Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Tundra Coils ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm planning on doing this lift. i can't wait, i'm just sitting here saving up some dough and doing my research here. so far so good! all my shocks are blown, so might as well add a little lift with the tundra coils if i'm going to have it all apart anyway and purchase new shocks! i plan on leaving the rear end stock. at 2 inches of lift, would the front sit slightly higher than the rear or just level it out?

thanks and yay!!!

-alan
Old 02-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Im think of pulling mine off, a year and a half with it, pretty happy but I never upgraded the rear shocks(wasnt sure what I needed) so doesnt ride near as well as she should.

BUT the main reason I am thinking of going back to stock is no one can align her, 10k miles tires shot, even went to a so called 4x4 shop locally lol what a joke. They said they couldnt align it due to my ecentrics were frozen(what ever they are) went and looked at all areas were adjustment could be made and saw they actually never attempted anything. Bolts were scuff free. In the end found out they had only had alignment rack for less than 2 weeks, friggin land rover snabs, I asked them to show me were they had attempted the work and got a total run around.

Then to top it off they said they could fix the mystery part( the one they couldnt identify) with dealer parts and @least 8 hours labor. They speacialize in rovers and actually had the nerve to say I wouldnt have a problem if I had a rover

So my rig is pulling hard to the right, and I am very close to going stock picking up another fj...not a 40 this time but a fj60.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:57 PM

Do you have the Tundra coils on the front, or some other lift?

edit: nevermind, just saw it in your sig.

Last edited by TACOMANATOR; 02-11-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:07 AM

I'm currently running a Daystar 2.5" lift using billy HD's. I just bought 95 LC front coils to go in the rear. I was wondering if I get get Tundra coils can I still use my Billy HD's????
Old 02-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chainlink
Im think of pulling mine off, a year and a half with it, pretty happy but I never upgraded the rear shocks(wasnt sure what I needed) so doesnt ride near as well as she should.

BUT the main reason I am thinking of going back to stock is no one can align her, 10k miles tires shot, even went to a so called 4x4 shop locally lol what a joke. They said they couldnt align it due to my ecentrics were frozen(what ever they are) went and looked at all areas were adjustment could be made and saw they actually never attempted anything. Bolts were scuff free. In the end found out they had only had alignment rack for less than 2 weeks, friggin land rover snabs, I asked them to show me were they had attempted the work and got a total run around.

Then to top it off they said they could fix the mystery part( the one they couldnt identify) with dealer parts and @least 8 hours labor. They speacialize in rovers and actually had the nerve to say I wouldnt have a problem if I had a rover

So my rig is pulling hard to the right, and I am very close to going stock picking up another fj...not a 40 this time but a fj60.
Sounds like you just had a crappy shop doing the work......maybe head to another dealer and see if you might have better luck with someone that actually works on Toyotas.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:04 PM

can 2.5 inch spacers be put on the rear as a cheaper option with tundra coils in the front, or is that big of a spacer bad
Old 02-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
Sounds like you just had a crappy shop doing the work......maybe head to another dealer and see if you might have better luck with someone that actually works on Toyotas.
Most shops around here dont, wont and dont know how to align a lifted vehicle, the one I referred to is a so called 4x4 center lol. Most shops I have talked with and its alot refuse. I love and hate this area, out west if you needed a ford pinto shop there prob was one out here you try and order a muffler bearing they will try and look it up, as a joke once I asked for a 2/4 socket, the dude looked, he asked his boss and well he was less than impressed, and rightfully so. I am by no means an expert in anything but come on.