The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

the Mikronized build up : lex V8 and SAS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikronized
nah, JDM is out.... I've got good leads on lowmile complete engine/tranny combos.
As an FYI, just in case you are intersted, you can take the 2wd auto that comes with the V8 and bolt up an Atlas or Dana 300 with a minor tailshaft and tailhousing change... Just another option.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by rockota
As an FYI, just in case you are intersted, you can take the 2wd auto that comes with the V8 and bolt up an Atlas or Dana 300 with a minor tailshaft and tailhousing change... Just another option.
yeah, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:39 AM

Man, 2 days into the thread and no cutting or pics yet, this is going to take a while.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by 99_Runner
Man, 2 days into the thread and no cutting or pics yet, this is going to take a while.
hahaha.... get used to it... I don't have anything in-hand yet. so it'll be a while.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If keeping your stock 3.0 auto and t-case is a deciding factor in doing the engine swap, please do an axle swap.

I have an engine and tranny, 3.4 and 340F, designed to work together. The tranny has gears tuned to the engines power band and it works well.

The stock case and tranny are likely tired. Putting a real engine in front of them sounds like a bad plan.

I have not read much of what Mike is doing. Sorry if it is redundant.

I do have a friend who has a 4.7 in a Tundra with the stock auto and a crawler. It works killer. Engine and tranny are pals, as they ought to be.

The 3.4 auto swap is just ticking of all the things on 90-95 trucks that are subpar. If you want power, charge it and play with fuel and boost.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:35 PM

yo cheese,
Thanks for the heads-up.
That having been said, I think I’m still going to try this out… I’m not going for raw power, more the ease of the swap. but I’m sure there will be things that I haven’t thought of… yeah, I may blow up my stock tranny, but at least I gave it a shot. I’m not trying to cut corners, but it does sound pretty good on paper…
Old 09-10-2006, 11:03 PM

well, this friday I had the 4runner flatbedded up to Paso Robles to go under the knife... I'll post pics as this progress.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:31 PM

nice! i'll be back down in SLO come next week. i'll hit you up once i'm in town.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM

Still hurting on the "easy" part of this. Can't get my mind around it. I have an auto swapped truck, as I said. I have done other 3.4 stick swaps.

If you just want to do it to be different, that is cool too.

TSP has never shared any superficial tech on making that work. Again, if you can do part of it, why not the whole thing?

To me, she is disrobed on the bed after an hour of pushing buttons. Why not just seal the deal instead of calling in the stunt-wang to finish the job?

Good luck, this ought to be something to see. Lots of good parts coming together, just not sure I get them, or that I have to.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member

Whoa, can't believe I missed this until now-subscribed!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Flygtenstein
Still hurting on the "easy" part of this. Can't get my mind around it. I have an auto swapped truck, as I said. I have done other 3.4 stick swaps.

If you just want to do it to be different, that is cool too.

TSP has never shared any superficial tech on making that work. Again, if you can do part of it, why not the whole thing?

To me, she is disrobed on the bed after an hour of pushing buttons. Why not just seal the deal instead of calling in the stunt-wang to finish the job?

Good luck, this ought to be something to see. Lots of good parts coming together, just not sure I get them, or that I have to.
it may not really be easy at all..... but it will be cheaper if things go right.... I'm not trying to pinch pennies, but I really don't have the money for a new tranny AND 3.4 AND supercharger.... so we'll see... I may be coming back in 3 months with the whole thing in the crapper and then you can say "I told you so".. but if it works it will be something different and economic.. I see it as an experiment, so I guess only time will tell if it works.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:23 AM

Don't tell me I told you so, that sucks.

Make something neat.

It is clear you are doing what you want to do. Same reason I have a truck with leaves and links. It is how I built my truck. That is why there are no pics here because every other wise guy would tell me it was stupid.

I am not saying this is stupid, just not getting the justification as it has been shown.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Should be a sweet build. I will keep my eye on your progress.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:42 AM

*i'm in*
Old 09-12-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Flygtenstein
Don't tell me I told you so, that sucks.

Make something neat.

It is clear you are doing what you want to do. Same reason I have a truck with leaves and links. It is how I built my truck. That is why there are no pics here because every other wise guy would tell me it was stupid.

I am not saying this is stupid, just not getting the justification as it has been shown.
haha
I meant you could tell me that when it all goes to crap.

and I really did take what you said into account when planning... you've been around for a while and I respect your opinion.

soooooo.... we'll see.... my parts should all be here tomorrow. like I said, time will tell.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
*subscribing* Sounds like this is gonna be awesome if it all goes well.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:17 AM

"subscribed"

Hurry it up already!

Are you done yet?
Old 09-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

wow, neat. I'll be watching this. Been thinking about a 1uz myself for a while now.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Contributing Member

For those of you wondering... I did a lot of research for my soon to be Supra Swap. Cali swaps are possible by using an engine with all the emissions equipment. As long as you're using an engine from a light duty vehicle to another LT vehicle, or HD to HD (Same weight family). State referees have confirmed this. LT vehicles are considered anything from mini's to 1 tons. Plus, the state referees from what I hear are pretty cool about getting you where you need to be to get your CARB sticker.... so no worries!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:17 PM

well, my engine arrived today!!!! so things should start moving along.

Quick Reply: the Mikronized build up : lex V8 and SAS.