Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

xpel (3M) protective tape---opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know there are only 3 users on this board....? Wow.

So I guess you have been on the is300.net site.

I know The kits really vary in price and now that they are gaining in popularity, the prices are coming down a bit.

I got everything wrapped from my friend company.

Half hood, Full frontal bumper. Rocker panels, all along the lower doors front and rear. Rear bumper, mirrors, behind door handles, and all around front windshield A pillars, top of windshield. This stuff is all over the place.

So where you located?
Old 09-05-2002, 06:23 AM

Originally posted by ckonarske

It was a little easier to apply than I expected. I've been putting off trying it for two years 'cuz I thought it would be harder to do. Unless the bubbles on my bumper disappear, I'll be redoing the bumper, though.

Go on and try it! You're only risking 15 bucks and a couple of hours. You can't hurt anything.

See my page for more pics of the uncured job. I'll take some more pics in a few days when it finishes drying out.

Chuck, can you update your photos for us? Where did you apply on your rig? bumper, side mirrors, fender....? I want to do it too.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:25 AM

Originally posted by 2002 SportEdition

Chuck, can you update your photos for us? Where did you apply on your rig? bumper, side mirrors, fender....? I want to do it too.
Will do.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:16 AM

Okay, it's been a week and a half, so I've updated the pics of the film job. Here's one:

The others can be found on the site in my sig.

The film cured just about perfectly. There are no flaws bad enough to make it worth replacing any of it. I AM thinking about replacing the piece on the bumper because I don't like the way I trimmed it, though.

A number of people have seen it now, but no one was aware of it until I pointed it out, no matter what the viewing distance. I'm convinced that the film is the best option out there for protecting the front end unless you just happen to prefer the looks of vinyl bras or hood deflectors.

Last edited by ckonarske; 09-05-2002 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by RC51
Do you know there are only 3 users on this board....? Wow.

So I guess you have been on the is300.net site.

I know The kits really vary in price and now that they are gaining in popularity, the prices are coming down a bit.

I got everything wrapped from my friend company.

Half hood, Full frontal bumper. Rocker panels, all along the lower doors front and rear. Rear bumper, mirrors, behind door handles, and all around front windshield A pillars, top of windshield. This stuff is all over the place.

So where you located?
I'm located in Denver. And yes, I'm a member at is300.net
Old 09-05-2002, 09:18 PM

Thumbs up hell yes!

I got that 3M stuff all over my truck... front bumper, hood, wheel wells, door handles, under rear bumper, running boards, door jambs, door edges... I bought it under the trade name "stonguard" which was originally made for helicopters. The stuff was pricey, but I put it on when my truck was brand new and the paint still looks awesome! I decided to get it after seeing a new 4Runner on the lot after it had been up to mount hood s few times...