86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Well...good bye YOTATECH. Not yet, but real soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toyotatom93

Think it's all BS go drive a kia and see what driving a piece of crap is really like.
I would take a Hyundai over a VW in terms of reliability.

How are those Phaeton sales going VW...

While I' at it, VW really nailed it with the Toureg....Jumping on the SUV market as soon as gas prices shot up and SUV sales plummeted.

Last edited by Whitey13; 12-20-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Hyundai was rated by Consumer Reports to have the worst life span of any automobile.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Hey everyone here is acting like chads the size of earth. Its an IFS lowered rail, it has a buick swap, its not Yota, its a Toy that is to be played with that cant even be played with hard because your running IFS, its basically street queen crap. I wouldnt even think of paying more than 2000$ for it. These guys saying 7000$ are either miracle workers or live somewhere were normals laws of supply and demand dont exist. Take it where they are paying most for it. If you can drive it somewhere and get 5000+.. Take it there. In fact, I will ship our 5 Toyotas from Georgia (rust free beauties) if I could be guaranteed 4000$!!! Maybe I dont think its worth anything since I rock the U.P. and WI, but from my perspective, those numbers are crazy. The truck is completely built for comfort and road driving. Not offroad.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM

If you took off the body lift I would give you more money
Old 12-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Slednutjetskier
Hey everyone here is acting like chads the size of earth. Its an IFS lowered rail, it has a buick swap, its not Yota, its a Toy that is to be played with that cant even be played with hard because your running IFS, its basically street queen crap. I wouldnt even think of paying more than 2000$ for it. These guys saying 7000$ are either miracle workers or live somewhere were normals laws of supply and demand dont exist. Take it where they are paying most for it. If you can drive it somewhere and get 5000+.. Take it there. In fact, I will ship our 5 Toyotas from Georgia (rust free beauties) if I could be guaranteed 4000$!!! Maybe I dont think its worth anything since I rock the U.P. and WI, but from my perspective, those numbers are crazy. The truck is completely built for comfort and road driving. Not offroad.

this guy makes the most sense out of all of most of you. dont be hating on kia and hyundai the old sportages 4x4s are fun as hell to ream out and try and destroy havent had any problems with my kia sportage and its got 250xxx on it. and the old beetles last so long cause the cars engine has like 40 parts to it and its air cooled duuurrrr
Old 12-21-2007, 06:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Damn, seriously the hatin in this thread is so out of place on YT. All cars have their issues, VW over the last 5 or 6 years was plagued with coil pack recalls on the 1.8T and window regulator problems that just never seemed to go away. Thankfully everyone here bought a problem free Toyota truck *cough*head gasket*cough* and should enjoy a lifetime of maintenance free driving *cough*steering column*cough*. VW might not enjoy Toyotas appliance like reliability but at least VW’s don’t put me in a coma. I mean come on the Echo, the Prius, Corrola, Camry(finally looks interesting again) Avalon? All about as stylistically exciting as wet cardboard. Where was Toyotas 270hp AWD 6spd manual midsize family sedan? Oh wait VW made it. How about Toyotas Luxury SUV with height adjustable suspension watertight to 24" front and rear lockers descent control and so many features that Porsche decided to produce a version under its own badge? Oh that was VW too (PS how many times has Toyota won Paris to Dakar lately?). Well at least the next time I want a small fun car I can head down to Toyota and get a hatchback with 250hp AWD leather navigation and all the goodies and THE FASTEST shifting clutchless manual in existence outside a Ferrari F1 transmission right? Oh damn VW made that already too. At least Toyota beat VW to the punch on a 425HP AWD ultra luxury sedan (if you say Lexus I'll says AUDIBENTLEYBUGATTI yes its one word and all of them are VW's!). I suppose I can rest easy in the knowledge that when I want a champagne tan Solara with gold plated logos I know the world will never run out of those because while VW was making some slightly less reliable but infinitely cooler cars Toyota was pumping those out faster than an epileptic kid having a seizure while playing with his play doh fun factory. Now I’m sorta just playing smartass devils advocate and cars are a very personal choice so when you poop on a brand your def going to insult somebody (we might all agree on the Yugo perhaps). Recently the Scion brand has breathed some life back into Toyota along with the FJ. The rest of their SUVs have become bloated mall crawlers. Pickups are probably still pretty good I like the Tacoma a lot. Remember something about your car spoke to YOU and something about another speaks to somebody else and if we all thought the same we would all be driving .....well Corollas.

