Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The swampthing2 killed in action...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe a set of these inside the Exo'ed flatbed next time?

I have the shoulder belts to go with them. I just haven't welded in the mounting brackets.

Glad to hear everyone is okay and recovering!! Hopefully your new found legal issues won't drag out to long or be to costly. Good Luck!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woulda been smarter to have the guys on a car hood with seats bolted to it, tied to the back of your truck. Remember, it's all fun and games as long as you're don't leave the hospital paralyzed from the waist down. Coping with the loss, now that must be tough... I say chop the top and make a custom soft top...with full exo of course.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 PM

^^what are those seats out of, a bumper car?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
By reading your sig, I just noticed something about the year of each Toyota you've had...

if the trend continues, you next Toyota will be a 1980

glad your ok man

I'm patiently awaiting the video
Lol the trend does seem to be going that way. Well see what kind of vehicle I'll get next. I was thinking about getting a 350z first and buying this 84 4rnr I saw on craigslist with whatever's left over from my insurance settlement.

Originally Posted by aviator
IDK Clint.... seatbelts are a good thing bro, next time fo' sure right?
Yeah I know... That and no more letting people ride on the bed!

Originally Posted by Junkers88
Clint when I get back to Texas I'm coming to your house with a case of "Swampthings" on ice and we're going to drink about half of them. After that I'm going to waltz your butt out to the yard and do my best to beat into you the need for seatbelts. After you pick my bleeding @$$ up out of your yard and drag my body back to the table we're going to finish that case..... then we go to the beach.

Man all joking aside I'm glad you're ok.
Lol well it's gonna be a while before I'm able to tussle with anybody, so let me heal first before we have a go at it. And actually I've gotta go back to the beach this weekend to get my handguns and sawed off shotgun the cops took out of my truck when it rolled, and to get a ticket dismissed.

Originally Posted by Jay351
Jeeze! You guys are lucky nobody was seriously injured or killed. Specially the guys in the back.

So next truck gets a full exo right? rightttt???

Bring on the video!!!

A moment of silence for ST2, may we remember her in her former glory..
Yeah, we are VERY lucky no one was killed. Had the roll cage not been there I woulda been toast, and had the truck landed further my buddy will's chest woulda been crushed by the tube bed landing on him.

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
A couple more feet of exo cage and you the cab would have been fine.

Good time for folks to realize, even a minimal rollover on the soft sand can screw up your truck and even worse, you.

Be careful out there...especially if you ride with Clint.

Hope you get better soon buddy. I got that stuff you wanted. Send me an email and I'll send it to you cause your old email address I got doesn't work.

Hah yeah, next one is DEFINITELY getting a full exo first thing before anything else. And PM with my address will be sent in a few (I think I had you ship the stuff to my old employer and the bill to my old house, so I'll give you my new address). Thanks a million Brian. Hope you get to feeling better too.

Originally Posted by GSGALLANT
Glad you're OK, but joyriding on the beach with people in the back of your truck certainly isn't the smartest thing to do.
Yeah, they kind of just hopped on and hung on for the ride. That certainly won't be happening again.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by flashkl
Coping with the loss, now that must be tough... I say chop the top and make a custom soft top...with full exo of course.
Yeah, my first concern was for my cousin and friends. Would have been devastated if they had been seriously injured.

But yeah it's sad having to loose, yet again, another yoter. My buddy who owns a shop is gonna try to buy it back from the insurance company, but we'll see how that goes. Hope so. But yeah, they're definitely going to total it out.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by SwampThing
Yeah, my first concern was for my cousin and friends. Would have been devastated if they had been seriously injured.

But yeah it's sad having to loose, yet again, another yoter. My buddy who owns a shop is gonna try to buy it back from the insurance company, but we'll see how that goes. Hope so. But yeah, they're definitely going to total it out.
full coverage on an '84? cool.

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
By reading your sig, I just noticed something about the year of each Toyota you've had...

if the trend continues, you next Toyota will be a 1980

glad your ok man

I'm patiently awaiting the video
I am glad he is ok to but I hope he doesn't get his hands on a 1st Gen with his track record, not enough of them left

Originally Posted by grant526
Maybe a set of these inside the Exo'ed flatbed next time?

I have the shoulder belts to go with them. I just haven't welded in the mounting brackets.
welded wood? gotta see that..I like the PT 4x4

Last edited by dropzone; 03-09-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
full coverage on an '84? cool.
Dude, I've got the best coverage know to man on the 84. I've got multimillion dollar coverage on all my vehicles.

