YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Suspension life

I know that this is going to be a broad question with a broad answer, but what is the average suspension life expected with typical city driving? Like I said I am not expecting anything exact but typical range.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
fnrunner314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:03 AM   #2

well i have 82k on the factory non trd and they are fine. they dont make a rattling type noise on loose gravel or anything.. granted i drive more highway than city and i rarely off road.. just enough to get where i am fishing or hunting
mkgarrison5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Threadstarter [OP]

I have 92K on mine and my rear hits the bumpstops when I go over speed bumps. I am wondering if its about that time to change.
fnrunner314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnrunner314 View Post
I have 92K on mine and my rear hits the bumpstops when I go over speed bumps. I am wondering if its about that time to change.
sounds like it.. but like i said before i rarely off road and when i do its not anything to write home about.. just some deep mud puddles, small ruts and etc...
Old 03-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #5

Suspension Life? Shocks and Springs will vary.

With 82k on those shocks, i will bet you would be amazed at what a new set will feel like. Don't care how it was driven.

New shocks will also make older springs feel newer, but will defintely show some wear under load, like with a trailer on back. I generally don't let shocks or struts get past 75k. Springs are more tolerable.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpcollen1 View Post
Suspension Life? Shocks and Springs will vary.

With 82k on those shocks, i will bet you would be amazed at what a new set will feel like. Don't care how it was driven.

New shocks will also make older springs feel newer, but will defintely show some wear under load, like with a trailer on back. I generally don't let shocks or struts get past 75k. Springs are more tolerable.

possibly right.. i tow a bass boat and really it doesnt feel like i need new struts or whatever.... btw. what would be a good pair to buy for the $?? everything is stock on the truck... i am assuming in the back its just leaf springs. this is a tacoma btw.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
life, suspension, typical