86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2008 Iguana

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofer
i just dont get it... i mean whats the point? where are you going to using a buggy offroad that you want IFS. it just seems like a waste of money and effort.

like i said, if your able to sell them more power to you!

Whats the point of any of our toys? Do whatever you want with them and have fun. Apparently they are good for something or he wouldnt be making them.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody knows you need straight axle's front & rear for trails. For example I just posted this on another post. Look at these extreme flex shots of my IFS rig, this trail is absolutely insane and its obvious you need sas for these types of trails. If I wasn't going sas soon I would have to give up these trails as shown in this photo:

As you can see my IFS is maxed out it can't flex anymore and keep the tires on the ground. These trails make it apparent everybody with a 4wd truck needs sas.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 AM

Very nice truck but a Diamond front axle or even a dana 44 would make it twice as nice.

Originally Posted by Johnnyanger54
If youd actually look at the pictures youd see that it isnt a rock buggy, thats a trail rig holms... It nice to see someone do something different.. I soo sick of this rock crawling hype bs.. rock crawling is for babies!!! <----- its a DVD... lol
You don't have to be a crawler to enjoy the benefits of increased axle articulation off road. You're not going to buy an Iguana to take the kids to school or go to the Starbucks drive thru.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:10 AM

i would agree, i'm confident that ifs is capable, as goes the current argument, however if it were me spending that much time on something, i just swap it.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by GoFish
Very nice truck but a Diamond front axle or even a dana 44 would make it twice as nice.

You don't have to be a crawler to enjoy the benefits of increased axle articulation off road. You're not going to buy an Iguana to take the kids to school or go to the Starbucks drive thru.

WHAT?? I was under the impression that these were made for getting groceries and running kids to soccer practice.. my bad...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:59 AM

i thought it was wicked till I looked at the trail pics... im sorry dude but thats not a trail im with tofer on this one, and thats weird cause I am all for IFS... huh, I mean is it locked front and rear? got 5.29 gearing? 5.71? this thing has the potential to me , but I just am on the fence
Old 02-17-2008, 09:00 AM

sorry I dont want to be one of the internet haters, but just trying to be honest ..... I guess thats what happens when you post on a toyota tech forum......
Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by bry-an
i thought it was wicked till I looked at the trail pics... im sorry dude but thats not a trail im with tofer on this one, and thats weird cause I am all for IFS... huh, I mean is it locked front and rear? got 5.29 gearing? 5.71? this thing has the potential to me , but I just am on the fence
I will agree, but i do admire the "purpose built rig" and it is just that... Get it in some scarier situations and really test it... Im not bashing because like i said, i admire the purpose built rig but it sounds like the truck has alot of convincing to do.. I can tell you that by your pictures that most if not all the trucks here on yota tech could do what your rig has done.. just trying to help out...
Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 AM

I have said this before, the original Idea for this is to take it out in the Caribbean jungle for the tourism industry. Flex is not an issue. Ground clearance and looks was their main goal. However with that being said, everybody says it has to have a straight axle to be a real truck, but everybody that orders one does not want a straight axle, I offer a SAS as an option. No big deal to swap front ends while I am building. Please someone order one with a SAS so I can qualify as a reel truck!?
Old 02-17-2008, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think the thing is freaking sick. you all alreadey know what it can do because it is the same drive train as most of our trucks. just because it dont have sas dont mean to me, but im not looking to crawl as im not a baby. how ever some kind of base pricing would be very helpful. or a price guide for the different models, then you you can go from there on your options.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM

is it locked front and rear? low gears? doublers? wheres a winch? I would buy it with all that kinda stuff it looks awesome . great fab work buy the way
Old 02-17-2008, 04:56 PM

what is the price range????????????????????????????????????????/
Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM

The truck in the pictures has receivers front and back...for the winch tray, it has a 9000lbs warn winch that was already put away. Winch can also be mounted behind the grill, your call. The truck also has 5.29 gears front and rear with a locker in the rear. Some type of locker for the front is an option. Dual t-cases is an option...remember, I will build this to your specs. PM me for prices.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
ive always liked your rigs that you build, but your 2008 model is AWESOME! Great job on these things man. Do you use primarily 4cyls or V6s? I guess the customer can specify...

keep up teh great work.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:54 PM

Right now I am using the 22RE, but I want someone to order one with a 3.4. I have a spare time projected I was setting up for an injected 5.0. But it is spare time...customers first.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 PM

a turbo diesel would be sweet... or 7mgte
Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 AM

You tell me what you want...i can make it happen...LOL!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:56 PM

5.7 i-force would be awesome
Old 02-19-2008, 01:44 PM

What do you think about a right hand drive truck?? Its been asked!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:09 PM

I believe hummers are IFS. While they are not the best rock crawlers I think they where in deed designed for off road. I also do not think that budget was a main concern in designing the truck. Is there a reason why a hummer uses ifs? I do not want to hear about the off centered hubs because I was not talking about hubs. Off centered or not on a trail rig you lift it and carry some spare bairfields. No big deal

Quick Reply: 2008 Iguana