03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Lifted 2004 SR5 V6 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by outdoorfever
friend of mine just bought one for 36K with 6000 miles on it!! unreal. spoiled *&%^.
This dude I know here, a poser, bought a brand new one when they first came out in 2001 and had a museum delivery up in Ohio of wherever the corvy place is. he flew up there and they had a ceremony to present it to him, the engine designer signed the engine (for whatever that is worth) then he drives it 95 MPH all the way straight through back to Houston, with no break-in! That's not it. has it a week and drops it off a John Hennessey's shop here in houston and has a new cam, exhaust, turbo and a bunch of other crap done to it. he paid $70k for the car, dropped another $70k into performance upgrades, now it's not even street legal and he rips it down on Westheimer with the viper boys and claims he can take a Hennessey Viper, S-U-R-E (a bit of sarcasm). it's fast I give him that but, man, that's a waste, oh yea, he got a long-azz loan on it too, so he hasn't even paid it off and he's doubled it's price. haha.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

Corvettes are assembled in Louisville, KY.

On Westheimer!! I grew up on that road, not really, but in a subdivision near Westheimer. Are the lanes still teeney tiny? It seems that instead of adding lanes for traffic volume somebody had the light bulb idea to restripe the three lanes into four. Now you can scrape door handles with your fellow motorists while driving down the boulevard. Crazy.

Last edited by Sac State; 10-31-2003 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

H2s cost the same and that was my point. I just saw a Yellow H2 here in Denver at the dealership and it was fully loaded and cost about $58k.

Z06s don't really have options and come pretty much loaded and the Chevy dealership here has 'em brand new for $53,999;I just called and asked.

P.S. you also pulled up the commemorative edition which is a few grand more than the standard Z06. I just looked at new ZO6s on autotrader.com and there are several Z06s with under 5 miles on them and none are over $54k and one of them is available at $50k.

Last edited by X-AWDriver; 10-31-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

Old 10-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Sac State

On Westheimer!! I grew up on that road, not really, but in a subdivision near Westheimer. Are the lanes still teeney tiny? It seems that instead of adding lanes for traffic volume somebody had the light bulb idea to restripe the three lanes into four. Now you can scrape door handles with your fellow motorists while driving down the boulevard. Crazy.
but where is the museum at? I thought it was in Ohio or somewhere close to there.

yea, they're still skinny-azz! the light-bulb idea was no doubt an engineer from Texas A&M that had it, those are the only people allowed to work here, unless, like me, you slip through the cracks.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by X-AWDriver
P.S. you also pulled up the commemorative edition which is a few grand more than the standard Z06. I
but wouldn't you want that if you were dropping that much coin on one of those things? I mean, go ahead and drop another 5-6K since you would already be dropping 55+ tax, tag, and title. not to mention the insurance, man, I wonder what that dude I know is paying for his insurance on that thing. hehe.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Corvette museum

Originally posted by keisur
but where is the museum at?
In Kentucky

Old 10-31-2003, 01:22 PM

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to spend $50K on a car, it sure as HELL isn't going to be a POS corvette that will never see 100,000 miles. I know they're a lot better than they used to be, but give me a BMW M3 and I'll be much happier.

But I thought this was about lifting 4th gen 4Runners. GoodTimes, any word from Downey on when the full kit will be ready?

Last edited by Hannerhan; 10-31-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

Downey is suppose to call me first thing next week so we can schedule a time for me to drop off my 4runner so they can install the full suspension to make sure everything is okay. From what they have told me , it looks like everything will work without a hitch

So hopefully by the end of next week, we'll have a full suspension for the 4th gen! I'm already working on gettin some new shoes so hopefully that can go in at the same time!!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:23 PM

1. I got the skid plate off of an ebay auction for $100...couldn't tell ya what the part # is.
Billy, is this the same skid plate you got?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2439973340

What else did you modify besides adding all those washers?

Does it mount on to factory holes? or did you have to drill new ones?

NEED PICS SOON. I've been waiting for the skidplates for the 4th gen!!!

Thanks
Old 10-31-2003, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Hannerhan
Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to spend $50K on a car, it sure as HELL isn't going to be a POS corvette that will never see 100,000 miles.

but give me a BMW M3 and I'll be much happier.

I'll agree with you about the new M3,very sweet car but what C5 Vettes don't see 100k? The C5 has helped out immensely with it's "issues" of the past. Great car except for it's one glaring miscue,the damn cheap GM interior plastics.

