Notices
Customer Feedback For Vendors Use this forum for feedback good or bad on vendor's & dealer's you have dealt with

Alf

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...I'm surprised by this, and sad for you.

I bought my antenna mount kit and some sundries from them like 4 weeks ago. Got the stuff within days.

I'd be concerned given the amount of effort you went to to get in contact. I hope it turns out ok for you and they are still in business.

Mark
Old 04-08-2005, 05:10 PM

I sent ALF an email late this morning to cancel my order and notifying them that I have no intention of paying the five percent cancellation charge. I explained why the order was cancelled (disappointment with their performance) and that the card company was being informed. I called AMEX and it is being taken care of. The really nice customer service rep said that if the order did show up to refuse delivery. Makes sense.

Moved on over to Walcott CB's site and started loading up the cart. I couldn't find one thing I was looking for so I called the 800 number--picked up on the second ring. I hit the order confirmation at 1345 (CDT), got the comeback confirmation at 1410, a processing notification at 1446, and the UPS tracking numbers at 1817 (saying that the numbers had been assigned at 1648). That's pretty quick.

Now we see what happens next.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
AMEX don't play games w/ reversing charges...

I got my stuff from ALF...and just like w/ Jeff at Badland Bumpers, it doesn't take but ONE...uno...BAD POOR transaction to ruin a reputation...

There is NO excuse for a business to neglect the business...NONE.

I hope you get your $$$ back and your junk from the other place.

Old 04-08-2005, 06:22 PM

Junk?!?!? Sir, I'll have you know that I purchase only the finest merchanise from the finest purveyors. Why, just the other day I was shopping for fine jewelry as a gift for my daughter's birthday. Nothing struck my fancy at Kmart or Wal-Mart. I finally found just the right gift at Target. It cost me the princely sum of $14.00. I am not a piker--no matter what everyone says. Only the finest goods for me and damn the cost! (As long as it's no more than 20 bucks and I can use coupons.)
Old 04-26-2005, 03:40 PM

Ok I ordered an antenna and what not 16 days ago and haven't recieved it yet. Terrible business practices. If they were going to be down for awhile thier website should say so. And they should have someone to answer the phone. And they should answer the e-mail i sent them. Terrible terrible terrible. I wish I had seen this post before i ordered. People on here suggested it so I checked out the site and the prices were decent. Anywas i want my damn antenna. I don't give a damn who you are. You should put it on your site if it's not going to be delivered right away. Thier number has been dissconnected and it took me like 30 minutes of searchinG the site to find it. They will NEVER get another order from this guy.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:53 PM

Phonebook results for ALVIN FOSTER CONWAY WA
Alvin Foster, (360) 445-4217, , Conway, WA 98238
Old 04-28-2005, 01:57 PM

Update

After 18 days from the order date, 3-4 emails, a phone call or to the the disconnected #, and 4-5 calls to alvins house threatening my lawyer takes action, I get an e-mail saying my order has been sent UPS 2nd day air. Wow. What a guy. Never again. Never again
Old 04-28-2005, 04:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So sad... it was a great outfit.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:34 PM

So, back on 4/8/05 I sent the e-mail to ALF cancelling the order. What shows up on 4/17 but the Firestik. It was marked 2 of 2 and sent from the Conway box to my billing address rather than the shipping address. Thank you Mr. Postman, but please send back as refused to accept. On 4/25 another box shows up at the wrong address from somebody called "CB Suppliers" (or something like that) out of New York. I'm guessing that this is 1 of 2 from ALF, so back it goes. The only indication from ALF of anything happening was a status update on 4/15 saying that the stuff was shipped Priority Mail.

It sounds like they are winding down or shutting down the business. I think that it could have been done much more gracefully. I don't know what their situation is--maybe one of them got sick or something and the other was trying to wrap things up. I just won't be shopping there anymore.

The stuff came in from Walcott CB on the sixth day after I placed the order. It cost about $20 more for the same gear but it got here as promised with a UPS tracking number right out of the chute. No complaints.