84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

1985 4x4 Truck Combination switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1985 4x4 Truck Combination switch

Hello Guru's,
I know its been a while I've been super busy and the trucks been flawless for a while up until the radiator broke on a hunting trip 50 miles from nowhere and its been an issue after issue since.
Radiator was re-cored and now have noticed a head gasket issue. Going to pull the head asap and make sure its flat and replace all the gaskets.
Also did a flat bed swap on it and getting it ready for my son to drive. I'll take some pics and post them.
Found the right front tire mashed mud into the wiring harness in the right fender and destroyed a bunch of wires. We meticulously repaired all the wires and quadruple protected them and got them all tucked up nice and neat.
Then found we had a lighting issue in the rear of the truck while doing the flatbed swap lighting. I think I traced it back to the combo switch wiring that I think got shorted when the fender wires got mashed.
My question for all you guys is can I replace the combo switch with one that doesn't have cruise control ? My tuck has cruise but I don't use it and cannot find a replacement with cruise on it .
If any of you have any insight on this please chime in and let me know.
Thanks all of you