03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

will 315/75-16 fit ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver_Truck
Are there BLs for the 05s yet? If so get a 1 or 2" BL and you should be fine also it'll make adding sliders easier. If not contact Roger Brown at 4Crawler offroad and he can probably make one up for you. I'd say your going to need alot more then 2.5" of lift. With my truck I had a 2" BL and cranked up t-bars and still needed to take more then an inch out of the back of my fenders to stop rubbing with 34s that are only 10.5" wide...I realize our trucks aren't nearly the same but IMO our fenderwells look to have more clearence.
the coilovers are suposed to give 3.5" lift is there a problem running them that high ? I have heard cv angles will not be good but I usualy her that with spacer lifts, I have also heard 05s cant go higher without the cv angles getting to bad ?

I think I want to stay away from a body lift.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Banned

If you run with the coilovers cranked up that much, you will have a horrible ride. The CV angles should be fine though, as the 05 Taco is similar to the 4th gen. 4Runner in its negative stock CV angle.

Is there a reason you want to stay away from a body lift?
Old 08-08-2005, 10:35 PM

mainly cause i dont want to do it myself and dont want to pay someone to do it for me . From what I hear they change the ride characteristics??? I dunno just want to keep things simple .
Old 08-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Banned

It's actually a pretty easy installation, but I understand. Also, no, they shouldn't change the ride characteristics because they don't effect the suspension components / behavior at all - they just raise the body off of the frame an inch or so. It's a good way to get some lift without effecting the suspension.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by yoda92
the coilovers are suposed to give 3.5" lift is there a problem running them that high ? I have heard cv angles will not be good but I usualy her that with spacer lifts, I have also heard 05s cant go higher without the cv angles getting to bad ?

I think I want to stay away from a body lift.
With 3.5" of lift you can bet on replacing a few cv boots down the line unless of course you get the manual hub conversion kit. BTW, that`s another grand.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jboy
With 3.5" of lift you can bet on replacing a few cv boots down the line unless of course you get the manual hub conversion kit. BTW, that`s another grand.
Not on the 05 Taco ... on earlier ones, yes, but the 05 Taco comes from the factory with a negative CV angle, thus allowing more lift.

I ran 4.5" of lift on my 4Runner without any CV issues, and the CVs were still at a good angle. Of course, I don't recommend that much lift anymore, but for other reasons than the CVs.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by yoda92
Im not considering 315s anymore . Its between 285s and 305s both are 33" 305s are 1/2" wider per side approx depending on brand of tires. So lets say I clear the a arms what will I need to worry about? When you guys say fenders im assuming your talking about the inner plastic which I can trim , I can remove the mud flaps.

Post a pic of your truck when done!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 AM

I will be sure to post pics . I get my wheels today. I might go get tires after work . I think im gonna get the kumho venture m/t 285/75-16
Old 08-09-2005, 12:05 PM

Old 08-09-2005, 12:31 PM

Hey Yoda I have seen a couple 2005 Tacomas with 285's, one with 305's and one with a set of 315/75/R16's and the one with the 285s and 305s had 4" of front lift and the 285's actually looked very small and did not rub at all but these are fairly complicated custom lift kits using coils and and welding spacers and some other things that need to be added to the situation to make everything work together happily and safely. A 285 is basically a 33x10.5/11 and a 305/70 is more like a true 33x12.5, though closer to a 33.5" in height actually, but anyway this can be done. The 2005 Tacoma on the 315's has a 1.25" cause the holes for the bumper in the front are roughly 30mm or 1.25" apart so you can move the bumper up nicely and have no gap and I have even seen a 2003+ bumper mounted onto a 2005 tacoma and visa versa but that is another story all together. I have not done any of this work myself but have been around the fabricaters and they wheel thes things HARD with a bunch of jeep guys(yeah I know the Jeepers arent the same but that is just the case here) so anyway there are a lot of things to be explored that dont happen on these forums maybe just cause people dont think of them or I dont know but the new generations of the 4Runner and Tacoma actually are great platforms to build from, etc. I am sorry I have not posted much here but I just want to help when I can as I have just read for a long time to learn from everyone and see how I can apply my information publicly when it may possibly help other people as a few of the yotatech forum members have been very good in helping me understand how to get along here. Ok, I will quit for now but I will get you all pictures next time I get to wheel with these guys and I do know that they have a 2005 ext cab in one of their install bays getting an 8" lift with big ol front brackets to drop the front suspenion and differential and control arms you all know what I mean here though. Ok with the right back spacing and 3" of lift, you can make the 285's work just fine as the one guy said. 285's will fit at stock hieght believe it or not, BUT they sure do rub!

