Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Double nut method.... Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Double nut method.... Now what?

So I used the double nut method thinking that I was going to be installing a Weber but that changed and I'm now back to a OEM but I now no longer have a I don't know what to call it actually double-sided bolt to mount with what exactly am I looking for what do I call it and where can I get one obviously at Lowe's or something like that since AutoZone is not opened this early but I tried to use a whatever one that was only single-sided and it just fall right through so what exactly do I do to actually mount the carburetor? I mean I suppose I could use super glue with rubber cement or I don't know a rubber band. But really what are those called exactly?

I used high tech and gasket sealant I'm not sure if that was the right stuff because I also heard you're supposed to use white lifting Grease so any advice would be appreciated and that's not going to be the only question I have I'm also going to need a lot more help as far as I'm pretty much the rest of it
Old 08-04-2021, 08:48 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by Darylzane
So I used the double nut method thinking that I was going to be installing a Weber but that changed and I'm now back to a OEM but I now no longer have a I don't know what to call it actually double-sided bolt to mount with what exactly am I looking for what do I call it and where can I get one obviously at Lowe's or something like that since AutoZone is not opened this early but I tried to use a whatever one that was only single-sided and it just fall right through so what exactly do I do to actually mount the carburetor? I mean I suppose I could use super glue with rubber cement or I don't know a rubber band. But really what are those called exactly?

I used high tech and gasket sealant I'm not sure if that was the right stuff because I also heard you're supposed to use white lifting Grease so any advice would be appreciated and that's not going to be the only question I have I'm also going to need a lot more help as far as I'm pretty much the rest of it
I think what your trying to ask is you need studs to mount your carb

M8x1.25 I would guess overall length is around 40 mm just a guess depends how thick the flange on the carb is
The following users liked this post:
2ToyGuy (08-04-2021)