Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Bunce School Road

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:20 PM
COB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JamesD do you live in a dream world? You think closing one trail will stop them, that just lets them move onto the next one and then the next. You have any idea what their dream is? I is to close every rail in the MTN's from east to west and from CANADA to MEXICO. Then they will move out east. Just spend a little time in a TREE HUGGER site you will see just how sick these puppies really are. Ok just what trail is it we let them shut down then. Lets see as long as it isn't one I ride then it will be ok. I can't believe what I am hearing maybe we can just have them shut one of yours instead that way we both will be happy.

Last edited by COB; 05-27-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AxleIke
We do know how lucky we got it, which is why we have to fight for every inch of trail lost.

Otherwise we'll end up like you guys on the east coast with no trails, and thats not cool at all.
See we don't have trails that are being taken over by the government, we have trails on private land then a new owner comes along and shuts it down. We don't have to worry about the tree huggers here unless you are on state property. All we have to worry about is private owners.

From what I gather from this thread is the person or persons who own the land are putting a stop to it, not the tree huggers. It is their property and I would feel the same way if people were wheeling and tearing my property up without my permission. You guys are not paying the taxes on the property so go to the other hundreds of trails you have and be happy. Maybe what some of you should do is buy your own property and wheel on it. I technically have to drive over three hours to wheel legally (Rausch Creek). Most of the land is privately owned in NY and people here will shoot at you or you will see the land owner with a gun.

James
Old 05-27-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by COB
JamesD do you live in a dream world? You think closing one trail will stop them, that just lets them move onto the next one and then the next. You have any idea what their dream is? I is to close every rail in the MTN's from east to west and from CANADA to MEXICO. Then they will move out east. Just spend a little time in a TREE HUGGER site you will see just how sick these puppies really are. Ok just what trail is it we let them shut down then. Lets see as long as it isn't one I ride then it will be ok. I can't believe what I am hearing maybe we can just have them shut one of yours instead that way we both will be happy.
Your the one in the dream world, count how many trails you can go on then count mine. Again, our trails get closed to private owners, not the government.

James
Old 05-28-2008, 03:11 AM
COB

CLOSED is CLOSED no mater who duz it, it is still CLOSED.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We didn't damage the fence, someone on snowmobiles did before we got there. In an effort to build good faith though, we volunteered to help and made sure the FS was there to see it.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JamesD
See we don't have trails that are being taken over by the government, we have trails on private land then a new owner comes along and shuts it down. We don't have to worry about the tree huggers here unless you are on state property. All we have to worry about is private owners.

From what I gather from this thread is the person or persons who own the land are putting a stop to it, not the tree huggers. It is their property and I would feel the same way if people were wheeling and tearing my property up without my permission. You guys are not paying the taxes on the property so go to the other hundreds of trails you have and be happy. Maybe what some of you should do is buy your own property and wheel on it. I technically have to drive over three hours to wheel legally (Rausch Creek). Most of the land is privately owned in NY and people here will shoot at you or you will see the land owner with a gun.

James
I think you are missing the point.

Public land IS our land. It belongs to all of us. In this instance, it is an overzealous land owner, and the trail IS NOT being closed. AT ALL. What is closed off currently is a wide area where ATVs unload. Nothing more. The land owner cannot close this trail because it is 100% on public land.

I work at this stuff so that my grand kids get to enjoy the millions of acres of public wheeling for free just as I can.

I agree that it sucks out in NY, but thats the price of being civilized I guess Us country bumpkins got it good.... LOL
Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
COB

tc I didn't relise that it wasn't your bunch that damaged the fence. But setting that aside as it turns out the fence was illegal no matter what happened to it. For that drunk gun toteing psyco to turn you all in and complain to the sheriff ticked me off. I am in process of getting a e-mail off to the FS see what they have to say about this. If not them then the county as the way it is it is a hazard to anyone useing that road. He has the fence plus the rocks piled right next to the road.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:25 PM
COB

This is from an e-mail a friend sent me. This is in responce to the recent damage at the wet lands in recent weeks.

I talked to the guy "stay the trail" tonight. He said the damage was caused by a truck. I guess the guy got stuck, walked into a bed and breakfast, ask to use the phone to call a buddy in fort collins to come get him unstuck. The b&b owner ask if he wanted to call the sheriff and he said no, I might want to get into trouble. I guess now the sheriff is looking into the phone records and is investigating.
Stay the trail says he goes to the monthly boulder ranger meeting. I think it is the third thursday every month. I will find out for sure and post it. I think I am going to get really involved.

I also think alot of this has to do with the rental place. Stay the trail made a comment that jeff needs to go to left hand because it's closer to him, or caribou. I got stay the trail's name and number if anyone wants it.

I think this is will turn into taking trails away a little at a time, until they have roped it off like left hand canyon. All the unmarked trails will soon be shut down.
shawn
P.S. feel free to pass this on to whom ever you see fit.