Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Power loss, vibration, oil leak.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power loss, vibration, oil leak.

Hello,

I found a '94 Hilux Surf SSR-G (3.0 V6 EFI petrol) with 213k's on it about 2 months ago and decided to go for it. It had a new head gasket, water pump and T belt but I knew it would still be a bit of a project - something I decided to take upon me. I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time and have found lots of helpful information, Thank you for that!

Now I am faced with something new to me. The past few days the engine has felt weaker and the car has been vibrating way more than it normally does. This happens to some degree while idle, and excessively when I press the throttle within a certain range. The shaking usually stops when the I go above 2800rpm. Yesterday I noticed it is leaking oil too.
(Also maybe irrelevant but heater blows cold air)

Initially I suspected a cylinder problem, but when in N or P the shake disappears, even when I rev it. So now I am thinking drivetrain problem? Or maybe even a faulty fuel injector?
I checked oil cap for coolant and it looked good. I am going to take a better look at it when I have some time in the weekend, I am not moving it until then. I would appreciate a lot some tips on what to look for.
Thank you in advance!
Alex
Old 05-08-2017, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, quick update.

I have a steady misfire on cylinder #3 and #4. Did a compression test, came out fine, changed spark plugs, checked for vacuum leaks, leads and distributor cap, everything was good, moved on to fuel injectors - also fine. The T-belt was done not so long ago so I don't think this could be the cause, so now my next move will be to check cam lobes.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Alex