Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

WolfpackTLC

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bamachem
You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I'll bow out for now. I'll believe that you'll drive down to help when I see it.
Andy-

Brian asked me to be nice, and I will.

He and I have spoken about me coming down. If you have a problem/issue with that, take it up with him, as I don't know you personally, and I haven't had a problem with you until now.

I gave you friendly and hopefully helpful advice about your S/C. Brian is a big boy, and if he had a problem, I'd hope he'd take it up with me, or post it personally.

You think I'm BS'ing about coming down and helping Brian, fine... call me out on it. I'd love to see you eat your words...

And for the record... Brian gave me his CC# in email... Ask him if I took advantage of that, or screwed him... ask him about the $$$ I saved him... Ask him about the labor and work that we did... If I wanted to take him for $400 worth of stuff, I would've taken him for WAY more than that.

I didn't.

Know why?

B/C I'm not the asshole you're trying to make me out to be.

I'm done.

Got anymore issues?

Take it up w/ me VIA PM or email... let's not waste the bandwidth.

Respectfully-

WolfpackTLC
Old 01-24-2005, 09:48 AM

Allright guys and gals,issue resolved amicably.
Jason came through,finally,and I received the goods.
I really didnt mean to start a lot of H&D,but wanted my experiance to be known.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:55 AM

J-

Hey, I deleted my posts. Do the same and it will all go away.

Sorry.
A-

DONE. Thanks bro...

J
Old 01-24-2005, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by AzStorm
Allright guys and gals,issue resolved amicably.
Jason came through,finally,and I received the goods.
I really didnt mean to start a lot of H&D,but wanted my experiance to be known.
Good deal Lynn.... the tall tree and short rope are in order for the postmaster....

Thanks again.

Jason
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking WolfpackTLC

Original Posting Restored 09-16-05

Well, I was hoping it would not come to this, but it has been many months in the making and I am weary of the journey thus far, so I am ending it here.

Please don’t bother to ask me any questions concerning specific details as I’m posting everything relevant here and I will not respond, reply or post to this thread or to any emails or PMs. It ends here with this post. If I wrote it ALL out it would be a short novel, so for the sake of brevity and my sanity, here it is in its condensed version. This is my first and last post on this matter, so read it and feel free to comment as you fit, but don’t expect anything else from me please. I’m done with it and I am cutting my losses and moving on. If anything else happens as a result, I’ll consider it gravy, but I have come to the point where I don’t expect anything anymore. I will not be so naïve as to trust anyone I don’t know personally again. While I hope to not become so cynical that I group all of you into this category, please forgive my lack of willingness to be so gullible again. I do consider many of you my friends, but it will be a long time before I exhibit such trust towards a “stranger” again. Call me what you will, but I think I’ll err on the part of cynicism from now on.

Friendship is a fickle thing these days and I was hoping that I had found an online friend upon whom I could trust and depend on, but is seems not to have been the case entirely.

Many of you have followed the purchase and subsequent build-up of the 85 4Runner that I obtained from Stump1183(Scott) here on Yotatech. Here are the details as best I remember them, so read on…

Upon purchasing the 85 from Scott in September/October, I needed a way to pick up the 85 from him since he was in NC and I was in AL. I planned to go to NC and trailer it back to AL. I honestly don’t remember how WolfpackTLC got involved, but he ended up receiving the vehicle on my behalf and keeping at his home for at least a month until I could come and pick it up. I do appreciate his willingness to do this for me and I am not ungrateful for his effort, so don’t see it as anything different.

