86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22re

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22re

I have a 95 pickup and I pulled my motor because it was smoking really bad it ended up being a cracked cylinder wall and a few other things, I got quoted a pretty high price for the rebuild and was looking at buying a new/ refurbished motor instead.

Every site I've found ether wants a ridiculous core charge (I'd rather not go through the hassle) or has bad reviews, what's a good site to purchase from that isn't overly expensive and is reputable?
Old 01-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LCE charges an arm and a leg, I had mine done by Jim Putney at 22re Performance. He is based out of chico ca. Wait times are usually pretty long. But hes a really smart guy and did a great job on my engine. He has a lot of R&D time into making the 22re even more bulletproof. Ex: custom made oiling rods and half moons. He works with a guy named Jerry who is also super cool and really knowledgeable. Rebuilds aren't something to take lightly and you don't want to do it more than once. So if you're looking for a reputable and great engine builder he is the man.
http://22reperformance.com website
(530) 892-1451 Phone
Old 01-13-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Well since you need a new block and then most likely machine work to get the block into shape.

I can see where it would be expensive

Since you don`t have a core your paying the core charge no matter where you decide to purchase .

Since you don`t list where you live .

I can only suggest buy local unless the company you buy from pays all the shipping charges on any warranty claims

So much easier to deal with problems face to face.

If it was me find a 22re block that runs spend the money have it rebuilt your done.