Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Nitrous Enterprises

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can fourunnabilly still post here? It would be good to see this officially addressed by NE.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kickaha
Can fourunnabilly still post here? It would be good to see this officially addressed by NE.
Banned for multiple accounts. He won't be posting. I think from the flavor of the testimonies we've heard, you have a pretty good idea what they are about and what their position is.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:02 PM

Or check for a response here: Clicky

Old 01-21-2005, 02:07 PM

I rec'd a PM asking to include my experiences with NE, which I've been reluctant to do as I feel like I'm just pilling on at this point. But here goes....... Rocky did a great job of communicating with me / covering for AK, but the long and short of it is NE DID NOT deliver as promised. I'm rec'd two different sets of rear spacers and both exhibit the quality issues previously mentioned in this thread. Needless to say they will not be going on my T4R.

At least I'm only out $50. As Lance mentioned Buyer Beware.
Nothing against Rocky, she's the biggest victim of us all.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:03 PM

I read this entire thread, customer service was great thanks to Rocky but customer service does not mean crap if you have no quality product, like Mike already mentioned, he kept his cool because of customer service

Last thing I agree with Lance, I pretty much read everything he post and really can't say anything, but as a 4th gen tech head what he says I agree with, just look at the facts those sliders look horrible, stupid question but are those for show, noway would you actually slide with them.

Another thing that I don't like, these NE people stopped posting on yotatech and now their starting the same thing on t4r.org, I hope someone bans them and I also await threads posting about NE parts breaking down

Im done very good info, for those who shared, pat yourself on the back
Old 01-21-2005, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by r0cky
What means this ... "wage"?! j/k Yep, I built the website, did the write-ups, did the FAQ, did the emails (for the most part), etc. Even bought myself our lift kit and re-locs.

but I disagree about my being a positive thing for NE.
whuchu talkin' about willis...they didn't pay you?!?!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
whuchu talkin' about willis...they didn't pay you?!?!
he was buying 22's or 24's and then switching the tires on it every week, that money well wasted instead of paying help, hey rocky ever hear the saying it's better to be stabbed in the chest then in the back
Old 01-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Once a business slips and starts sucking...IMO...go elsewhere...as they are only as good as their last customer.

What the crap did they sell that had Nitrous in it anyway...except maybe sniffing it!

Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM

don't diss the sliders too much - the basic sliders are made by Stubbs (still), so i am sure they are of good quality. the mounts ... well, i just have to hope he changes what i mentioned to him when i first test fitted them on mine before he sells them. Richard Stubbs makes quality sliders, i know that much!
That's interesting since Stubbs said NE didn't know what they were doing, messed up the initial design and that Anthony was running a shady business. Further, he said he would have nothing to do with NE and that they were using a different fabricator.

Not true?
Old 01-21-2005, 05:35 PM

I was doing research on here and T4R and have had a hard time finding bad things said about NE until this thread. I heard they let a certain employee go from the company an right after that happens people start to complain, that seems funny to me. It seems as funny as the multiple names Anthony is described in this thread as having in this thread. I have had nothing but good contact from them. I do not have the product yet but look forward to having it soon. I will post here my results.
On the side note of internet forum etiquette..........if you want to believe in freedom of speech and bash NE here so bad you should have let them keep one log on, maybe one if their existing ones or a new one as NE Enterprises or something and let them defend themselves. To ban them, not state as the admin of this site why they were banned permit bashing of them in a thread is not providing the service everyone here claims they like the site for. Administrators of a site like this should NEVER involve themselves in these kinds of discussions/threads. Even if they are a “victim” of the bad behavior they should recuse themselves from the discussion because they are administrators of the site. The most they should do is "matter of factly" state why someone was banned from the site. In a case like this it would be understandable to list the names they used and how they were caught with multiple names. There should also be an ongoing policy of searching out and banning any members who use multiple names, which I do not believe is the here. InIn this case it would be very advisable to invite NE back with an assigned vendor user name to defend them selves, then let the user community decide for themselves. To not do so is very biased discredits this site, its administrators and its members.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:55 PM

