Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Post pics of 90-95 4Runner IFS lifted pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Valve core tool + retaliation = loads of laughter for you and buddies, an 1-4 flat tires for him/her.

Just hope the mod(erator) gods dont frown on this, its all meant in good ol fashion ribbing/pranks without the need to destroy or vandalise someone else's ride.

Last edited by Lycanistic; 05-31-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah but come on its a honda lol
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 PM

True, but being sucks...remember, no illegal activity according to the rules.

19. Illegal Activity

Illegal subject matter is not permitted here on YotaTech. Threads describing activity or events that promote or encourage people to break the law will not be tolerated. Links to sites with such subject matter are also not allowed. Some examples would include tricks as how to improve a vehicles worth by fooling potential buyers as to actual condition or mileage as well as ways to abuse or vandalize vehicles.

Since laws will vary around the globe in regards to vehicle modifications it would be impossible for YotaTech to set a standard that would comply to all regulations or be aware that such laws exist. It is up to the individual viewer to verify mods here on YotaTech fall within what their local jurisdiction will allow. What works in AZ might not be tolerated in New Zealand.

Search engines crawl over YotaTech 24/7. Threads and posts are a reflection of YotaTech as well as our users. Consider the ramifications of posting such subject matter with your name attached.

Last edited by Lycanistic; 05-31-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: copy/paste rules
Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM

If some guy in a honda razzed me for driving my 4Runner I would simply tell him that he is lucky he can borrow his sister's car while his truck is in the shop
Old 06-04-2012, 05:53 AM

wow alot of great 4runners

Guys,
Now i am really confused as to what to get.I really wanted the OME heavy duty suspension kit, with the springs/shocks/torsion bars/steering stabilizer.
Then i look an i really like the LC coil look too.I am not into rock crawling or making a monster truck.I use my rig as a daily driver also as my Flyfishing & Hunting rig. I dont want to have trouble with ball joints.

do spacers make ball joint problems occur?
how much higher does the LC coil lift sit compared to a OME lift?
can stock torsion bars still get used with LC lift are the springs on LC different? for instance one side is shorter the other longer...so that youd have to find two from the longer side?
if the LC is done do i have what is called a drop down bracket? do i need the drop down bracket for the OME lift?
I have currently airbags in the rear coils,one is split so i got the sag back.can i still install new bags in the LC or OME springs?

Sorry i have some money an want to get my 4Runner on the road, asode from the rear sag an wanting a better ride, i also need a new rear bumper
question is i hate how the stock rear bumpeer corners an the main part rot out. The ones i have seen {tubular} that i like wont allow me to use the spare tire holder underneath..any one have any solutions or ideas please , id like to get my 2nd gen on the road.I have 2003 4runner an its engine/power rocks,but the 2nd gen is just fun to drive .
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Luvmeye22re
If some guy in a honda razzed me for driving my 4Runner I would simply tell him that he is lucky he can borrow his sister's car while his truck is in the shop
I sooo gotta steal that line, too funny!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by lonewolve
Guys,
Now i am really confused as to what to get.I really wanted the OME heavy duty suspension kit, with the springs/shocks/torsion bars/steering stabilizer.
Then i look an i really like the LC coil look too.I am not into rock crawling or making a monster truck.I use my rig as a daily driver also as my Flyfishing & Hunting rig. I dont want to have trouble with ball joints.

do spacers make ball joint problems occur?
how much higher does the LC coil lift sit compared to a OME lift?
can stock torsion bars still get used with LC lift are the springs on LC different? for instance one side is shorter the other longer...so that youd have to find two from the longer side?
if the LC is done do i have what is called a drop down bracket? do i need the drop down bracket for the OME lift?
I have currently airbags in the rear coils,one is split so i got the sag back.can i still install new bags in the LC or OME springs?

Sorry i have some money an want to get my 4Runner on the road, asode from the rear sag an wanting a better ride, i also need a new rear bumper
question is i hate how the stock rear bumpeer corners an the main part rot out. The ones i have seen {tubular} that i like wont allow me to use the spare tire holder underneath..any one have any solutions or ideas please , id like to get my 2nd gen on the road.I have 2003 4runner an its engine/power rocks,but the 2nd gen is just fun to drive .
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace
I finally got to see a 2nd gen 4runner with LC coils in person the other day. I believe mine to have no sag or very very little. He had OME torsion bars, LC rear coils (long side on the gas tank side for weight, short side on the opposite side) and he said he used very little crank on the torsion bars in the front. The truck sat a true 3 inches taller than mine but his 32's made my BALD BALD BALD 31's look like 30x9.5s under the fenders. He said with his 32" KM2s there was no rub at all with his setup. He did have a panhard drop and an extended brakeline in the back. He was a mechanic at Stevinson Toyota, a large dealership around here so I'd imagine he knows his stuff pretty well. We chatted for a few and I mentioned how I was thinking ball joint spacers. He said they weren't available when he did his lift but he would rather get bj spacers if he was to do it again and suggested I go that route over heavier tbars unless I planned on some desert running or major weight beyond just a winch and bumper (i.e. Engine swap).
Old 07-18-2012, 08:31 AM

Picked up some new tires last weekend off of CL... $550 for 5-32x11.50 BFG All Terrains and those rims w/about 2500 miles on them and a warranty. It's goin in for new shocks and an alignment... pulls to the right after putting it in the ditch last winter. Ordering a new roof basket in a few days for a trip i'm taking next month.

Can't get the pics any bigger...
Attached Images   

Last edited by Nailit69; 07-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'll play...

Name:  ff7e141a.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  100.1 KB

Not running at the moment, but will be back up shortly
Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Central Arkansas woot!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 AM

Some nice lookin 4 Runners boys and girls!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:30 PM

Thumbs up

Glad to see this thread is still going! Have not been on for some time. My Runner has a blown head gasket and I'm too lazy to fix it. I may just end up selling since I have too many vehicles as it is. Still, we have to keep this thread going! PLEASE, keep this thread to 2nd gen lifted 4Runners only!! As I said before it keeps things organized when someone wants to search for 2md gen lifted 4Runners.

James
Old 08-26-2012, 08:43 PM

Bumping this one up! Keep it alive and keep it LIFTED IFS 2ND GEN 4RUNNER ONLY PLEASE!!

James
Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 PM

If you fix yours and keep it, I'll lift mine and post some offroad pictures
Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Name:  IMG_5046.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  228.5 KB
Old 08-27-2012, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Luvmeye22re
If you fix yours and keep it, I'll lift mine and post some offroad pictures
Trying to find the time and the ambition!!

James
Old 09-11-2012, 02:15 PM

god i love this thread

i have 95 4rnr with ifs and i love it then i come across this and it made me so happy im going to put a lift on mine soon its nice to see everyone's before i do mine
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
The view from my garage....2nd gen 94'
Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by StewsRunner
^^^ That's what I want to do to the kid at school with the 2012 Impreza that makes fun of me for driving a "$#!ty Toyota" except, maybe crawl all the way on.
People that pick on someone else for what they have or what they don't are usually quite desperate and sad. He hates the fact that it takes that Imprezza for him to feel like he fits in. Nothing in this world that you can buy, sell, or make can make you a man. I spent time in the mid-east, in that time I saw pretty much every kind of distruction imaginable. The one thing that I saw endure was the human spirit. Just remember that as long as people are talking about you you're doing something right.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:41 PM

I bought it for a grand with the 4" lift n 33's with a blown v6 and i replaced it

Last edited by banoobee17; 09-30-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: I posted it wrong

Quick Reply: Post pics of 90-95 4Runner IFS lifted pics