Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Bunce School Road

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bunce School Road

Ran Bunce earlier today. The trail is entirely drivable with the exception of the section between the gates, which is still closed. Certain portions have been graded, but there's still plenty of rough stuff on the side trails. I'm probably going to be up there some time in the next two weeks, so anyone from the area is more than welcome to come up and join me.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! I PM'd you info to where the HOW North is...
Old 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
COB

We were at BUNCE yesterday the 18 of may. The two trails that head up too the IRONCLADS have been bladed. They are smooth as a babys backside. The part at the top they have put a couple trees across the trail there. No snow at all up there.

We went thru the gate it was open some snow on the trail back to sand area. We made it on ATV's. That trail that runs along side the play area and up thru the creek bed had a fence across it, we couldn't have ran it any way as was to much snow.

came back to trucks to find this on windshield.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

Zoiks....

Man that pisses me off. The land-owners up there get the forest service to grade it for them for 2 reasons. Easy access for them and then no fun for us.

LAME!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:37 PM
COB

Just heard from the ATV RENTAL guy the one land owner is trying talk a couple others into adding some fence along there. This is not good why can't they leave well enough alone? Nothing is getting hurt there but I am sure that this will only cause more bad feelings. You know there will fence removal many times over.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:52 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Two things:

The parking area right in front of the school is right in front of one person's house, so I can understand them not wanting a bunch of people congregating there, public land or not. You are supposed to drive in a ways to the first "wide spot" and air down/unload there.

I would LOVE for one of those people to fence across a FS road ... that would bring the real problem to light in a HURRY. The real problem being that the land owners want all the benefits of living on a FS maintained road without any of the downsides that come with it ... (not that the off-road community is 100% innocent)
Old 05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
COB

tc parking I am talking about is the wide spot in the road, they are planning on building a fence there on Friday need some vehicles parked in the way.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:25 PM
COB

Is no one interested in this trail we may lose access to? The indeference is what cause us to lose riding areas. Wait till they are gone, then complain gee they closed that area.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by COB
Is no one interested in this trail we may lose access to? The indeference is what cause us to lose riding areas. Wait till they are gone, then complain gee they closed that area.
So what exact are you doing to help prevent this - you havn't quite made that clear. And then maybe you can help us understand what we can do.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
COB

See if this helps you all understand.

]

Last edited by COB; 05-24-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:30 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hear what you're saying COB ... the question back is - why do the responsible 4 wheeling clubs (that don't cause the problem in the first place) have to always come to the rescue minutes before someone puts up a fence?

Where's all the damn ATV'ers and snowmobilers who caused the damn problem on BSR in the first place?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None of you own the property and the owner can do what he pleases. If it was my property I would put up a fence as well. Respect his property and find somewhere else to wheel. You guys out west do not know how good you got it when it comes to wheeling. Try wheeling up here in NY, seriously try to find anywhere to wheel that isn't private property. For every one trail we have up here you guys have 20.

James
Old 05-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
=++++++++++

Last edited by AxleIke; 05-26-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:49 AM
COB

Well AXLEROD

Here take a look at these pics from last week easy to see who or more important what made the mess. The sheriff is looking into this, the intelligent person that did this had to walk out as he got stuck. He had call a tow truck to get him out. When asked did he want them call the sheriff answer was "no" he was afraid of getting in trouble. The area at seven mile almost got closed thanks to some rather aggressive full sized vechiles. Thanks to the responsible members of the clubs it was repaired and fenced off so we didn't lose it. Recall the radio disk jockeys that invited everyone to tear up the meadow at CARIBOU, it wasn't them dumb asses on ATV that done that. How about all the damage at LEFT HAND I am sure all that was due to ATVs also. I think on this forum here is where the guys tore the mans fence down last spring, with full size vechiles. To their credit they admitted it and were prepared to repair the damage.

http://picasaweb.google.com/scampi16...45947254135826

Last edited by COB; 05-26-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited by AxleIke; 05-26-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
COB

tc I can only speak for myself as an ATVer I was there when sheriff and FS came out there to meet with the land owner that claimed all the damage to his trees. It started out that 30 trees where damaged or destroyed, plus the fence. Then it was maybe only about half that, then when the real truth was known it was more like maybe 5 with most of them dead already and less that 5ft tall. I am thinking it was some of the members of the site here that admitted to the damage and turned out that day to repair or replace the fence. Ground was still frozen so was a lost cause, but hearts and minds were in right place. With this staging area thing and the locals claiming that there is a 60 ft easement for the road. The DRUNK with the GUN is putting a fence and trespassing on public property that he didn't own. The fence in question was just a few fence post with a barb wire loosely strung along it.

Ok here is the topic that I was refering to.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/...4-14-a-112751/

AXLE tried PM you but got a error message. We are all in this together we don't stick together we all lose. I don't deny that damage is done by some unthinking YAHOOS on ATV's, ppl are ppl no matter what they drive. Full size vehicles are just that alot bigger and will do more damage, atv's are smaller but still cause damage. We as responsible drivers riders what ever get stuck with the pubic relations. We want a place to ride drive we have to take care of this ourselves. We see someone off road tearing things up turn them in, it isn't the folks like in here or the response able ATV riders that are the problem.

Last edited by COB; 05-26-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: http://www.yotatech.com/f15/co-bunce-school-rd-trail-repair-day-4-14-a-112751/
Old 05-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

Don't know about the error, but yes, we are all in this together.

my previous comments were not productive and were a personal bias, and quite unfair. They've been deleted to further a positive direction to this thread.

Cheers.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:30 PM
COB

AXLE thank you.

I been doing some checking into things. It seems that in the stageing area there is a 60ft easement. But at the corner where the drunk claims that you guys damaged his fence it is a 40ft easement. Done some checking on BOULDER COUNTY site found this rather interesting. The GUN TOTING DRUNK was giving you guys grief all the while tresspassing on public property.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still you guys do not know how lucky you got it. You got many other trails to use, so use them instead.

James
Old 05-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JamesD
Still you guys do not know how lucky you got it. You got many other trails to use, so use them instead.

James
We do know how lucky we got it, which is why we have to fight for every inch of trail lost.

Otherwise we'll end up like you guys on the east coast with no trails, and thats not cool at all.

Quick Reply: Bunce School Road