I've been a regular at the dragstrip for over 8 seasons and I really haven't heard or seen the problems with the current gen of Vettes reliability save for a few blown examples that were just pushed too much.

Hmmm,comparing the Vette to an M3? Both great cars and I have driven a '02 ZO6 and last years M3 (being in a large car club has it's benefits) and they just are two different animals. The ZO6 is more of a race car at heart while the M3 gives up a little in the name of civility. Real world I'd take the M3 but for weekend driver the Vette is a threat at the strip and on a road course;the Vette is a complete sports car.

Another word on the M3;cram a blower under the hood and give it 450 horse and I'd chuck the Vette in a heartbeat.

OK,let's see if we can get more off topic.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by timber725
I've been waiting for the skidplates for the 4th gen!!!
Funny cuz my skidplates are virtually non-existant It's soo torn up it's not even funny!

Good news is I'm having Demello Offroad make some skids for us All the way back (front/gas you name it, everything because I really need em!)
Old 10-31-2003, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Good Times
Funny cuz my skidplates are virtually non-existant It's soo torn up it's not even funny!

Good news is I'm having Demello Offroad make some skids for us All the way back (front/gas you name it, everything because I really need em!)
after your driveshaft mishap, you need that!!! hehe

Keep us posted because I'd be interested in a full under carriage treatment.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:24 PM

The process continues-

First of all, Timber725, that is the exact skid plate I bought. It honestly offers no real protection, as it is not very thick or extremely strong, more of an aesthetic thing...looks good below the silver paint on the front bumper if you have that. To mount it all you have to do is get some 1-1.5" shock bushings to space it down and buy a longer set of nuts and bolts than the ones provided. I'm sure you could also use rubber washers of something else alond those lines...and it has two bolt holes per side, one that lines directly up with the front tow eyes. If you don't know what I am talking about, take 30 seconds and look under the front and you will see them right away. Let me know if you need any other help.

The lift has a settled a little, ride quality is just fine. Tried the idea that Good Times offered w/ the OBDII programmer, but couldn't get the lights to reset, though it did tell me that nothing was wrong. To prevent this I would recommend disconnecting you battery pre installation and you should be fine. Finally got the back of the vehicle up to the stance I was looking for with some modification to my existing air shocks. From the ground to the bottom of the fender with my 285/65R17's, I measure 38.5"+ at the rear and 36.25" in the front...remember though this back height is achieved thru the force of the shcok pushing up...was a couple inches lower. As soon as I can get some Air Lift bags from PP I'll yank the air shocks and add the bags to correct the rear for good.

The tires look very very small on the vehicle now, and I can guarantee you could fit 33's or 285/75's with no probs at all...maybe even slightly bigger. As soon as my next paycheck hits I am going to up throw some 285/70R17's underneath her. They measure 32.7" X 11.2". I'll let you know how that goes. BFG just came out with this size in the AT and MT, and I think they are around $180 per @ the tire rack...seems to be the cheapest I've found. As soon as I get my digital back I will be some pics up...hopefully tomorrow...then one of you could photochop some bigger rubber on for me. Peace for now.

Billy
Old 11-01-2003, 09:58 PM

Wasn't planning on using the skid plates for protection. Just like the way they look on the other Toys, and would like one for my 4th gen.

Thanks
Old 11-02-2003, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by timber725
Wasn't planning on using the skid plates for protection. Just like the way they look on the other Toys, and would like one for my 4th gen.

Thanks
Me either. I just wanted something that goes from head to toe that would help the vehicle to slide over things rather than having the gas tank or the cross member hanging up.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:48 PM

Hey all-

Anyone who is interested in all the info that I have posted within this thread, check out the one I started a couple of hours ago showing a bunch of pics of the rig titled "Picture Time". Hope you can find it useful. Thanks.

Billy
Old 11-18-2003, 07:24 AM

Revtek 3" lift

03 Sr5 V6

I'm interested in the Revtek 3" lift.
A Revtek rep wrote that the spacers in front compress the springs so the front becomes firmer but the rear stays the same, other than the longer shocks.

My Toyota dealer does them for about $750 installed including alignment and it doesn't change the warranty.

Anyone who's done this to their 03 or 04, please give me some feedback on how it changed the ride comfort. Does the ride become harsh?
Old 11-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

Natually the spacers will make your shocks stiffer thus making the ride abit harsh. It's expected..
Old 11-18-2003, 10:19 AM

The spring is compressed very little. I didn't notice any ride difference on mine.

Quick Reply: Lifted 2004 SR5 V6 Limited