r0cky,

I was quit sad and shocked to hear you had left. You had always been very nice in your correspondences to me. You were also very positive about the NE products. I have no beef with you personally or professionally. Like lots of others here, I believe in full disclosure. What I heard may be BS. What lots of people here are saying may be BS, or blown out of proportion too. Who knows, we all just have to read and decide on our own.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
On the side note of internet forum etiquette..........if you want to believe in freedom of speech and bash NE here so bad you should have let them keep one log on, maybe one if their existing ones or a new one as NE Enterprises or something and let them defend themselves. To ban them, not state as the admin of this site why they were banned permit bashing of them in a thread is not providing the service everyone here claims they like the site for. Administrators of a site like this should NEVER involve themselves in these kinds of discussions/threads. Even if they are a “victim” of the bad behavior they should recuse themselves from the discussion because they are administrators of the site. The most they should do is "matter of factly" state why someone was banned from the site. In a case like this it would be understandable to list the names they used and how they were caught with multiple names. There should also be an ongoing policy of searching out and banning any members who use multiple names, which I do not believe is the here. InIn this case it would be very advisable to invite NE back with an assigned vendor user name to defend them selves, then let the user community decide for themselves. To not do so is very biased discredits this site, its administrators and its members.
NE had every courtesy extended to them throughout their stay here. They're out in part due ot breaking the rules with multiple accounts (recreating after being banned), bad mouthing other vendors, and then we come to hear negative feedback from their customers (not a reason for their banning by the way). Based on what you've read, I'd have thought the smart thing to do would be wait until you receive your product before so vehemently defending NE. Lip service isn't customer service. When you get your products post up.

We encourage those with good feedback to post it, but I don't exactly see a line forming.

And a little note about what you are calling forum etiquette - frankly this sounds a lot more like your opinion than anything else. They wore out their welcome, plain and simple. You don't even know the half of it. Sufffice to say, they won't be allowed back in - this is not to say we won't see more reincarnations of the NE ownership with more duplicate accounts so stay tuned.

By the way, we do search out and ban multiple accounts - I'm surprised you didn't know that, being the expert on forums and all.

And no, I'm not a victim of any of NE's antics. I have an opinion and am voicing it just like you. Our freedom of expression on this privately owned forum has been afforded to you AND me because we FOLLOW THE RULES!
Old 01-21-2005, 07:55 PM

don't diss the sliders too much
don't diss them, they are bad I never looked at them but who bolts them like that, stock running boards are better

from reading this thread and several others I would not risk putting a 5000lb vehicle on quick fab homemade part just to undercut and underprice other companies, call me weird but I doubt if anything did happen NE has no insurance.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

ok time for me to throw in my 2 cents. This has gotten a little out of hand. I posted my experience because I wanted others to be informed. I didn't do it so Rocky could get the 9th degree. If people have comments about the service they received from NE then I think they should post it, good or bad. If you want to go on a baseless rant about a fellow member you are touching on breaking YT rules and I don't want this thread deleted.

If you do have a comment about NE, myself, or any other members, please back them up with facts, not opinnions.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:29 PM

heres my experience with NE...

the good: good customer service. rocky and andrew/billy (whoever?) were quick to respond either through the forums or phone calls. from her emails at the time, it seemed like rocky would have defended ne and their products to the death which showed me that they really stood behind their products and would have done whatever it took to satisfy the customer.

the bad: my experience is somewhat like mickdady's where i got frustrated when my kit did not arrive, only later to find out that it hadnt even been made after i was told it was on its way. to make a long story short, i kept getting the run around from tracy, who was merely relaying what anthony was telling her. i ended up picking up the spacers personally from anthony because i was getting tired of waiting. my shocks were mailed to me a week later. sure i could have waited for both things, but who the hell knew when i would have gotten them.

now that i look back on this, i should have just canceled my order but i wanted to give ne a chance. when i met up with anthony, i told him that i felt that even though their customer service was great, they needed to get their business management and logisitics in better working order. from what has transpired since then, it looks like he needed to learn some business ethics too.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

There now appears to be an answer -- kind of -- from AK over on t4r.org http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...?threadid=8012

Page 4, I believe.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

So now I have another complaint and some concerns.