My trip to NC to retrieve my 85 was postponed at least twice over this month’s time due to the fact that he was either in the middle of supposedly working on the vehicle or something came up. All the supposed work was at his offer, not at my suggestion. I have my suspicions about the actuality of both of these accounts considering the condition of the vehicle upon my arrival. He did purchase several items on my behalf while he had the 85 in his possession, gears, ARB, longfields, and a compressor, and appeared to save me some money, so for that I am grateful as well. He offered to sell me a trailer and his used 35s that he currently had in his possession and I agreed to purchase them after seeing some pictures and paid him for them. But after several other things seemed to go awry, I had my suspicions that things were not entirely as they seemed, so I borrowed a friend’s trailer and reluctantly drove to NC to pick up the rig, unsure of what exactly to expect. It was a good thing I did as his trailer was not roadworthy enough for a 10 hour drive home towing my precious new investment.

When I arrived in NC, nothing had been done to my 85 as he had spoken of to me via emails and on the phone, except for some engine check work for which he had a receipt, but most of that I now consider mute, since I had to end up doing a rebuild anyway. We worked during the weekend on getting the front axle done with the help of a friend of his, for which I am also grateful, but we did not get things completed and I trailered the rig and brought it home to finish the process at home. I am also grateful for his hospitality in housing me while I was there.

Currently, there are several unresolved issues concerning items that I feel he owes me, as he has promised to come through on this on numerous occasions, but has failed to do so over that past 2-3 months with something always coming up to delay/postpone the transaction. These issues are concerning the following:

• repayment for his (my) trailer
• a spare tire for the set
• my old birfields (which I forgot)
• my 54 mm socket
• calipers for the rear
• and a 2nd transfer case.

We agreed that for the balance of the trailer that I paid for he would get the above to me at his expense. I figure all in all I am out at least $600, maybe more depending on the value you place on different items, but whatever the balance, I count it now all chalked up to a hard lesson learned. I shall never be so naïve again.

I communicate all these things here not to bash him, not to publicly chastise him, not even in the hopes of getting what I feel is rightfully mine, but with the feeling that I would be derelict in my responsibility to this forum and in my personal responsibility to honesty and integrity. I would also feel completely horrible and personally responsible if something like this should plague someone else on this forum because I was too cowardly to speak up for fear of offending someone.

That is all.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 09-16-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
bump
Old 02-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Banned

wow...

9 days and still no explanation...
Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Banned

11 days and still no resolution???
Old 03-09-2005, 07:13 AM

11 days and still no resolution???
Andy-

I just read Brian's post today. (3-9-05) I immediately called him @ work, and he and I will discuss this later tonight.

Jason

I DID speak with Brian (Waskillywabbit) a few weeks back about rescheduling when he and I could get together in AL. At that time he did not indicate to me that he had posted this on the forum, or I would have responded sooner. He DID indicate that he knew that I was in the middle of moving, and that he also had his son's b-day one weekend, and that his wife had been sick. I took this to mean that he understood that we had both been busy, and that we were still on the " level ". I have been unable to " surf " the boards anywhere near as much as I did, mainly b/c I only have net access at work @ the moment, and we don't get to surf there anymore.... and also b/c I've been in the middle of packing, moving, and locating a temporary place to live.... Remember.... I had to move an entire house.... my roommates only had to move a room each... That leaves the rest of the 4000sq ft house and garage as MINE. (not an excuse, but I'm sure everyone is aware of how long it takes to move stuff, pretty much on your own, and working during the week as well.)

Brian also indicated to me that he was having problems sending me email, and he was not aware (how could he have been, it was a simple misunderstanding) that he was not emailing me at work, but on my home email (a RR.COM) address, that was shut-off when I shut-off the cable and internet @ our house that we moved out of. I did NOT receive ANY PM'S what-so-ever from Brian regarding his feelings/thoughts on the subject... ??? NOR did I receive any phone calls....

(Brian- For reference... you can email me @ jason-ece@engineer.com as well... and I'm not mad.... only worried and concerned that you didn't tell me/communicate this to me on the phone the times we've spoken after I told you I couldn't make it the weekend of the 11th-13th. Please call me... I want to make sure we set things straight.)

