Computer Talk Discussions here pertain to mods, troubleshooting, and PC/console gaming

Fixed the Norton's issue that wasn't letting me use the internet.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed the Norton's issue that wasn't letting me use the internet.

Just in cas anyone has the same issue in the future. I downloaded all four programs they had on that page and ran them all and now I can use my desktop again.
Panda is great when it runs. Picks up a ton more spyware, malware and stuff like it that the other freebies just left behind.

"We apologize for the inconvenience; you must remove the extraneous Norton Antivirus files from your computer. The reason you are receiving these messages is due to Norton Antivirus registry keys still residing in your system’s registry. Please visit:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...&osv=&osv_lvl=

and do all the steps necessary to remove all traces of Norton Antivirus from your PC.

If he link above does not work, you can do a search for SymNRT.exe (this works for latest Norton application or older), RNAV2004.exe, or RNAV2005.exe removal tools. Instructions for use of the applications can be found on the Symantec website.

Since Panda might have been corrupted by the Norton cleaner, I suggest you remove Panda as well. If you are using Adware/Spyware or other similar software, you should remove it from your system and INSTALL PANDA FIRST.

Once you know Panda is installed and working properly, you can start installing the other application one by one until you find the one not compatible with Panda (if any).

If the problem persists, please contact us again.

Thank you for your business! "
Old 09-25-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Typical Norton issues. That program spreads itself so far and wide throughout your PC, it's nearly impossible to get rid of it all.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Churnd
Typical Norton issues. That program spreads itself so far and wide throughout your PC, it's nearly impossible to get rid of it all.
yeah its like a virus itself. I've tried removing it from my computer once, I end up formating and starting from scratch because it was so difficult to remove.

I have norton on my desktop and avg on my laptop. The only reason I have norton on my desktop is because I have a year subscription I paid for. Once it expires I'm going with AVG on that too.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CynicX
yeah its like a virus itself. I've tried removing it from my computer once, I end up formating and starting from scratch because it was so difficult to remove.

I have norton on my desktop and avg on my laptop. The only reason I have norton on my desktop is because I have a year subscription I paid for. Once it expires I'm going with AVG on that too.
Good luck. It just acted up again. BUt now it works again.

It's liek they make it so har dot get rid of so you stay with them so you don't have to deal with it.

And it comes on almost every computer I looked at the other day.

http://antivirus.about.com/cs/before.../aatpavwin.htm

Last edited by 4-RUNNIN' FREAK; 09-25-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:18 PM

I let Norton go a long time ago. Found that AVG free version does just fine. In fact I`ve gotten fewer crap since switching. ICYW, AVG, SpywareBlaster, Zone Alarm, Ad-Aware SE, and Firefox has gotten me a long way from all the crap on the internet.