First the complaint. The install kit was supposed to come with grade 5 bolts. I just checked and, like spblat, mine does not. I have to assume that none of the early kits and maybe none of the kits at all were shipped with the proper bolts.

Second the concerns. From the roughness of the sliders, I thought that they were hollowed out from a large piece of material. Nope. They're created by pouring a compound into a mold. I have two concerns about this. First is that NE obviously has zero experience with creating molds. There is absolutely no reason that they should have to dremel anything. The looks of the thing do not bother me, but the performance does. And since they have no experience with molds, I presume they have no experience with compounds. While simply mixing some ingredients together and pouring them into a mold may SEEM easy, you can just as easily mess that up. If you are off by just a little bit with your measurements, or if you don't mix it properly, or if you don't let it cure properly, the result can be unstable and you won't know about it until it fails. It may look perfect and it may not fail right away, but if it does just hope that it isn't while going down the freeway at 70 mph.

The mixture may be fine. The mixture may be perfect. The spacers may be better than any spacers ever built by any company for any truck. But, when you take NE's performance as a whole with sending sub-par bolts, uneven spacers (sometimes seriously uneven), no apparent knowledge of creating and working with molds, serious customer support issues, interference with another business for their own gain, and the other issues people have brought up, I would not suggest running NE products on your truck. As someone else stated, these are only the things we know about. What else is wrong that we don't know about?

Combine all of that with the non-answer AK has given in T4R and I just can't see this company continuing in its present form. AK has simply dismissed everything except the quality issues and does not appear to have learned anything.

I get no joy in making these posts. I was one of NE's first and loudest supporters. I ordered from them wanting to support a young company that appeared to be truely interested in creating innovative products for the 4th-gen 4runner. But the lack of quality and the lack of ethics in that company is just too great to ignore. And I'm now stuck with a lift kit that I don't dare put on my truck.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kickaha
There now appears to be an answer -- kind of -- from AK over on t4r.org http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...?threadid=8012

Page 4, I believe.
Bottom of Page 4, here's a direct link.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by midiwall
Bottom of Page 4, here's a direct link.
What a non-answer if I've ever read one. I believe most people by now have figured out that not only NE has product manufacturing and quality issues, but the owner has some personal and business ethics issues to deal with himself. The product issues are easily corrected; the ethics issues and the impact its had on the NE business can only be solved by the owner himself. As a business owner myself, I know that the kiss of death of any business is when the customer recognizes that the person behind the business is not trustworthy in any sense.

One of the things that personally bothers me in this response is when "a liar calls someone else a liar." Anthony: to implicate and condemn the moderators of YT of fabricating the truth in order to gloss over your own misdeeds is only asking for more trouble. I am sure you know that there is more that we could publically put up and I believe you are also well aware of a certain ex-employee of yours who can post further evidence of the fraud you and your partner committed upon the members here as well as current and potential customers. Hasn't it gone far enough?

Lastly, I'm sure the T4R.org's mods/admins will probably agree with this statement: we do not need you to apologize for us for anything we've done to expose fact from Anthony/Billy fiction. I think its you that needs to apologize for your actions and do some serious self-reflecting on what your next steps should be in your personal and business life.

Bob
Old 01-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

Interesting ... only way to subscribe to this thread is by posting.

I think r0cky was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyone that's been following this and the other 4Runner forum knows that she's incredibly willing to chip in and help anyone and everyone. If someone asks a question she does leg work just to try and help out. I'd tend to say that folks are barking up the wrong tree with her. She (sounds) too innocent of a person to consider participating in any of the antics being described. Can I back up anything I say? No. I only have my good judgment and gobs of email to go on.

Is NE dishonest? Personally, I've not been scammed. I did have had a transaction that took forever to complete, but no money exchanged hands and I still have the parts they sent. In fact, I'm still contemplated making another deal with NE as he was a startup with lots of ambition and since many have bought his products and few are claiming defects, I have a hard time understanding anything but business ethics is amiss.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Enterprises