We were originally planning on the weekend of Feb, 11th, but I was unable to follow through b/c we (my roommates and I ) have experienced housing issues (Brian is aware of this) and have been forced to relocate.

The weekends following the originally planned weekend were unavailable to Brian (not sure which ones) and those that were available for Brian, were not available for me. Thusly, the time since our originally planned meet has been unavailable for the BOTH of us.

It is now approaching the second weekend of March. As I am aware, only 4 " chances " (i.e. weekends) have passed since our original meeting time.... 2 of those four were unavailable to Brian, and the other one was unavailable to me.... the last " chance " was this past weekend, and had I located this post earlier, (or had Brian called me...he DOES have my mobile) I would have addressed the issue and headed down then.

Cliff's notes?

Brian and I couldn't adhere to our originally planned meeting time b/c my septic system in the home I was renting rendered the house unliveable, and we had to move. The weekends following that (the rest of Feb.) were either unavailable for Brian, or myself. HE lives in AL, I live in NC, so it's not like a short drive for either of us. I spoke to him about a week ago, and he didn't tell me about this post. Prior to that I DID call him a few times and leave him messages regarding my housing situation and inquiring about a new date to drive down. After reading his post today (3-9-05) I immediately called him at work, and we'll follow up from there. He DID try to contact me via email, but was unable b/c he was using my home email (that he thought was my work email). I have no idea why he didn't try to call me... perhaps he lost my #.

Either way... I render no ill feelings towards Brian either. As he stated before, he knows that I have the best of intentions, and he's been aware of my situation currently at hand. I still intend to make good on my promises. I only wish that he had called me before he posted this.... Interestingly enough... I just realized that he posted this thread the same day that I told him I couldn't come b/c of the house...Feb. 11th.... Perhaps Brian just got tired of waiting.... I can certainly understand that, but I'm sorry that it came to this.... Lesson learned... communication is VITAL... on both ends. I'm hoping for a amicable resolution, as I value Brian as both a forum resource, and a FRIEND. Maybe he doesn't see it that way, and if that is the case, then it's both unfortunate and sad. I await our conversation.

Jason

Last edited by WolfpackTLC; 03-09-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WolfpackTLC
Andy-

I just read Brian's post today. (3-9-05) I immediately called him @ work, and he and I will discuss this later tonight.

... Blah Blah Blah...
So, did you contact him for any sort of resolution to be worked out? He hasn't posted here about it as promised, so does that mean that you haven't followed through with making things right?

What gives? I know you helped him out, and that was nice and all, but he paid you for a trailer sight-unseen that he decided that he didn't want due to it's poor condition and you have yet to give his money back for it MONTHS later. You also promised him other "materials and merchandise" that you haven't delivered on.

I know you have some reasons, but NONE of them are an EXCUSE to stiff a "Friend". You don't do that to people whom you consider a friend and then think that you can continue to be a friend. You listed your reasons, but NONE of them are justified for the MONTHS of paying him what he deserves.

Yeah, he is a friend of mine, and that's one of the many reasons that I'm being so hard on you. I am also a firm believer that a man is only as good as his word, and so far you have yet to make good on all your promises. I also feel that a good deal of trust was placed in you and that you have in turn betrayed that trust. It's these reasons and many more that I will not let this post (and this situation) die off until you make things right. Brian deserves to be treated with respect and so do all the other participants on this forum. If you've treated him with such disregard, then I have to assume that you would likely do the same to others here, and therefore, all need to be warned of your shady ethics.

237 views and counting. How many until you realize that this isn't just going to go away???

Also, don't say that you haven't had the money or the time to make things right. Since Brian was up there and declined the trailer, you've bought a Supra from Texas, flew out there and drove it back THROUGH TUSCALOOSA on your way home and didn't offer to stop and give him the money then. You had the money to spend on a new-to-you car and then to fly out to get it, but you couldn't make good on your word? Like I said, you may list a thousand reasons, but none of them are an excuse for what you have done.

