86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

everyone with a gen 2 who wants altezza tails needs to read this

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everyone with a gen 2 who wants altezza tails needs to read this

i recently emailed the american products company(APC) concerning euro tails for a gen 2 4runner. they said that they do not currently make them and they don't get requests for them, but they will keep the email on file and see if anyone else emails them concerning the same tails. thats where everyone else comes in. i think that if we get enough people emailing the company they will almost have to start making them. whether you want them or not, the people who do need your help. i need everyone here to email the company at customer_service@4apc.net. i think that if we can overload these people with requests for the tail lights they will start listening. until now they said that i was the first to request them. i am hoping to get every member in this forum to give them an email. tell your friends, family, and everyone else to email also. the more the marrier. you don't even have to have a gen 2 4runner to help.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:20 PM

if you do chose to email them, post that you did so i have an idea that people are actually wanting to get them also
Old 08-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Contributing Member

Let me first say that i know everything there is about 2nd gen tail lights. I did months of daily research and talked via phone to people in other countries. With that said, i also emailed and talked to APC (aka liars) about 4 months ago and received half a$$ replies. From what i remember they said something along the lines of "there is'nt a demand" blah, blah, blah...

I'd be willing to email them again but i would be shocked if they ever listened.

Theres now 3 or 4 threads on YT about 2nd gen tail lights so if maybe the "decision maker" of APC read them along with every member of the forum emailing them..we just might see new/available/bought in the US/easy to find and buy 2nd gen tails.

I'm with you on this and hope 1st, 3rd, 4th, 9th gen 4runner, Tacoma, and truck owners will shoot them a quick email for this request of tail lights for us fellow 4Runner owners.
agcustomer_service@4apc.net
Old 08-11-2005, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And Maybe we can Figure out what to do with the Fact you can't see the Red brake Lights in the day. ?

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f105/clear-tail-light-owners-check-here-bulb-issues-review-62631/

Anyone wanna buy my clear lights ? Starting bid $200.00 Would trade for BJ Spacers and Cruiser Coils (Ive seen these sold on ebay for over $300 us)

Last edited by 4Hummer; 08-11-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:59 AM

you guys are kidding right ,that it the gayest mod , are you wheelong or cruising the strip with the honda's?
clean tailight s you should be ashamed
Old 08-11-2005, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by ironroad9c1
you guys are kidding right ,that it the gayest mod , are you wheelong or cruising the strip with the honda's?
clean tailight s you should be ashamed

˟˟˟˟
Old 08-11-2005, 08:09 AM

eat me you bag of ass ,do a real mod instead of some gay ass clear taillights that no one can ÅÅÅÅing see
Old 08-11-2005, 08:11 AM

wow, sombody's touchy...
Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 AM

eat me you bag of ass ,do a real mod instead of some gay ass clear taillights that no one can ÅÅÅÅing see
Get a life, this site is for modding our trucks, The lights are a mod. Don't like it? Don't open the thread. Beat it you troll.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

Even a few hundred emails won't get APC to make them;the demand isn't growing and the trucks came out before Altezza type lights even showed up. You'd need over a 1000 people interested before they might even consider a run but it's still not likely to happen.
I'm not trying to be negative just realistic.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:51 AM

Do a Few Mod's? WTF? Um have you seen my Truck? Have you seen my website? Do you read any of my posts ? Or are you just and ignorant A$$ that likes to shoot his mouth off?

I bought the Clear Lights years ago when my truck was rolled. And Paid $50.00 for the lights.. they were cheaper then buying replacement OEM Lights at the time.

Beat it punk.. I don't have time for you. You can kiss my Clear tail light a$$

Go fix your White Rust bucket of a truck.

Last edited by 4Hummer; 08-11-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Contributing Member

if you cant tell what he does to his truck by reading his sig, then maybe you should do yourself a real mod and get some glasses. and some people like to put different tail lights on their truck and if you dont like that, keep it to yourself. yotatech is a friendly place, not a flaming forum.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

I dont mind the clears. It's just the altezzas are well a whole different story. They just look out of place unless you own a Supra or IS300. Just my 2 cents i cant force them it's there own money just in SO CAL it's soooo well en eyesore.

= )
Old 08-11-2005, 09:14 AM

your truck your money do what ever you want
Old 08-11-2005, 11:12 AM

APC = Another Pathetic Company. I wouldn't trust a single word that comes from that sorry company. A few years ago, some friends and I contacted them and met with one of their reps about making lights for a particular Celica (can't remember what gen). They acted like they were interested and took our names and numbers and asked us to get in touch with them the following week. One of our group offered his lights to them for the research and they said they would love it to get a clean set of lights that they could take apart and use to create the new lights. Two weeks later the same guy didn't even remember talking to anyone about a Celica. These guys are in it for the money, not the novelty. If they can't sell a hundred thousand sets...they aren't interested. They make you think they're auto enthusiasts, but they are merely salesmen with no real interest in what you like or want. but that's just my opinion...

I had clear lenses on my truck for a while, but after a few people told me they couldn't see the brake light during the day I got rid of them. The funny thing about your tail lights is that you can only see them when you aren't driving...so what's the big deal? It's just the latest fad. I think it's funny how my 79 Corona has clear corners factory, and then 20 years later people are begging for clear corners to replace their amber ones on their new car! It's a cycle....five years from now the kewlest new cars will have amber lenses and the people with factory clear will be asking APC for amber lenses! lol

I think I would much rather make sure the guy behind me can see that I'm stopping - rather than see my tailights and wonder where I got them (while he's plowing into me)
Old 08-11-2005, 02:51 PM

i'm sick of the ugly ass orange tails i have on my 4runner now. the clear are illegal and i can't find anything else to make the ass end look any better. its just a simple cheaper mod that really seems to make a difference in appearance. i am not a huge fan of apc, but they are the only company that gave me the time of day to even send a reply. if you don't the tails don't email them, if you do, its worth a shot.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bigdob04
i'm sick of the ugly ass orange tails i have on my 4runner now. the clear are illegal and i can't find anything else to make the ass end look any better. its just a simple cheaper mod that really seems to make a difference in appearance. i am not a huge fan of apc, but they are the only company that gave me the time of day to even send a reply. if you don't the tails don't email them, if you do, its worth a shot.
Paint the yellow part red!! I did it and it looks freakin' awesome!! My runner is all white - and whenever I walk to my truck and see it - I get excited - like when I first brought her home!

If there is a Michael's craft store, grab some candy apple red and a clear coat (I forget the name of the brand - if Randomness is around - maybe he could chime in and jog my memory!). It's going to cost like $7 for it alll...

I gotta give props to Randomness for helping me out with this one!!

Good Luck!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM

There is an option that you have. Avail in Japan and you can search here for them. The orange is the part that is clear.....I did it on mine and it looks tons better, yes it is pricey, but I still thought it was worth it. PM me if you have more questions......
Old 08-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dragon564
There is an option that you have. Avail in Japan and you can search here for them. The orange is the part that is clear.....I did it on mine and it looks tons better, yes it is pricey, but I still thought it was worth it. PM me if you have more questions......
I am curious to see what that looks like!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by mattyp12
If there is a Michael's craft store, grab some candy apple red and a clear coat (I forget the name of the brand - )
I used testors transparent candy apple red, just ordered it from their website. The actual product number is in a thread here somewhere, just search for "testors paint"

Here's how mine look

I love it, haven't regretted it at all, plus you can still see the brake lights fine.

Quick Reply: everyone with a gen 2 who wants altezza tails needs to read this