95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

TRD Hawaiian Edition Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Technically the e-locker is a TRD part.
Well, there you go then! I was thinking I would have to go buy the TRD Rad. Cap just so I can get those stickers!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psraff
Great Stickers!!!! Too bad I don't5 have anything TRD on my Truck! LOL
I had a TRD badge on the back of my 4Runner for like 3 months before I got my TRD exhaust so don't feel bad.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a great decal.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Contributing Member

That is a wild sticker mano I was half expecting something with an Hawaiian flower print theme but the silhouette theme is great...
Mucho Mahalo for sharing...

kiyo the sticker should fit in the same location [more or less] on your 1gen with no problems but would probably appear a bit oversize because of the slimmer body profile and removable top seam line. I would suggest considering reducing the size a little bit so it "scales" better but discuss it with chris first.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:08 PM

Location: From Honolulu, Hawaii, currently in Beaverton, Oregon.
Originally Posted by aviator
That is a wild sticker mano I was half expecting something with an Hawaiian flower print theme but the silhouette theme is great...
Mucho Mahalo for sharing...

kiyo the sticker should fit in the same location [more or less] on your 1gen with no problems but would probably appear a bit oversize because of the slimmer body profile and removable top seam line. I would suggest considering reducing the size a little bit so it "scales" better but discuss it with chris first.
I will talk to Chris about possibly making a run for all the different gens. That way, they'd be proportional to whichever body style you have...
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 AM

www.designwerks.us

Hey Guys,

I talked to Chris this morning.

He wants me to direct you to his website, www.designwerks.us for any other custom sticker questions, his email is on there, just click on the CONTACT US link. He said he would be happy to make a Guam Edition, Arizona Edition, whatever you guys like, just gotta give him the basic ideas you were thinking and he'll create something with/for you.

As for the stickers already on my truck, he said he can resize them to fit different gens and/or trucks, that's not a problem.

He quoted me at $25 a pair, shipping included, for any basic 2 colors, you just gotta tell him what colors you want. I think you should probably also tell him what vehicle it's going on so that he can adjust the size accordingly.

To get reflective vinyl like mine, is about $50 a pair because the reflective vinyl is significantly more expensive and it takes longer to cut and weed the reflective vinyl, as opposed to the regular stuff. It's a royal PITA and the vinyl doesn't cooperate.

So there ya go, if you know anyone else that wants a "Hawaiian Edition" sticker, check out Chris's website, www.designwerks.us and email him w/ the information.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:12 AM

Great idea, dude! A custom spin to the factory (for some.....lucky bas***ds!) decal
Old 04-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the legwork and link Nate... I predict a bunch of Hawaiian editions will soon be seen... but it begs a question... What other goodies should be part of the Hawaiian edition package? ... Surfboard rack? Wet Oakle seat covers [Hawaiian print of course]? off road lights naturally... body armour for crawling on the lava fields?... These are things that should be discussed...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the legwork and link Nate... I predict a bunch of Hawaiian editions will soon be seen... but it begs a question... What other goodies should be part of the Hawaiian edition package? ... Surfboard rack? Wet Oakle seat covers [Hawaiian print of course]? off road lights naturally... body armour for crawling on the lava fields?... These are things that should be discussed...
A true "Hawaiian Edition" would come with cloth seats w/ wet okole seat covers (or fake ones from the swap meet), a/c, automatic, 2wd, have low miles, and last but not least, Rust.

There is also a lift kit option on the Hawaiian Edition that comes with big tires, only available on the outer islands since Oahu has "Recon" and strict safety check regulations! Those $400 tickets are getting out of hand from what I hear!

Anyone from Hawaii knows what I'm talking about and understands that although I'm only joking, a lot of it's true!

Last edited by Da808racer; 04-13-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:41 PM

awesome idea...trd georgia edition maybe, only when i get trd parts, of course...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

The georgia edition requires a second hidden tank for the 'shine...
Old 04-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Da808racer
A true "Hawaiian Edition" would come with cloth seats w/ wet okole seat covers (or fake ones from the swap meet), a/c, automatic, 2wd, have low miles, and last but not least, Rust.

There is also a lift kit option on the Hawaiian Edition that comes with big tires, only available on the outer islands since Oahu has "Recon" and strict safety check regulations! Those $400 tickets are getting out of hand from what I hear!

Anyone from Hawaii knows what I'm talking about and understands that although I'm only joking, a lot of it's true!
So what the heck is "recon"?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:43 PM

The georgia edition requires a second hidden tank for the 'shine...
ha very true!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 PM

On Oahu, it is mandatory that any time you modify a car, you are supposed to get it inspected at the "Recon" station. If you pass, they give you a reconstruction permit, along with a special sticker to put on your bumper.

The original purpose for the recon permit was to make sure people knew what they were doing when they modified their cars and the cars were safe. They also inspected VIN's and motors to prevent thieves from operating chop shops.

What it's turned into is a money making program for the City and State. You have to pay for the recon permit, which is okay, but if you don't get one and the cops pull you over, the ticket is really expensive. And the cops are really strict about it, too.

They inspect everything from bumper height, suspension travel, head light height/aim, etc. You can't have tires that extend past the body, so if you want to run off road tires, it's mandatory to have fender flares that extend to the edge of the tire.

Recon is also required for modified vehicles to pass "Safety Check" which is an annual inspection that has to be performed by a licensed professional. In order to pass "Safety Check" your car has to basically just be in working order, from the lights, wipers, horn, etc. They also make sure your headlights are aimed correctly, you don't have cracks in your windshield, and that your windows are not darker than the legal limit.

So to sum up my extremely long post, sorry, I'm still new to this, Recon is short for "Reconstruction Permit" and you are supposed to get one anytime you modify your vehicle.

Last edited by Da808racer; 04-13-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 PM

thanks for sharing. another BI guy here...stuck in Washington for now, but graduating in a month! could try check over at CT to see if some guys would be interested. a lot of the tacoma drivers are on there
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Lol...even changing out your stock radio for an alpine is considered reconstruction or a recontructed vehicle in hawaii, its really stupid!

i gotta say though, majority of these lifted rigs here are real workhorses. i see um' on ranches, construction sites, hauling stuff, camping & fishing, off road, ect...

its true what Da808racer said about tickets. here on the big island, they've been really cracking down. i talking about those trucks running wide wheels. really really wide.. like 16 to 19 inches wide running on the streets & highways, with no flares too. which any law enforcement officer would gladly write up a ticket for, no problem!...

oh' hey, thanks Da808racer for the sticker info.!

Aloha
Mike
Old 04-13-2009, 11:36 PM

wow i learn something every day. i never looked into recon since we dont have on big island, but damn that sucks. the wide tires thing is ridiculous...i think it looks stupid, and the truck is worthless offroad like that haha. to each their own though
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 AM

I was thinking I would like a Texas Edition but Dodge Chevy and Ford already have those.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:55 AM

my hawaiian edition consists of wet okoles, retrofit to see at night, 5% tint to keep the sun out, and yakima powderhounds to hold my ulua poles. haha. when i'm not going fishing though, i got my "groundpounder" setup with some speakers out back haha
Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the info Nate... wild so even a new stereo is considered a recon item?
I guess it makes a kind of sense... I've heard of butchers causing shorts and dash fires from bad installs... but it seems like a major cash grab to me more than anything else...

Quick Reply: TRD Hawaiian Edition Sticker