86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22r vacuum leak at egr? help! vid included

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
22r vacuum leak at egr? help! vid included

alright heres my situation. new head and felpro gasket kit, timing is set at 12 degrees. started got this result. pulled the egr valve off and added some rtv to the rear gasket because i think that is the source of the problem. put it back together and cant really tell any difference. im sure the distributor needs some adjustment, but i feel like i can worry about that after i get this figured out. Please Yota gods, lend me your knowledge and wisdom for a few minutes.
youtube link:

felpro gasket kit part #:

HS26185PT2
Old 04-02-2017, 10:44 AM

Update

Put a wrench on all the bolts/nut of the egr valve & platre on the rear of the head. Started and the sqeal went away for a bit. Came back and upon further investigation, sqeal seems to be coing from the carb. Any thoughts?
Old 04-02-2017, 01:07 PM

Up update

so, the vacuum still isnt right, and i have also learned that the secodary butterfly isnt working with the rest of the system. If i manually put pressure on it, the motor idles great (other than squeal). From what i have been reading, the secondary is half mechanic half vacuum controlled and thats about all i understand. Cmon, id love some sort of response today. Id really like to drive to work tomorrow. Worst case, im thinking of grabbing another intake gasket kit, pulling the intake off, and putting it all back together

Last edited by eutahg; 04-02-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:10 PM

update update

pulled the intake off, didnt harm the gasket in the process so I put everything back together and just made sure everything was tightened properly. made sure the timing was spot on one last time and viola. vacuum leak is a thing of the past and she purrrs once again... that is, aside from the ticking which seems to be a new development. can someone help with the tick? also, I have some really cool electrical things happening. on the way to work this morning, about half way there (only a 5 mile commute), I lost all signal to my gauges