Steve
Old 08-09-2005, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by 93_Runner
I haven even got off work yet and I dont have the tires yet .Hold your horses
Old 08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stevejbl53
Hey Yoda I have seen a couple 2005 Tacomas with 285's, one with 305's and one with a set of 315/75/R16's and the one with the 285s and 305s had 4" of front lift and the 285's actually looked very small and did not rub at all but these are fairly complicated custom lift kits using coils and and welding spacers and some other things that need to be added to the situation to make everything work together happily and safely. A 285 is basically a 33x10.5/11 and a 305/70 is more like a true 33x12.5, though closer to a 33.5" in height actually, but anyway this can be done. The 2005 Tacoma on the 315's has a 1.25" cause the holes for the bumper in the front are roughly 30mm or 1.25" apart so you can move the bumper up nicely and have no gap and I have even seen a 2003+ bumper mounted onto a 2005 tacoma and visa versa but that is another story all together. I have not done any of this work myself but have been around the fabricaters and they wheel thes things HARD with a bunch of jeep guys(yeah I know the Jeepers arent the same but that is just the case here) so anyway there are a lot of things to be explored that dont happen on these forums maybe just cause people dont think of them or I dont know but the new generations of the 4Runner and Tacoma actually are great platforms to build from, etc. I am sorry I have not posted much here but I just want to help when I can as I have just read for a long time to learn from everyone and see how I can apply my information publicly when it may possibly help other people as a few of the yotatech forum members have been very good in helping me understand how to get along here. Ok, I will quit for now but I will get you all pictures next time I get to wheel with these guys and I do know that they have a 2005 ext cab in one of their install bays getting an 8" lift with big ol front brackets to drop the front suspenion and differential and control arms you all know what I mean here though. Ok with the right back spacing and 3" of lift, you can make the 285's work just fine as the one guy said. 285's will fit at stock hieght believe it or not, BUT they sure do rub!

Steve
Interesting post. Interesting word choices, ideas, comments and writing style. It's nice to see you again, and thanks for putting to rest my curiosity! When do we get to see pics of your ride? With all you told me you were doing to yours, I'd love to see the pictures! Thanks for the help!

So ...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:45 PM

Um well I would love to show you my pictures of what you would like to see and such cause I know this has been said from you to I in the PM's and the other messages at the yotatech forums and yes I want to show you my vehicle because it is still in stock format with all my parts lying in my garage like the rest of the people because work has been keeping me very busy but I want to get them on. I am in a little bit of a tough situation with my family and job and where I need to work and such so I might be buying a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and sell me 4Runner to my friends daughter and maybe some parts with it but I am sure if I do this she will take pictures of it as send them to me and I can send them to you to help and all. But, I will have you pictures of my new vehicle soon also because I am fixing the weather stripping on the canopy/shell/topper and then going to put some nice coilovers on the front and mabye some 32's because I dont want to lift that high or that big with my own vehilce you know because I need to save gas money and keep it realistic and safe for my wife to drive with the kids to school and stuff like that. Anway, I will get you pictures of my Tacoma soon so you can give me ideas on how to make it srtonger off road and then once I get paid from my friends daughter for the 4Runner I will have her use the digital camera that she has that takes very good pictures from what I have seen. Ok so I hope this helps the Rocky and the rest of you. If this is too long people just tell me.

