use their stuff after these experiences
Old 08-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that sucks i dont understand people like that i was havin a perfectly good daytoday and some bit*h was bein a total ass and it made me all pissed for like an hour
Old 08-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Who knows maybe he didn't get laid last night. You never know what puts people in a bad mood.