Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

!!Speedy's Supercharger Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So where can I find a 10 x 1.25 tap? I've looked at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Sears.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Speedy
So where can I find a 10 x 1.25 tap? I've looked at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Sears.
I ended up finding one at a wholesale tool shop
Old 06-18-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JHRRLD
I ended up finding one at a wholesale tool shop
Yeup... Look for the little strip-mall shops, there's one around here called "Tool Town" that stocks all sorts of stuff like that.

Also look for mom & pop hardware stores. That tap isn't "common" enough for a big-name store. Sears would have had it in the old days, but they've really fallen off the Top Shelf since getting bought out,

JHRRLD: COOL on the plug trick working for you!

Last edited by midiwall; 06-18-2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member

Speedy- theres a big tool store in opry mills. They might have it or you can check at the northern tool store near opry mills
Old 06-18-2007, 12:07 PM

Thanks guys. I stopped by an ACE hardware on my lunch break and low and behold they had one.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

I went from .044 (measured) to .035 with new plugs. It feels smoother, but a bit slower

I'm thinking it might have something to do with me reinstalling my mechanical fan in place of the FLX210's which crapped out on me. Oh, and the 110 degree heat might have something to do with it too. By Friday we are looking at 115 here. Lovely.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:42 AM

Talked to Brian yesterday at URD, and according to him the FTC unit tested out good....... I dont know what to do now. Sent Gadget my fuel maps... I know hes going to say there is something wrong with my truck now... Theres not. It ran just fine w/o the fuel mods on there. And ran good with them on there for a week then went berserk....... wtf to do now???????
Old 06-19-2007, 07:34 AM

could you point me to the post where you posted what was wrong int he first place with your truck? 18pages in this thread now of multiple conversations
Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 AM

page 15.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Got my gauges back from Auto Meter with the Green LED boards installed. I'll give them a test tonight and try to snap a quick pic.

I also received my goodies from URD last night as well. The AFR calibrator wasn't in the box, but it looks like it might be incorporated into the Performance Calibration Unit (FTC1-084) ?? I've e-mailed Brian to ask about that.

I plan to work on the gauges this upcoming weekend and try to knock those out. Then I'll tackle the SC the following weekend then the URD upgrades the week after that if all goes well.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 AM

The AIC/Timing Calibrator has been upgraded and now incorporates the AFR Calibrator in it. Brian said he would send me a separate one if I wanted, but that the one they incorporated has a map that will work for 99% of vehicles. It's easier to install (less wiring) and one less box to tuck into the dash, so I'm gonna give it a try. If it doesn't get my closed loop AFRs where they need to be I'll ask URD for the programmable unit.

I took some shots of the green gauges and they look very slick. I hooked them up to the battery last night to test them and snap a couple pics. I've put pictures up on the Supercharger Blog on my site.

Last edited by Speedy; 06-20-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:45 AM

Even though the unit tested out good on the bench test, Brian is sending me a brand new unit. So well see if it makes a difference.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stevo3
Even though the unit tested out good on the bench test, Brian is sending me a brand new unit. So well see if it makes a difference.
I hate that you had to wait on that. I have found URD's customer service to be top notch on my end.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:08 AM

I hate that you had to wait on that. I have found URD's customer service to be top notch on my end.

Wish i could say the same..... For all 150,000 pennies i have spent on this stuff. im not the most satisfied person.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:26 AM

Wish i could say the same..... For all 150,000 pennies i have spent on this stuff. im not the most satisfied person.
I've taken a very in depth view of all the URD install instructions and wiring for my 2002 model. If you want me to take a look at yours I'd be happy to try and help.

I compared the instructions from URD to my 2002 repair manual ECM connections to verify they were correct so that I know for sure where each wire is going to go and what it's going to do.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:59 AM

Got the Cirkit Boss fuse block installed this weekend to power the gauges. I ended up locating it behind the driver's side kick panel for a factory installed appearance. Update on the SC blog for those that wanna see pics.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 AM

I've taken a very in depth view of all the URD install instructions and wiring for my 2002 model. If you want me to take a look at yours I'd be happy to try and help.

I compared the instructions from URD to my 2002 repair manual ECM connections to verify they were correct so that I know for sure where each wire is going to go and what it's going to do.
Yeah man, i went over the wiring on it too. Aswell as Blink, hes been helping me out a lot with this and te situation.

Thinking about it, when they bench test it, they only test the electroinics on the inside. they dont actually hook it up to a truck to test it. I personally still think there is something wrong with the ftc unit. And before Brian said he would send out a new unit he said some sensor in the ftc might be bad. How would that be possible when it was bench tested and was said to be good. Im thinking it wasnt sent out at all to be tested.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 AM

Yeah man, i went over the wiring on it too. Aswell as Blink, hes been helping me out a lot with this and te situation.

Thinking about it, when they bench test it, they only test the electroinics on the inside. they dont actually hook it up to a truck to test it. I personally still think there is something wrong with the ftc unit. And before Brian said he would send out a new unit he said some sensor in the ftc might be bad. How would that be possible when it was bench tested and was said to be good. Im thinking it wasnt sent out at all to be tested.
A bench test can mean a lot of things. I work in the technology industry and some things can be tested on a bench and some can't. My educated guess is that they input various voltages to the unit and measure output to determine if the unit is doing what it's supposed to. However, if a MAP sensor or something is bad, I'm not sure how that could be tested electronically as it does require pressure.

The best thing to do is install the new unit he sends you to see what it does. Have you received that yet?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 AM

haha..... was expressed (1day) shipped last week thursday. Just got something from the post office yesterday (tuesday) on my door saying that i need to either come pick it up or have them deliver it back to my house in 2 days. Express shipping my ass. So, im gonna go pick it up today.

Still doesnt matter though. I dont have time during the week to re-install it. And my buddies g/f cant come by until the weekend. So i wont find out how it runs until sometime this weekend. hopefully.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 AM

haha..... was expressed (1day) shipped last week thursday. Just got something from the post office yesterday (tuesday) on my door saying that i need to either come pick it up or have them deliver it back to my house in 2 days. Express shipping my ass. So, im gonna go pick it up today.

Still doesnt matter though. I dont have time during the week to re-install it. And my buddies g/f cant come by until the weekend. So i wont find out how it runs until sometime this weekend. hopefully.
Well, keep us posted. Hopefully that'll do the trick. If not do you have any contingency plans?

Quick Reply: !!Speedy's Supercharger Thread!!