Steve
Old 08-09-2005, 09:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Um well I would love to show you my pictures of what you would like to see and such cause I know this has been said from you to I in the PM's and the other messages at the yotatech forums and yes I want to show you my vehicle because it is still in stock format with all my parts lying in my garage like the rest of the people because work has been keeping me very busy but I want to get them on. I am in a little bit of a tough situation with my family and job and where I need to work and such so I might be buying a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and sell me 4Runner to my friends daughter and maybe some parts with it but I am sure if I do this she will take pictures of it as send them to me and I can send them to you to help and all. But, I will have you pictures of my new vehicle soon also because I am fixing the weather stripping on the canopy/shell/topper and then going to put some nice coilovers on the front and mabye some 32's because I dont want to lift that high or that big with my own vehilce you know because I need to save gas money and keep it realistic and safe for my wife to drive with the kids to school and stuff like that. Anway, I will get you pictures of my Tacoma soon so you can give me ideas on how to make it srtonger off road and then once I get paid from my friends daughter for the 4Runner I will have her use the digital camera that she has that takes very good pictures from what I have seen. Ok so I hope this helps the Rocky and the rest of you. If this is too long people just tell me.

Steve

blah, blah blah billy
Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Banned

stop it, you made me choke on my cookie!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by r0cky
stop it, you made me choke on my cookie!
Whats the deal with stevejbl53 ? Seems like a inside joke. I wanna know what else this guy has been saying.

Steve your posts kinda dont make much sense. I get confused when I try to
understand what your trying to say.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know whats worse: creating a crappy forum that you create fake people to self-congradulate your crappy products or coming back to a place where you basically screwed yourself and have to quietly reinvent yourself and hope you don't get caught for the third time.

give it a rest ANTHONY/BILLY/STEVE.

bob
Old 08-10-2005, 07:26 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm, yeah well I am speechless but talked to the Donna about this problem long ago and how she told me you all put scanners on peoples computers and then trace them with the IP to see who they are and such after joining a forum I dont know but it seems kinda overkill to me but maybe I am wrong and that is what I told the Donna and that I didnt want to make a bad blood with any of you all here but then when I have spoken to people in the PM's everyone seems to talk differently about everyone and no one cares about, man, Ok, I will stop now because I am very sorry to offend the forum masters of the yotatech moderators and the other members. Anyway maybe this will help the guy and his truck:

THREAD BACK TO TOPIC AT HAND FOR THE FELLOW AND HIS TRUCK SO NO MORE PEOPLE CHOKE ON COOKIES CAUSE THERE IS NO NEED TO FIGHT HERE

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5

i dont know whats worse: creating a crappy forum that you create fake people to self-congradulate your crappy products or coming back to a place where you basically screwed yourself and have to quietly reinvent yourself and hope you don't get caught for the third time.

give it a rest ANTHONY/BILLY/STEVE.

bob
Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Banned

Hmmmmmmmmmm, yeah well I am speechless but talked to the Donna about this problem long ago and how she told me you all put scanners on peoples computers and then trace them with the IP to see who they are and such after joining a forum I dont know but it seems kinda overkill to me but maybe I am wrong and that is what I told the Donna and that I didnt want to make a bad blood with any of you all here but then when I have spoken to people in the PM's everyone seems to talk differently about everyone and no one cares about, man, Ok, I will stop now because I am very sorry to offend the forum masters of the yotatech moderators and the other members. Anyway maybe this will help the guy and his truck:

THREAD BACK TO TOPIC AT HAND FOR THE FELLOW AND HIS TRUCK SO NO MORE PEOPLE CHOKE ON COOKIES CAUSE THERE IS NO NEED TO FIGHT HERE
I did not tell you that they put "scanners" on people's computers. I asked you to be honest about who you were and told you that your IP address was the same as Anthony's - I told you that in hopes that you would come clean about your identity. My name is Tracy. I had you fill out the money order to someone else because that was who the money was going to.

Last edited by r0cky; 08-10-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Banned

And if you're not Anthony, I apologize. But you have to realize why that would be an issue and why that would be a natural conclusion to come to for someone with the same IP.

That said, the best way to show who you are is to continue posting and be part of the community.

Quick Reply: will 315/75-16 fit ????