Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

got pulled over just now!!!!!! (read on)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by just a 22re
Calling The Mods Now Delete This Posting It Has Gone Way To Far Off Topic And Now People Are Fighting Please Delete This Posting!!!!!

I dont see anyone fighting...just a couple drama llamas...theres some good info here...maybe they can just clean it up
Old 06-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats true i just hate it when people talk this way a treat people awayways what ever but yeah theres good stuff in here too
Old 06-01-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It should at least go to off topic...

Well, the door stuff is kind of useful. The burnout stuff is...
Old 06-01-2008, 08:29 PM

Thats silly, a cop pulling over a 4runner, because we all know how notorious 4runners are for their ridiculously high speeds..... Why doesnt he go pick on a crotch rocket or rice rocket.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 89dlx
I never understood that law in any state. You mean a JEEP Wrangler can have no doors, but my truck has to ?!
I have heard the reason that jeeps can have no doors is because they have that lip that will catch things from falling out of the vehicle where a toyota or even a cherokee doesn't have that. That is all hear-say but I believe it. One crappy thing about this situation is that jeeps came from the factory with half doors and it's no big deal. I had the doors off my 80 pickup for almost a year here in Colorado and I never got pulled over. I never even put mirrors on it.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 PM

I've never had a problem rolling around with no doors. I've done it in a few states, MD, DE, PA, NJ, ME, CT... I put on a set of cheapo mirrors to keep the cops happy. I cant see anything out of the passenger side, but they are there.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:51 PM

yeah i have half doors but look at my picture <<<<< theres no mirrors lol
Old 06-24-2008, 02:26 AM

toyota doors aint that strong anyways
Old 06-24-2008, 02:42 AM

holly crap you or who ever was driving that truck is ok right cause that looks really bad!!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 AM

mmmmm spit burgers
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 AM

yea, i walked away.......sort of
Old 06-24-2008, 05:30 PM

Its been a while since i've been on here but this post has gone wack.... If my friends, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, AMERICAN citizens 18+, and myself can join the military, defend what that flag stands for and put each and every life on the line for freedom and we can't take doors off? thats blasphemy. Its stupid, selfish, egotistic power trippin fools. I pay my insurance out of my hard earned factory money and if i get hurt from some dummy breaking the law not stopping, yeilding, or paying attention when i have the right of way let his insurance pay for it and my wounds. if its my fault let mine pay. if i get seriously hurt thats why i have health insurance. if i die its under my own terms not having doors. how can a person just like me point his fatty finger at me and tell me what to do? its un-american. as long as i am not putting others in danger, hurting, stealing from someone just minding my own buisness who gives a shift?

to the guys harping on the kid doing burn outs just hush. your words won't change his mind because he plainly said he didnt care. besides its a toyota truck not a supra.... they prolly just "chirped"

and i bet the boy from missouri's DOM tube doors are stronger. if you disagree you've obviously never worked with steel...

thats my rant and rave.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:03 PM

You got lucky.
In particular reference
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/FMVSS/
and
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...ection_toc=777
Check sections 206 and 214 in particular and 201 to a lesser extent.
You could very well be cited for modifying your doors and would, in court, have to justify your modifications based on FMVSS statutes in effect either at the time of manufacture/first sale or at time of modification, whichever is the most restrictive of the two.
You must be a cop. I live California and every city cop and highway patrol i've ever met has been an . I drive save I'll say that i can't afford to speed and my dad's a heavy equipment operator so he made sure i knew how to drive better than most. The thing i've found with cops is that they don't help the people their supposed to serve and they aren't worth our taxes. sherifs have always been reasonable to me but the cops always pull over the easiest to pull over and skip the things that are really important. The laws are also bs. The have almost nothing to do with the actual safety of the drivers and the people around them but instead are just there so some idiot doens't sue saying that since they didn't have the law then they could run their truck into a tree. I'm not an anarchist but this countries becoming more comunism then democracy more and more and in everything. sorry. I just had to get that out there.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TomkiRider
wow there mr philosapher...i wanted to do it so i did an dthats it there wasnt anything acomplished. again why do u care so much about wtf i do, if u dont like it go cry to someone else
We care because you make other Toyota drivers (such as us) look like idiots when you do stupid burnouts and other stuff that nobody else (other than you and your high school friends) finds worthwhile or even amusing. Leave that crap to Ford trucks.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
For those complaining about Jeeps, if the door on the Jeep provided no significant protection to the occupants, not having the door has no negative effect on the safety of the occupants when compared to the factory door.
Have you ever looked inside Yota doors, there just sheet metal??? hows that protection??
Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by nc994run
We care because you make other Toyota drivers (such as us) look like idiots when you do stupid burnouts and other stuff that nobody else (other than you and your high school friends) finds worthwhile or even amusing.
x2 ......We already have enough "Jeep Asses" to deal with
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 AM

Ha my old truck was a lifted 88 toyota and i was doing 94 in a 55 down back roads. A cop pulled me over. and said my truck was too high. when i was 2inch's under legal limit. and my truck was too loud?? Wtf is that. and it was a 22re but all bored over and bad ass. i forgot all i did to it was a whiel back.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 AM

wow yeah if i wanna run with out doors that on me not you right?
plus here in milwaukee and maybe WI state you can run with out a hood the only law and/or rule on hoods is a 2in stick out on it over stock so i think here...

no doors not hurting anyone....... driving with out hood and have a rod lock up and give way to someones head next to me???

this must be a chevy state you know all the crapy V8's the make all the rules and laws around here they wanted to drive without hoods so they made it ok
they didnt care about the doors so they made them illegal? whats this crap?

As for lifted trucks............ think about it guys it the man telling you what you can and cant do but heres a video of something for you guys to watch about lifted trucks (and redneck bigbodys not the ones with 2000 in rims) to think about when there stock so i say lift them....

plus thats why we do lift them fat chicks cant jump (its a joke dont flame me i dont mean anyharm sorry if it did)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXeKSDpFjlg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXeKSDpFjlg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 AM

wow i got ahold of that one!!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXeKSDpFjlg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXeKSDpFjlg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-25-2008, 11:09 AM

what the heck man?????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXeKSDpFjlg

if this dont work im done!

Quick Reply: got pulled over just now!!!!!! (read on)