The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Mikeys bumper build-off

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks very very good great work mike now you just need some big ol' red D rings on that baby
Old 01-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Thanks Mike for the killer bumper. And for the help with the clutch. Great job. angelcow and I had a terrific time at your crib.
I was smiling big time
Old 01-16-2005, 05:18 PM

Nice job there mike ,now if you would just get a haircut you'd be a respectible citizen..lol hey if you don't mind i'd like to pimp your work out to some of the fullsize jeep guys on my jeep board.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ironroad9c1
Nice job there mike ,now if you would just get a haircut you'd be a respectible citizen..lol hey if you don't mind i'd like to pimp your work out to some of the fullsize jeep guys on my jeep board.
Ha ha! That is me in the first pic! Mike has short hair and is always behind the camera. Welcome to the forum
Old 01-17-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by seaflea
Ha ha! That is me in the first pic! Mike has short hair and is always behind the camera. Welcome to the forum
get a hair cut foo
Old 01-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Haircuts cost money, and that would take away from my 4runner fund, so no thanks! :saw:
I like being an outcast part of scociety :smokin:
Now back to the BUMPER build off thread! :guitar:
Old 01-17-2005, 05:04 PM

good point i think its smooove
Old 01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by seaflea
Never trust a fab guy with long hair cause he obviously doesn't do a whole lot of fabbing or he'd burned it off already. Hence, Mikey has short hair.

I'd love to grow some long hair, but I like being married and sleeping in my house.

Mucho nice bumperage amigo!

Old 01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Contributing Member

Mike, ever have any apirations of making a rear bumper for your 3rd gen brothers? I'm sure Austin or myself would be willing to take the plung and be your test subject. Do you think you would be able to do work something along the lines of Steve's bumper for 3rd gens? I like the way it almost looks stock.

Last edited by Stump1883; 01-17-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:09 PM

yea i've known mike for years ,he knows who this is....how about some for us full size jeepers bro!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 PM

I'm working on some ideas for 3rd gens using the some base design as the pickup and 1st gen bumpers with a few modifactions. As for heeps i mean jeeps, i can do that. Just need some body and frame specs so i can draw up some designs. Right now i have to finish up Wills bumper and make mine, than Austin is next in line. If u want Scott, i can email u some drawings when i get them finished for the 3rd gen, and put u on the list for a build.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:39 AM

i'll get to work on getting mine built up so i can drive it down there for you to mesure,unless i can get one of the guys that likes around there to drop by just wanted to get your ok before i unleashed the word on the ifsja board.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Do you think you would be able to do work something along the lines of Steve's bumper for 3rd gens? I like the way it almost looks stock.
Except his are too good, I have heard a couple guys getting body dammage with those bumpers. And before I piss someone off, i'm not trying to bash his bumpers, they are awesome pieces of art but, ive just seen multiple people getting body dammage with the bumpers. I'm going to subscribe to this thread, I keep forgetting to check it.

Scott, beat you to it I can't wait to get the first "Mike'sBadAssBumper" on a 3rd gen!

Mike,
It could be to soon, but I was thinking if you wanted, I could leave my truck with you over spring break if you want it to take measurements/make mock ups for ideas at least. It would be a week, so you could take your time with it. Oh, and you don't have to worry about the hitch, not going that wroute.

Ive been doing some option brainstorming and here are a couple ideas:
Rock Light mouting tabs
Aux Brake/signal lights (for when a 35" is mounted on the carrier)
OBA air hookup (mine is going to be in the rear)
Tire Carrier (centrally located, I'd rather be more stable off camber than sort-of having a rear view mirror, plus you can put the tire in the back or on the roof when on the hiway)--This is the whole reason why I want the bumper so I can start on my Rear Box mod.

Last edited by turboale; 01-24-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:14 AM

Just let me know what all u want incorperated into the bumper and I'll see where i can fit it in at. When is your spring break?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

Protection , rear shackel hangers, possibly rear light tabs

Austin, how is Steve's bumper causing damage, that just seems counter intuitive.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Its not causing dammage itself... just when they were off road, I guess it came up and into the body some.

My spring break is March 11-20th.

Things I definatly want:
Tire carrier (center)
Lockable Hi-Lift holder
Place to mount cb antenna
Aux lights (blink/brake/running and or back up lights) Depending on if we think the BBRs are necissary with the tire carrier
Shackle Hangers
Tow hitch is optional, it would be nice but not a priority.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

I like all of Austin's ideas, minus the tire carrier for myself. I'll just have a under carriage rack made like Steve's.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

I was going to do that, but I'm going to be making a box to go under there to hold an all my OBA stuff, an extra optima and all my lighting/aux electrical stuff. Everyoen has all their relays and stuff mounted in their engine bays but, my engine bay gets a lot dirtier than theirs apparently. I also figure it will add some support to the weak frame rails myth. There is a lot of extra space in there with the 2" body lift.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Mikeys87
I'm working on some ideas for 3rd gens using the some base design as the pickup and 1st gen bumpers with a few modifactions. As for heeps i mean jeeps, i can do that. Just need some body and frame specs so i can draw up some designs. Right now i have to finish up Wills bumper and make mine, than Austin is next in line. If u want Scott, i can email u some drawings when i get them finished for the 3rd gen, and put u on the list for a build.
if you have some drawings of 3rd gen rear bumper I would be interested. My options list would be the samw as Austin's minus the tire carrier and BBR light.2" receiver is a must. Raw steel would be fine. Thanks Eric
Old 01-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Well there you go Mike, you already have an order list 3 deep, nice way to start a side business with almost no advertisement. Cheers to YT

Quick Reply: Mikeys bumper build-off