See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Tire tread problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before I knew my alignment was so off I was kind of confused on what it could be. I took it up to Sam's every 5k miles and had them do a rotate and balance so I knew that wasn't it and I knew my shocks were brand new so that couldn't have been it.

I'm just glad that it was something as simple as getting my alignment fixed...somewhere in my thought process I'm still worried that because of the 90 miles I put on the rig my tires are forever going to have issues...lol, I'm paranoid what can I say?

Fink
Old 05-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
All it takes is looking at your tires every so often and rotating them at every 3K oil change. If they are cupping, (I know my dealer would tell me) the person rotating them should notice if there is a problem.

You are being paranoid.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Definitely agreed Brian. Would it make more sense to get them rotated every 3k? I'm willing to do it as often as needed since I will be getting them rotated/balanced at the same place that does my oil change so it'd be quick.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Fink
Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Oil change = rotate tires.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:41 PM

As far as Sears, find a better place to get your tires worked on. I used to work Full-time at the one here in Charlotte (now part-time) and I wouldn't even get an alignment there. One good thing about Sears is if we work on your car, (whatever it may be) and you come back bitching about anything (and i mean ANYthing) Sears will buy you a new one. Example, One time we did an oil change on a camry i think, 5 months later the tranny blew. Sears bought them a new one.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tzonni
As far as Sears, find a better place to get your tires worked on. I used to work Full-time at the one here in Charlotte (now part-time) and I wouldn't even get an alignment there. One good thing about Sears is if we work on your car, (whatever it may be) and you come back bitching about anything (and i mean ANYthing) Sears will buy you a new one. Example, One time we did an oil change on a camry i think, 5 months later the tranny blew. Sears bought them a new one.
Are you serious? That is amazing! Probably not OEM though?

Fink
Old 05-15-2007, 05:25 PM

If you want OEM you get OEM, keep in mind your on the other side of the country from me and I think the people are a little smarter then the IDIOTS who regionally manage Sears here. We have a guy who just transfered here from San Bernardino, CA (sp??), and he said our store is WAYYY different then his old store. Our current store manager came from out west too and he said the same thing as well, but its definitely worth a shot.

If you want an example, We did an Oil change on a Hyundai Elantra last year. 4000 miles later and 4 months later, the engine blew. My manager goes out to the dealership the car was towed too and they told him that we had put the oil filter on too tight, and that is what caused the engine to blow. And Sears bought them a BRAND NEW engine, not a Used/Rebuilt. It turned out being an Ex-Employees Moms car. He just played his cards right.