Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

SR5 to Limited Need 'stuff'

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the info but I have been finding out a few bits and pieces here and there as well. I try to always take my truck with me when I go to the bone yard just for such little things. I do know the center console upper around the radio is different as is the portion of the center lower that goes up towards the emergency brake, them move the cup holders there and move the switches on the lower to some place on the upper console. A pic would be helpful. I am off to search and destroy today so I will post the results and hopefully I can find the right sensor for that mirror I piced up. Cheers!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 881stGenRunner
im not exactly sure buut the interior from the 96-98 4Runners were a lil dif from the 99-02 Runners i would get pics of the shift bezel and make sure.

Im not tryin to screw u out of a deal easttntoy im just trying to look out for ritzy
No problem, I would hate to mislead someone. My mom has a 97 and i'm pretty sure they're the same. I may be wrong though. Let me know.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to jump this old thread but it just kind of died

Power seats- ritzy did you ever do those? some on ebay right this second-leather and power out of a 2002 not sure if it was a limited and not sure if they have heat. I let them go they are in PA and over $200 last time I looked. (plus shipping of course)

sorry I would have told you sooner I did not know.

trd 4 runnin11
hi again and did you swap trim ? I would love wood grain myself not trying to screw up anyones one year old deal

east tn toy I think the dashes would have to be different from a 96-98 Runner
from a 99 up simply because the cupholders (my example) went from dash to center console. But I bet you already know that by now....

So my question is? If I find some 01 or 02 power seats is there an easy and sure way to be sure they have heat also? like maybe a second power plug for example?
Old 07-10-2008, 08:49 AM

SR5 to Limited conversion complete

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
sorry to jump this old thread but it just kind of died

Power seats- ritzy did you ever do those? some on ebay right this second-leather and power out of a 2002 not sure if it was a limited and not sure if they have heat. I let them go they are in PA and over $200 last time I looked. (plus shipping of course) sorry I would have told you sooner I did not know.
No I actually could not find a pair of 4runner power seats in reasonable condition at a price I could afford. I did find (in 3 different 4runners) a set of both front and rear seats in leather but with manual operations. There is a couple of very minor differences but they look gr8.

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
trd 4 runnin11
hi again and did you swap trim ? I would love wood grain myself not trying to screw up anyones one year old deal
He decided to do the swap with someone else, but the up side is I have an almost complete set of wood grain now in my travels to finish up mine les the radio bezel. Haven't decided if I will post to eBay yet or not. Make me an offer. I have the gauge cluster, ignition trim ring, 4x4 shifter, door switch covers. the master door switch is a bit darker then therest of the trim.

Just to close out this thread, I have pretty much finished up my Liminted conversion. All I have remaining to do is the radio bezel mod to a 99 radio bezel. I have a wood grain radio bezel out of a 97 but I want to do the 99 conversion so I will keep the 97 installed until I can find one and do the mod to the switches and such. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and help
Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My '98 SR5 has wood trim.. I'm guessing it was an option?
Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by unitofstuff
My '98 SR5 has wood trim.. I'm guessing it was an option?
The SR5 did come with leather as an option as well but the wood grain trim was on the Limited. It is possible that there was an option package that would have the wood grain as part of an additional option package but I have not seen one or know if it was available or not ... or someone prior to you purchased it and had it installed or did it themselves like I did.

Last edited by Ritzy4Runner; 07-10-2008 at 11:40 AM.