Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Burning Vid's off computer/playing on ddx7015

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burning Vid's off computer/playing on ddx7015

I just got a dvd burner, i want to beable to put vidoe's from my computer onto a cd and play in my car. Like i have a ton of 4runner offroading clips and lil vid's id like to compile onto a cd and run it threw my screen (ddx7015 double-din)

Could some one inform me on how to do this? i have the Nero buring program.... and i have dvd rw cd's on hand,

THANX!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think you can convert avi and other formats to dvd format. I think you are limated to what the player is compatable with. New home DVD players will play anything but the car ones have limitaions.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

If your car unit can play DVD's it wil work fine. I use Pinnacle Studio 9 to edit my videos. You can then buy the MPEG-4 and Dolby encoder for a couple xtra bucks. If you look at the total functionality of being able to edit video and then burn DVDs with it, it is pretty darn cheap. It really works pretty well, but do expect to take some time to encode the video. I have a Athlon64 3500+, with all the latest and greatest memory adn MB and I only get 1-2x encoding speed.

I tried some of the other bits and pieces in the past and it really didn't work that well. I recommend buy the proper software to start off with.

Pinnacle can be had for like $90 or so and the encoders is $30 I think. That is the cheapest proper solution for video editing and making of DVDs and wen movies I have seen.

Adobe Premier is obviously the good stuff, but last I checked they were $700 or so. And it didn't offer me (functionality I require)anything I dont get with Pinnacle studio V9.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member

Greetings,
There are a few software Proggies out there that will accomplish your task. I have used software from a few. I agree with Studio 9 being the best and easiest. I also like the software from ADS technologies.
I have used the Adobe and to be honest, not worth the money. Pinnacle software is made for folks, like us, so they made it easy. I was able to purchase the Studio 9 with the Hollywood FX software from Pinnacle that adds cool stuff like blue screen capacity.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by MvCrash; 02-22-2005 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-24-2005, 05:50 AM

thank you for your info. I tryed to just burn it into nero because it says that i can make a vcd. I could put backgrounds behind it and stuff. looked really cool. it was set up like when you go to a menu screen on a dvd to select witch clip you want it to start playing at.. it was like which video i wanted to play. i burned it but it said i was using the wrong CD...but i have the dvd rw's.. the good ones, memorex... it said it was encoding it when i was setting it up. still didnt work. any suggestions besides getting studio 9? ill try to get a trial version if they have one out...if anyone had the new nero software that it says vcd and it lets you set it up that way please try and let me know if it works. thanx again.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:11 AM

You are confusing a few different technologies, and so it is not 100% clear what it is you are trying to do.

The reason I say this is in your first post - you just got a DVD burner, and you want to burn CDs to play in your car, and you have memorex DVD RW CDs on hand, and you want to use Nero to burn a VCD. You are using the terms DVD and CD as if they are interchangeable, and they are not.

Your DVD burner can burn DVDs or CDs.
A DVD RW is a DVD, not a CD.
VCD can only be burned onto a CD.

So, if you're trying to burn a VCD for your car (VCDs, btw, will play in just about any consumer DVD player) you have to burn it onto a CD. Not a DVD. A CD R/W may or may not work, depending on the player.

In order to burn a VCD using Nero, the video file must be a VCD compliant MPEG 1 file. In other words, it must be a 1150 kbit/sec MPEG-1 with resolution of 352 x 240 pixels running at 29,97 frames/second. If it does not meet these parameters, Nero will not be able to make a VCD.

On a side note - why are you using VCD? The quality is only about as good as VHS - nowhere near DVD quality. And if you've got spare DVDs, why not just burn a DVD?

Back to the topic - what file format are your video files in now? I can give you directions on how to convert it to a VCD complaint MPEG-1 and burn it using Nero (had to do many times to transfer TV shows from the computer to watch them in the living room) and various other freeware programs.

~Bill
Old 02-24-2005, 09:27 AM

videohelp.com
Old 02-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Mystickal,
Thank you for clearing that up. well i didnt know i could make a dvd with the mpeg's (video files) i have on my computer. I just have some mpeg video's id like to burn but i dont know what standerds they are and stuff... all of the pixels or whatever.. i just booted up nero, clicked on vcd, put "add files" and selected the ones that were already in mpeg-1 format...its the only ones that it would let me select. im about to try it again but i probably wont work again also. anyways plz get back to me. IV still been unable to do this.. been working on it for a while.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:47 AM

I finially got it. The only reason that it didnt work is because my ˟˟˟˟˟y computer didnt let it somehow. So my dad tryed on his new labtob and it worked perfect. It was so simple to.. just burn a regular VCD cd and just put mpeg's on it... sooooo easy. I was doing it the right way the hole time. Just my computer was defected or t he cd drive driver was. Anyways thanx for all the help!!!
Later
Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 PM

You burned a VCD onto a DVD? Or onto a CD?
Old 03-12-2005, 06:57 PM

no VCD onto a CD-R