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
I am glad he is ok to but I hope he doesn't get his hands on a 1st Gen with his track record, not enough of them left
There is this 82 yota along with an 84 4rnr I've been eyeing as my next sacrificial lamb.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude, I've got the best coverage know to man on the 84. I've got multimillion dollar coverage on all my vehicles.
So you got the 'Clint' option eh?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Sawzall the roof off level with the doors. done.

EDIT: Oops didnt see the other pages. may be a little late. lol

Last edited by toylocost; 03-09-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Another day, no video.

So your getting an 80 Toyota right?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Holy crap Clint, Glad everyones alive to say the least !!

You'll get another little badass rig im sure..

Get well soon buddy !!

Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't see a truck in that first pic you posted. . .

Glad your ok and so is everyone else. I bet the two guys who were riding on the back won't even think about doing that again so I'm sure you won't have to worry about that lol.

Man how'd you walk so much on a broken ankle? I broke mine and couldn't put ANY weight on it, since the bones were broken and wouldn't support any weight they just slid against each other. I guess its just how you break it though?

Maybe get the 350Z, and then swap the engine and body onto the 4Runner frame?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by scuba
Holy crap Clint, Glad everyones alive to say the least !!

You'll get another little badass rig im sure..

Get well soon buddy !!

Thanks man. Yeah I'm sure I'll get another toy and I'll make it even better than the ST2. ST3 anyone?

Originally Posted by nosfanatic2006
I didn't see a truck in that first pic you posted. . .

Glad your ok and so is everyone else. I bet the two guys who were riding on the back won't even think about doing that again so I'm sure you won't have to worry about that lol.

Man how'd you walk so much on a broken ankle? I broke mine and couldn't put ANY weight on it, since the bones were broken and wouldn't support any weight they just slid against each other. I guess its just how you break it though?

Maybe get the 350Z, and then swap the engine and body onto the 4Runner frame?
Yeah it has a lot to do with how you break it. Plus it's far from my first injury. I lived with 3 slipped disks fully impacting my sciatic nerve for 6 months before I got them removed and 6 pins installed in my back. Now THAT was painful.

Hah, yeah that v6 in the 350z is quite a motor, but I've never had a problem with the 22r/e. I'm sure the ST2 is still able to be started right up. Driving it is a whole other issue though lol.

As far as the video and crash pictures go, I haven't heard from my buddy's gf who has them yet. Patients my friends...
Old 03-10-2009, 08:41 AM

/me thinks Clint lies awake at night dreaming of new and spectacular deaths for his Toy's....!

Good to see you and the others are not seriously hurt, my friend.

But all I gotta say is this, if you harm another innocent Toyota, in satisfying your sick destructive side, I will PERSONALLY go to Tx, and put you in an Exploder and blow you and the exploder up.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Thanks man. Yeah I'm sure I'll get another toy and I'll make it even better than the ST2. ST3 anyone?
I think ST2 is going to be a good base for a tube buggy.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 AM

Glad you are o.k.

Last edited by racedirt1; 03-10-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wrap your mind around this.

Those guys from top gear just got done shooting the last installment of that "Killing a Toyota" video we all love so much and during the last few minutes of the show, when they bring in the burnt, drowned, dropped, mashed, mangled, frame busted, smoke smelling, sand filled rig back inside and the guy exclaims "And here it is!!! It's still running!!!!".

From the back of the crowd you hear a slightly slurred Clint....."Hell that ain't nothin'. Give me the damn keys and hold my beer, I'll show you how to kill a Yota."
Old 03-10-2009, 01:57 PM

Wrap your mind around this.

Those guys from top gear just got done shooting the last installment of that "Killing a Toyota" video we all love so much and during the last few minutes of the show, when they bring in the burnt, drowned, dropped, mashed, mangled, frame busted, smoke smelling, sand filled rig back inside and the guy exclaims "And here it is!!! It's still running!!!!".

From the back of the crowd you hear a slightly slurred Clint....."Hell that ain't nothin'. Give me the damn keys and hold my beer, I'll show you how to kill a Yota."
lmao!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Old 03-10-2009, 05:05 PM

Hah well I finally got some of the pictures. My friend's gonna hold onto the video until I get some of the legal stuff worked out. But yeah, the pics look kinda tame, but once yall see the video... Man it still gives me the heebee jeebee's. Anyhow, for your viewing pleasure:

Quick Reply: The swampthing2 killed in action...