Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wanting glass to break up in glasspack...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by toyotanick
wow i didn't think there where any cooter toyota owners... it looks like i have been corrected. YOUR DRIVING A TOYOTA!!! they do not have power and they are not big nasty looking vehicles! a toyota is a sleak very good looking truck that doesn't have power so why the hell do you want it to be loud? o and another thing. no exhaust makes your toyota EVEN SLOWER! with the low compression engine that it already is, it needs a good bit of back pressure to help its self out! i drive a 1990 extended cab pickup with 7 inches and 37 inch IROKS with 529 gears front and rear and a limited slip in the rear also. i had to put an exhaust on it because the old one rusted out but i didn't do what alot of you dumb people did and put a loud exhaust on an engine with NO POWER! it sounds stock maybe a very small amount louder which is still nothing. i would rather hear the hum of my 37's than the rediulously pointless and stupid wine and crack of my under powered engine!

first off there is no need to call peaple names
and most toyota's motors are not low compression or are they high compression. there like 9:1 and thats about average compression for a normal motor is it not? i agree toyota's are under powered and over reved but what does the power have to do with good sounding exaust? "flowmaster". basicaly what im saying is if you like stock sound, and we like a lil noise. to each there own and there is no need for you to be a dik about it!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just don't drive by my house. I live on a hill and people rev the crap out of their motors all the time. I really pisses me off when people with loud mufflers go by.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I love my loud truck.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah and the guy above me is the kind of person that screws it up for the good people... thanks alot
Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Contributing Member

No problem!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 PM

yea..i also am in love with my loud truck...but im putting a cat on it..(stock cat) and then running dual stacks behind the cab...our '86 has the stock exhaust on it..(still..not rusted out or anything)..and i disconnected it behind the cat...and its not annoying or anything...it does have the cab drone REAL bad..but only because its directly below the driverside seat...and its not loud exhaust that keeps trails closed...its people trashing them up..and being stupid turning donuts in fields CLEARLY marked NO TRESSPASSING....loud exhaust has nothing to do with it....wtf
Old 04-21-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
I love my loud truck.
x2 but mine is not very loud. its just a flowmaster sounds great!

if i wanna piss off the neighborhood ill drive my 91 around at 1am. lol
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1

Woot! I wonder what a 1uzfe will sound like with duel glasspacks?.... muahah!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've actually had both a magnaflow and flowmaster on my 22re with a downey header. i actually got better gas mileage and response from the flowmaster. First I had a 40 series flowmaster on it and b/c of the raves of the magnaflow on the site, I switched over to magnaflow. I then kept that for a couple months, but noticed a loss in mpg and response. I do think the magnaflow flowed better, but I believe the 22re likes some backpressure in the system. I switched back to flowmaster and liked the way the truck felt after. magnaflow is a great muffler, but flowmaster was my choice between the two.

as far as the glasspacks go. to each his own. i personally like a loud truck too, and my 4runner pops on deceleration sometimes, but I don't know how the glasspack would sound doing it. Try a one chamber flowmaster, it's pretty much like straight piping it and will give you that hollow sound like an empty glasspack.

my fj40 pops so much on deceleration with a SBC and true dual flowmasters that my family got pulled over by cops b/c they thought we were shooting up the neighborhood. true story. that was not fun.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:23 AM

we had an old work truck at one co. I worked for that popped like a 12ga. on occasion & the cops got called on that crew. Unfortunately for them they were all stoned & one of the guys had a 1/4 pound of weed on him.

I personally don't mind what people do to their rigs, I used to love my loud Z-28 but once you grow out of it; other people forcing their music & their loud pipes & squealing tires down your throat gets a little irritating. Ya'll wouldn't like it if I forced you to listen to bird songs, John Denver & babies crying now would you?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Hey Guys,

Heres a clip, Listen to the Napa $22 Turbo muffler.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...=newmov003.flv

Thanks, Kiwi
Old 04-28-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alex 400
i respect your rant, but as a high school kid, i don't have the time nor the money to spend on a full blown 3.4 or a 350 swap. so instead i will try and make what i have as good as it can get.
yeah im a junior in high school by the way. and i still think its the stupidest and most pointless thing ever!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brenjen

I personally don't mind what people do to their rigs, I used to love my loud Z-28 ;

ok theres a difference... a z28 camaro has a reason for being loud... it actually has power! a toyota pickup 22r, 22re, or 3vze all have under 150 horse and very little torque. HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO
Old 04-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

ok theres a difference... a z28 camaro has a reason for being loud... it actually has power! a toyota pickup 22r, 22re, or 3vze all have under 150 horse and very little torque. HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO
So your theory is for a car to sound good it must have lots of power?

Who cares how much power you got, if you like the way it sounds, go with it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Flowmasters are the worst performance muffler, actually the best muffler is the spintec cause you can adjust the back pressure to really tune the exhaust flow and get the most power you can.

Oh and to bust a glass pack, drive the truck a while, get it really hot, keep it running and put a water hose in the tail pipe and run it at about 2-3k and keep flooring it.

Oh and there is a slight chance of you hydrolocking your motor if the water pressure is to high!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

Could you amagin? " I stuck a hose up my tailpipe and hydrolocked my engine..."
Old 04-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Banned

yeah and the guy above me is the kind of person that screws it up for the good people... thanks alot
Your the kinda person to complain about other people and point the problem on them without any proof, stop being a dick.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

I guess I'm gonna be a bad guy too, cause in about four days I'm gonna have 3 foot of pipe off my header onto a 30" cherry bomb and then nothin'. Dunno If its gonna be louder then what I have, now I just got 2 1/4 into a dynomax and a big tip..
Old 04-28-2008, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1989toy4wd
Flowmasters are the worst performance muffler, actually the best muffler is the spintec cause you can adjust the back pressure to really tune the exhaust flow and get the most power you can.

Oh and to bust a glass pack, drive the truck a while, get it really hot, keep it running and put a water hose in the tail pipe and run it at about 2-3k and keep flooring it.

Oh and there is a slight chance of you hydrolocking your motor if the water pressure is to high!

those are 2 of the dumbest things ive heard.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TOYOTA 1

You do that in my neighborhood I'm sorry if I accidentally ramp your truck with tippy the next day.

It all comes down to respect. Have respect for your neighbors and for nature or wherever you wheel. Noise DOES pollute.

Originally Posted by Brenjen
I personally don't mind what people do to their rigs, I used to love my loud Z-28 but once you grow out of it; other people forcing their music & their loud pipes & squealing tires down your throat gets a little irritating. Ya'll wouldn't like it if I forced you to listen to bird songs, John Denver & babies crying now would you?

Last edited by Lysmachia; 04-28-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: wanting glass to break up in glasspack...