Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New shoes on the rig with surf pictures..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
AHAHHAAHHA! Nice. I was in Mckinleyville at least 3 times today! Hell I am there at least 3 times everyday
Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
hehehe! MAN I wish I could get my rig down there again! It's been years since I visited. Please tell me you didn't rush to the beach to watch the tsunami roll out or in...

Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 PM

I actually live right above the beach and the Westhaven Fire Dept. came knocking on my door, they said "a Tsunami warning is in effect for Moonstone and the surrounding area and we want to make sure you have your belongings ready to evacuate." I was like um ok.

Last edited by toyospearo; 03-02-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tofer
looks good! wheres the yotaworks sticker
My Yotaworks sticker is proudly on the inside of my toolbox! AND, I am wearing my Yotaworks tee shirt as we speak! I will get some pics posted up of that right quick!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice rig!!

I love that front bumper. Is that home fabbed or does someone sell it?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Thanks!
That front bumper is a Badland bumper - http://www.badlandbumpers.com/
It is the Baja model.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Banned

oh sweet, i never noticed you had a badland bumper. Jeff does some great work.
I have his rear bumper, and im getting the front this summer hopefully.
Did you drive up here to get it? Or have it shipped?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM

That front bumper was one of the first mods I did to this truck. I came across his website while searching for front bumpers. I had it shipped down here. I had to prime and paint it which was no problem. I couldn't believe how the thing lined up to the frame. Every bolt hole was PERFECT! I didn't have to drill or cut one thing. That guy does great work!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:04 PM

Cool pics, I grew up in Eureka, EHS class of '89.

I have been salmon fishing many times out of Trinidad, on the rail car sling launch. I always thought that was so cool to see the boat taken off the trailer on the slings and then to ride down the rails in the boat.

When I was in high school all of the south spit of Humboldt Bay was open to 4wheeling. We used to go out there with shipping pallets and magnesium engine cases from VW motors. Light up one hell of a fire, drink beer, and chase skirts. Many good memories wheeling out there with my buddies and more than a few wheeling with my first girlfriend, or simply parked on a dune.

Not much wheeling out there now, all closed down for some endangered beach grass and some bird that nests in the sand. We used to wheel from Samoa all the way to the mouth of Mad River and back.

My family is still in the area. My dad runs the shop at W&W Mobile Home on the south end of Eureka. He is the guy with all the sporting goods and ammo.

My brother works for the county on the bridge maintenance crew. And my sister is an RN at St. Josephs.

Did you grow up in Humboldt?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 PM

AHHAHAHAH OH MAN!! I shop at your pops store! He has the best prices on ammo and hunting accessories and he is a nice guy too!!
I basically grew up here minus a few moves here and there. I have been here for almost thirty years. I got my degree here and I still manage to survive here despite the economy.
I am an avid surfer, freediver and wheeler. I remember when the south spit was open to wheeling. One of the main reasons they closed the south jetty was due to a homeless encampment out there. Apparently there was a serious head lice infestation in the camp. One of the children living there, a young girl, had a really bad case of head lice and the mother had "heard" that if you rub kersosene into the scalp it will kill the lice. Well, sure enough thats what she did. A beer, a few hits on the crack pipe and an hour later the mother passes out. The little girl wanders off and gets too close to the camp fire and ... well, I can spare you the details. After that they closed that whole area to almost everything.
Anytime you are around send me a PM!

Last edited by toyospearo; 03-02-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what front springs did you use ?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 PM

I'm sure you've heard it many times but I love that flat bed!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every time I see your truck I send another e-mail to MSR to see if he has any info for me on springs for me. Been trying to get a quote from him for over 6 months now.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
I love that truck, but every time I see it, it reminds of a fishing boat lol. Especially now with the surf pics lol. I don't know if its the roll bar or the cargo top. I am digging it though.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by toyospearo
AHHAHAHAH OH MAN!! I shop at your pops store! He has the best prices on ammo and hunting accessories and he is a nice guy too!!
I basically grew up here minus a few moves here and there. I have been here for almost thirty years. I got my degree here and I still manage to survive here despite the economy.
I am an avid surfer, freediver and wheeler. I remember when the south spit was open to wheeling. One of the main reasons they closed the south jetty was due to a homeless encampment out there. Apparently there was a serious head lice infestation in the camp. One of the children living there, a young girl, had a really bad case of head lice and the mother had "heard" that if you rub kersosene into the scalp it will kill the lice. Well, sure enough thats what she did. A beer, a few hits on the crack pipe and an hour later the mother passes out. The little girl wanders off and gets too close to the camp fire and ... well, I can spare you the details. After that they closed that whole area to almost everything.
Anytime you are around send me a PM!
Say hi to my dad the next time you are in the shop, his name is George. Tell him you are one of my Yotatech buddies, as my three year old calls all of you.

I heard about that homeless encampment fiasco. At least we can still Brant hunt out there, just have to wait at the gate to get in.

I will PM you the next time I am up visiting family and have some time.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
You certainly have one of the nicest, if not the nicest, trucks I have seen.

that flat bed is amazing.
you said new shoes...what tires are they?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelingnoob
Every time I see your truck I send another e-mail to MSR to see if he has any info for me on springs for me. Been trying to get a quote from him for over 6 months now.
WOW.. You sure you have the right email??? I have never had a problem getting a hold of him. He usually answers emails within the same day. I don't know if he is on YT that often. If you are not sending it to the email on his website I would do that.
www.mikesspecialtyrepair.com or call him - 707 923 3898
I just talked with him yesterday.
Of all the people I deal with regarding emails and return calls he is one of the best at getting back to me right away.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
You certainly have one of the nicest, if not the nicest, trucks I have seen.

that flat bed is amazing.
you said new shoes...what tires are they?
THANKS!!!
32 SS TSL Radials 10.50 x 15
Old 03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by toyospearo
THANKS!!!
32 SS TSL Radials 10.50 x 15

thanks...and yes, nice pics.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know everyone else has already said it, but that is one SICK rig. I love it! Love seeing new pics! Even though they make me super jealous.

Quick Reply: New shoes on the rig with surf pictures..