84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

1994 Pickup - 3rd Brake Light Housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Pickup - 3rd Brake Light Housing

My truck was recently caught in a nasty hail storm and my 3rd Brake Light housing got smoked. the part number is 81570-35030. A google search shows several parts dept. selling them, but when you call, there is actually no stock and it's a discontinued part.

My next stop is a junk yard, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas for finding this part.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Nope, junkyard is great. I know there's a few guys on this forum that work in/near junkyards, so see if one of them can find you a housing.

Don't worry about color, as it's a small part and easily paintable.

If you still have all the broken parts, maybe you could try gluing it back together? Try finding a good, strong plastic cement, and reinforce the back with some strips of spare plastic.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
I have one from a 95 standard cab 2wd pickup. I'll grab it and check the part number. It's a darker green color. Also have another truck that's a dark gray type of color that's 2wd xtra cab that would probably be the same too.

EDIT: I checked the other pickup, and it didn't have the 3rd brake light. I have another cab way out in my woods that might have it, and another at my dad's place. Anyway, this is the one on hand and pulled, so I took photos of it. There are no part numbers directly on it and it looks like it might have a tiny bit different shape to the housing, but besides that the mount points look the same. It's scratched up a bit so repainting wouldn't be a bad idea + you could color match then. The light socket isn't the greatest, looks like a 2 footed driver drove the truck (it's an automatic). Looking on ebay, the ones listed for a 4runner matches this one for the lens shape which is weird, the ones listed for a 95-2004 pickup is a different shape (more oval instead of pointed at the bottom, maybe Tacoma?) I didn't see any listed for older pickups.
Attached Thumbnails 1994 Pickup - 3rd Brake Light Housing-dscn3997.jpg   1994 Pickup - 3rd Brake Light Housing-dscn3998.jpg   1994 Pickup - 3rd Brake Light Housing-dscn3999.jpg  

Last edited by atcfixer; 03-23-2017 at 07:09 PM.