Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

87 4Runner Sr5 Power Windows Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
87 4Runner Sr5 Power Windows Problem

I Have a 87 4Runner with power windows and locks. My master switch had went bad and I finally broke down and bought a new one from the switch doctor changed the bezel installed it and it was acting crazy the windows wouldn't work at all and I could lock the doors with the lock button but the passenger side window down button unlocked the doors crazy huh. So I go and find their ad from where I had bought the switch so I could contact them and their ad now states that in some years you may have to rewire the switch to match your wiring it didn't say this when I bought it and yes I was one of the lucky ones. So I rewired the switch right to match my old one and hooked it up and the locks work right now but no windows I have done some research and am sure that I fried the relay I have pulled it out and it even has a strong electrical burnt smell to it. I have looked and cant find the relay I need anywhere it says Toyota door control part# 85980-89101 if anyone has one of these I would be more than happy to buy it from you or if you know where I could get one please let me know. Or if anyone out there knows an alternative fix to this problem any help would be greatly appreciated. I know Im not the first one out there to run into this problem im surprised that there is nobody out there making these parts. Thanks in advance for any and all help.