Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Took the door off my 3rd gen.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
come on, some one step up and make half doors for the 3rd gen. i want a set, not that i could afford them right now but, would be nice to have that option.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Jimmeh
I think when you unplug the wires that go to the door, it will also unplug the dome light on the newer vehicles. However, I am not positive with the Toyotas, that is just experience from other ones.

maybe, all I know though is that the switch for the dome/alarm is in the door jam, not connnected to the door at all, of course Toyota could have made some crazy relay/computer setup that senses if the wires become unplugged for the door, but I doubt it.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:05 PM

niice.
there are no joke 3 of the 4 door tahoes the older pre 99 body style that have the procomp IFS lift with the drop brackets and some off brand 33" mussers driving around my area here with no doors. like all 4 doors off. all 3 have leather interior too. it looks soooo stupid imo. you might be able to pull off tube doors with body colored canvas on them, ala hummer h1 style, but i suggest not going around like that all the time.

2nd thing, i dont want mud flying in my car, enough comes in when i dont have hte window up i cant imagine how much would be in there with no door.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ric
come on, some one step up and make half doors for the 3rd gen. i want a set, not that i could afford them right now but, would be nice to have that option.
Eventually I will make a set of 4 half doors. They are impossible to find in slavage yards though, and I will not spend all that money for 4 brand new doors just to cut into them. I still havent learned to weld yet, either, so it might be a while. My ultimate goal is to find a totaled 3rd gen with an e-locker, and buy the whole rig, so I can swap in the e-locker, take the doors, and I need a new headliner as well.

As for the domne light. I don't have one anymore, so I couldnt tell ya whether it stays on or not. The little door ajar light stays on, on the dash, and the green ring around the ignition stays on too. I just start it, and let it run for 15 min if I'm not going to drive it for the day. I'll be putting the door back on tomorrow so I can drive safely to NY.

From the past 5 days, Ive gotten a lot of mixed reactions. Some people look at the truck like it was just in a horrific accident, and I've had a couple of thumbs up too. Mostly from other Toyota owners. But mostly like half and half. When I have some time, I will make 4 half doors, but until then, I'll probably pull the door off every now and then, definately nice to cruise around without it, and I personally like the look.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i ran door-less for wheelin this last weekend. (sorry no pics yet) but let me tell you there is dust EVERY WHERE!!! it was fun, but it will take me hours to detail it.

heres my buddys 2nd gen also doorless

Old 07-06-2006, 02:29 PM

wow, that is nasty looking! I really like the doorless lok, now all I need is some 35s and an SAS and I'll be all set, hahaha, not anytime soon, nice rigs!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Sponsor

thats mine... it looks real small for some reason in that pic.. i'm not really even that flexed out but the rear end looks real low.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Its :bigcool: to take your doors off.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 PM

quick question for anyone and everyone...has anyone put tube doors on their 2nd gen runner? because i cant find anything...just doorless...
Old 07-30-2006, 06:21 PM

Ahstetically speaking: I only like the 1st and 2ng runner's without doors. Anything newer just looks silly.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Houston (home), Atlanta (school), Cincinnati (work)
it looks kinda silly on a 3rd gen. i'd do it on my 4th gen taco because its fun to drive that way but it would look a little silly. not to mention theres too much crap in my truck to steal and with out sporadic rain schedule, i'd be SOL when the clouds came
Old 07-30-2006, 07:03 PM

ya i agree...im thinking about tube doors for my 94' runner....but i was thinking and trying to picture it with all 4 door as tube doors...i thought it might look kind of cool...wat do you think?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Sponsor

my buddy (see white 2nd gen above) siad he took off all 4 once and it looked bad, it looked like a skeleton..
Old 07-30-2006, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tofer
my buddy (see white 2nd gen above) siad he took off all 4 once and it looked bad, it looked like a skeleton..
ya thats what im afraid of...but i think it also look semi silly with just the front doors off
Old 07-31-2006, 09:30 AM

To each their own.

Personally, I'd rather wheel with the AC on.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Personally, I'd rather wheel with the AC on
thats why I want "half doors" built some what like the jeeps, with the fabric, and plastic window, so on the way to the trail, Ill have the windows up/zipped, and incase in starts raining. But yet, on the trail, the windows will be off, and I can lean over and really see under the rig, thats next years mod. lol I do love the AC and the Heat, (yes i wheel all year, lol)
Old 07-31-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ric
thats why I want "half doors" built some what like the jeeps, with the fabric, and plastic window, so on the way to the trail, Ill have the windows up/zipped, and incase in starts raining. But yet, on the trail, the windows will be off, and I can lean over and really see under the rig, thats next years mod. lol I do love the AC and the Heat, (yes i wheel all year, lol)
so if you got half doors done...would you do all 4 or just the front 2? and i love the idea about the cloth...thats probly going to cost you an arm, a leg AND a pretty penny
Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

I would do just the front doors, no real need (for me) to do the rear doors, Ive got a boat repair co. that could do the fabric part of the doors, after i get a few more things done first, then i will look into this real seriously, but it will get done, not as fast as I would like, lol
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ric
I would do just the front doors, no real need (for me) to do the rear doors, Ive got a boat repair co. that could do the fabric part of the doors, after i get a few more things done first, then i will look into this real seriously, but it will get done, not as fast as I would like, lol
o wow thats a nice hook up...im jelous....if you dont mind when i do mine (hopefully soon) il probobly use that idea....and im thinking about doin all 4 just to make it fun for passengers if i have them...lol
Old 07-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

if you dont mind when i do mine (hopefully soon) il probobly use that idea
heck no, go ahead, thats what yotatech is for. JUST as long as you post up pics, when it done, lol

Quick Reply: Took the door off my 3rd gen.