Brian: make sure to post here when he FINALLY resolves this thing - if ever...

Last edited by bamachem; 03-14-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Banned

Andy-

Jason

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...
WELL, IT'S NOW 05/09/05 AND STILL NO CLOSURE TO THIS...

Old 05-17-2005, 05:30 AM
Banned

don't you just LOVE people who lie, cheat and STEAL ?!?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Banned

get the rope!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:29 AM
Banned

lol... that looser won't ever show up here using that name again. lurk maybe, but not to post...
Old 05-18-2005, 03:01 AM

You know a long time ago he posted on Mud and I told him to take care of business on YT... can't believe this is still around, he used to post alot too...
Old 05-18-2005, 06:26 PM

lol... that looser won't ever show up here using that name again. lurk maybe, but not to post...

or any other BB for that matter.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:06 AM

WOW....

I don't know all of you that posted, so here's what's what... first...

Andy-

I appreciate your candor. I really do. I'm not a liar, or a cheater, or someone that steals.... When I read your last post, a few months ago, I IMMEDIATELY called Brian, to reach a resolution... I was also UNAWARE of the post that he made earlier that month, and I was shocked and surprised to see it, so that is also a reason I called him.

The response from Brian was simple, and I understood. " Man I can't talk about stuff like that at work, I'll call you later. "

He never called... or emailed... or PM'd.

Is that an excuse for me to not have followed up? NO. Period.

I'm not making excuses for myself here, but I don't think the finger pointing and name calling is necessary. I've not hidden or avoided Brian at all... my mobile # as well as my AIM and my email have remained the same. He said he would call, and he never did... My forgetting to contact him again is MY FAULT, and I'll take the responsibility for that. But, I DID make initial contact, and was told that I'd be called later. He never did...so.. I simply forgot.

I'm not going to give you all the details of my life, but suffice to say, I've not been on the forums much... anywhere.... I only log onto my home computer to check my email. I'm never on AIM... ever....And yes, Brian and I used to talk on AIM all the time....

Simply put, I'm not avoiding him... I merely commited the horrible act (no, no sarcasm here... I'm serious) of forgetting.... I've had a LOT going on in my life regarding my family and my father in particular, and I haven't focused on my rig, my car, or my friends..... whether they're my best friend's here in Raleigh, or my friends across the state lines.

I hope one of you point's Brian to this post, b/c I'm certainly not going to call him at work and bother him w/ this right now...My mobile # is still the same, and I'm going to PM it to him, in case he's lost it or deleted it...

I'm not hiding, I'm not running, and I've neve been avoiding...

I've simply just been too busy between moving, relocating, restructuring, and dealing w/ personal and family issues... but my resolve is the same. I WILL make things right between Brian and I. I'm sure none of you (Brian included) will agree that I've been timely about this... Heck, I KNOW I haven't been... but it doesn't mean that I don't intend to set things right. I have a huge amount of respect for Brian, and I admire him as a person. I WAS disappointed that he shortened his post from the explanation to " Don't trust him farther than.... ", but given his position, I understand.

And Andy, no hard feelings... you're doing exactly what a good friend would do... I'm glad you're keeping things current... hell... it reminded ME to get in touch with him.

Cliff's Notes?

I forgot to call Brian, since he forgot to call me. Senility is setting in, but I'm not avoiding, running, or hiding from my responsiblities. Brian, please call me so we can set things right.

Jason
Old 05-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Banned

WOW....

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Jason
I copied and pasted your post and emailed it to brian at work so he can see it and respond at his leisure. He doens't like to go to YT other than a little in the AM and at lunch, so it may take a little while, but I'm sure he'll be in touch...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:26 AM

Andy-

Thank you... Not sure if you mean the " blah blah blah " in your quote as sarcasm or not, but hopefully you've read my PM as well.

I look forward to hearing from Brian.

Jason

Quick Reply: WolfpackTLC