Looking For A Mechanic/Fabricator/Shop Put your location in your thread title when making an inquiry

I need a tech/expert in Salt Lake City, UT

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a tech/expert in Salt Lake City, UT

Anyone here in the Salt Lake area? If so, are you willing to work over my '94 4Runner? I have a major lack of power with the motor. I have previous experience working on vehicles but I simply don't have time to work on it and I can't stomach Dealer prices. I'm a paying customer of course.

I suspect fuel delivery/pressure or possibly timing. Is the timing mechanical or digital on these? I just bought it and the previous owner said he replaced the timing belt himself recently. Oil remains clean and consumption seems very low as far as I can tell, so I don't think blow by is an issue. Also, the spark plugs look great.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is mechanical, and if u have a timing gun just check it real quick, its easy to do and only takes 10 mins, to see if that.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:56 AM

Justin

Thank you for the reply. I'd have to buy a timing gun. I also wanted to add that I am getting 12-13mpg in the city. Shouldn't it be a bit better than that? It has the V6.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fifth
Anyone here in the Salt Lake area? If so, are you willing to work over my '94 4Runner? I have a major lack of power with the motor. I have previous experience working on vehicles but I simply don't have time to work on it and I can't stomach Dealer prices. I'm a paying customer of course.

I suspect fuel delivery/pressure or possibly timing. Is the timing mechanical or digital on these? I just bought it and the previous owner said he replaced the timing belt himself recently. Oil remains clean and consumption seems very low as far as I can tell, so I don't think blow by is an issue. Also, the spark plugs look great.

Thanks in advance.
I'm also in the Salt Lake area. Divinity Auto in Salt Lake only works on Toyotas & Lexus. Ralph the owner seems to be a good guy.

I am looking for a shop to lift my 4Runner, bumper and lights. Any suggestions?