Last edited by SKNKWRX; 12-21-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:40 AM

lol, because we all know the truth is hate. I've detailed Kias before, cheaply made crap. It's Korean, what can you expect? Hyundais are just.. ugly.

How about the Wasserboxer? VW's Boxer 4 banger? Strong as hell, and water cooled
Old 12-21-2007, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Flash319
Personally as soon as someone has hacked it (good or bad) the price just went way down. It is not a Toyota anymore it is just a toy. Toys are only worth something to someone else that wants a toy to play with. I would give you max $1800 because the tires, lift and seats are worth something, everything else is custom stuff that is only worth something to you...........
That is just how I see it.
At MAX $1,800?? Sheesh for a truck like that? Tell me when you get ready to sell a stock 85 4runner in okay condition!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SKNKWRX
Thankfully everyone here bought a problem free Toyota truck *cough*head gasket*cough* and should enjoy a lifetime of maintenance free driving *cough*.

o-the irony.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tacoma750
^^ your not even worth a responce
no wonder your post count got so high so fast... if it's not worth a response, why respond?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Kaydon
Hyundai was rated by Consumer Reports to have the worst life span of any automobile.
You must be reading the other Consumer Reports, because this one tells a different story.

Hyundai's reliability rankings now tie Honda's
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...cr-picks_x.htm

Consumer Reports announces Car Reliability Survey findings(No VW's in here, 3 Hyundais)
http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly...ds-71019.shtml

I did, however, find some VW's in the following Consumer Reports article:
http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.as...tentid=4023544

Least reliable
SMALL CARS: Chevrolet Cobalt, Nissan Sentra (2006), Volkswagen Jetta (5-cyl.), Chevrolet Aveo.

FAMILY CARS: Volkswagen Passat (4-cyl.)*

MIDSIZED SUVS: Mercedes-Benz M-Class*, Land Rover LR3 (V8), Cadillac SRX (V8), Mercedes-Benz R-Class*, Volkswagen Touareg, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Hummer H3*, BMW X5 (V8, 2006), Volvo XC90 (6 & V8), Ford Explorer (V8), Mercury Mountaineer (V8).
Old 12-21-2007, 03:13 PM

People are so immature its unbelievable...the attitude that toyotas never have problems is halarious. My 4-runner had it's share of little problems over the years but it was tough and never left me stranded on the side of the road. Did a HG (A BIG PROBLEM) and it wasn't totally absent from other little problems, but overall it was a tough quality made vehicle. Good luck with you new car and selling your old one!! The truck looks real nice, I'm sure you won't have a big problem finding a willing buyer. Hope you still stick around yotatech.com!

Last edited by kpaxfaq; 12-21-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by kpaxfaq
People are so immature its unbelievable... Good luck with you new car and selling your old one!! The truck looks real nice, I'm sure you won't have a big problem finding a willing buyer. Hope you still stick around yotatech.com!
Originally Posted by kpaxfaq
Ugh people are so immature... Good luck with your new car! And make sure to stick around yotatech still!
We got it, thanks.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:14 PM

lol sorry my computer froze yestarday and i just figured it didnt go through, can never underestimate the forum ninjas

Last edited by kpaxfaq; 12-21-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
of course we dont like VW's you boobs. its a Toyota forum.

Its called YOTAtech, not Kiss-everyones-butt-love-all-cars Tech.

Lighten up guys, i think the orignal point was lost 60 posts ago.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathCougar
of course we dont like VW's you boobs. its a Toyota forum.

Its called YOTAtech, not Kiss-everyones-butt-love-all-cars Tech.

Lighten up guys, i think the orignal point was lost 60 posts ago.

Don't bitch the guy out if he wants to get a vw. Would you guys listnin if some guy told you that toyotas suck because of hg issues and to get a ford?

Last edited by Jay351; 12-21-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Agreed. I gave him a good hearted ribbing, but that was about it. Lulz.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:13 PM

toga toga toga toga
Old 12-22-2007, 06:55 AM

Honestly..the way some of you have acted is ridiculous. Grow the ˟˟˟˟ up. I have been on many car forums, and NONE of them bash other cars/people the way you do (besides pirate) Its sad to say, theres only a FEW good people on here. The rest...well your a waste of time. Goodbye
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tacoma750
Honestly..the way some of you have acted is ridiculous. Grow the ˟˟˟˟ up. I have been on many car forums, and NONE of them bash other cars/people the way you do (besides pirate) Its sad to say, theres only a FEW good people on here. The rest...well your a waste of time. Goodbye

Quick Reply: Well...good bye YOTATECH. Not yet, but real soon