YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2003, 07:13 PM   #1
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to nolongeraneqaddict
Stereo turns itself off!

Yeah, so heres my latest problem 8) my stereo likes to shut off, well not actually turn off but the speakers all cut out, me and my friend did the install and wiring ourselves, and its all speakers at once, so do you guys think its just a loose wire on the back of the deck? it is an old deck, heh tape deck so it could just be dieing, but it only cuts out when i turn left and hit a bump, then i just hit it or put my fingers in the tape hole and push down to get it to work again. Any suggestions? and how do i take it off, my friend helped me last time, he just took two butterknives and had it all out in about 10 seconds, i dont know how he did it. Thanks in advance.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

"When you've seen what I've seen things don't seem so bad, quit worrying 'bout what you aint got, thank God for what you have, Cause you could be raising your family in this place, but you were born in America, By God's Amazing Grace."
nolongeraneqaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:02 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Bumpin' Yota
Re: Stereo turns itself off!

Quote:
Originally posted by nolongeraneqaddict
Yeah, so heres my latest problem 8) my stereo likes to shut off, well not actually turn off but the speakers all cut out, me and my friend did the install and wiring ourselves, and its all speakers at once, so do you guys think its just a loose wire on the back of the deck? it is an old deck, heh tape deck so it could just be dieing, but it only cuts out when i turn left and hit a bump, then i just hit it or put my fingers in the tape hole and push down to get it to work again. Any suggestions? and how do i take it off, my friend helped me last time, he just took two butterknives and had it all out in about 10 seconds, i dont know how he did it. Thanks in advance.
Which generation of 4runner do you have?

The first thing I would suggest doing is checking to make sure that the (+) and (-) terminals are securely fastened to the front battery. Then go from there downstream to the HU. You will find the problem somewhere along that line. I had a similar problem with my 2nd gen....

Does your digital clock konk out too? If so that IS the difinitive sign that the battery terminals are loose and need to be tightened.

It's also likely that a wire pulled out. How did you connect the wiring harness to the HU's harness? Did you silver soilder it or just use butt connectors?

You may also want to check the HU's own fuse. It will be in a white, opaque case on the Yellow wire coming from the HU.

Steve
2004 SBN Street C champ
2004 SBN Advncd NW Champ
2004 Former WR Holder in NW.
SPL: 159.8db @ 42hz

In loving memory of Jamie Riggs 5/15/85 - 10/8/04

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 08-03-2003 at 11:04 PM.
Bumpin' Yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #3
Contributing Member
Threadstarter [OP]

Send a message via AIM to nolongeraneqaddict
Yeah i have a 2nd Gen to, but no the clock doesnt dissconnect, and i used Duct Tape to secure em *grin* always worked on my home stereo but i guess that doesnt get bumped around as much as my car, so ill have to take a look at that, thanks ill take a look at it in the morning 8) itll be nice to not have to beat the crap out of my stereo just to listen to something for once.

"When you've seen what I've seen things don't seem so bad, quit worrying 'bout what you aint got, thank God for what you have, Cause you could be raising your family in this place, but you were born in America, By God's Amazing Grace."
nolongeraneqaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:03 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to PhxTRDRunner Send a message via Yahoo to PhxTRDRunner
You have a grounded speaker wire.
PhxTRDRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2004, bump, cassette, deck, make, radio, right, shut, shuts, stereo, subaru, tape, time, turning, turns