Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tacoma ..Need some advice and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tacoma ..Need some advice and opinions

Hey All..

First time here..first post..

Im a proud owner of a brand new 08' Tacoma 4dr TRD Sport SR5 4x4..

I have been looking into some mild bolt on performance parts for the engine as well as looking into some suspension work to gain a small lift..here is what I am thinking of doing..constructive criticism is very welcome as I would like to get all aspects of what is out there..

I would like to get a set of King Shocks in the front..hoping to give it just a small lift in front to perhaps level the truck or give it a mild pre runner look..I would also like to keep the stock wheels and just add bigger meatier tires..

What are the pros and cons of this?? I was told that the King shock set up in front was really good..a friend of a friend had done it and said that the truck performed very well and it acheived the lift(if the shocks are adjusted the right way..)..

I am tryin to keep it somewhat cost effective..but sometimes that isnt possible as we all know..hahaha..I am not a totally wild off roader..but i do take trips to the desert to hike/shoot..and hit some trails..so the extra clearance and lift is what I am looking to accomplish along with some better shock upgrades..

Again..I wanna get some feedback and see what I can do..and what is available..

Thanks in advance..
Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xxDeemonxx

What are the pros and cons of this??
Your questions(s)/concerns have been discussed thousands of times, I'll be the first to say *search* the forums. Theres also a noobie section up top.
Search and read. From what i've gathered, many are happy with King's.

See this thread.. https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/t...ptions-122513/

Do it right the first time.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dido.. Its sick you have a new yota but please search youll find alot of info... If you have in depth?'s ask me me and Ill help you or point you in the right direction. good luck cause whatever you do will sick with a new yota