Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clunking noise, Tcase sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clunking noise, Tcase sensor problem

Strange clunking noise seems to be occuring on and off when i first start moving, i think it might be the angle on my driveshafts from the 3" of lift, or some play where the u joints are making them bang when they hook up for the first time... though the noise is now coming about when i hit bumps sometime. Ill look at it myself today but suggestions are always welcome.. i might try lowering the place where the two driveshafts meet under the cab with some extra washers, see if the reduced angle helps.

Also my 4x4 sensor went out right after an accident, and as such it was replaced by a shop and payed for through the other guys insurance. only the shop did a ☺☺☺☺ty job and now my 4wd wont engage unless i rock it back and forth, and it grinds like hell if i go in while moving at any speed. orriginaly it was turning on and off whenever it wanted to but its stopped doing that now. I was going to take it back to the shop and made an appointment to do so but had a family emergency so it hasnt gone in and it might have been too long to bring it in now

As for the last problem i have, my bed seems to be vibrating an unusual ammount offroad, i tightenedt the body mounts and all the assorted bolts, but its still doing it, i was wondering if there is something else that holds the bedsides on that could be loose? maybe something covered up by the sprayed in bedliner. Im going to order a frame reinforcement kit just incase that might be related to the problem, though my taco is an 04 so the frame weakspot isnt suppost to be an issue anymore...