YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Side step for rock sliders

For my 3rd gen. 4Runner I just purchased a set of rock sliders from Savage Off-Road in Oakhurst, CA. They are strong, well built and look great, but are too high to be convenient for my wife, who is vertically challenged, to use as a step. Since it is difficult for her to get in and out of the 4Runner I would like to add a step of some kind. I would prefer a clamp on removeable side step like that sold by Carr Steps and Accessories (http://www.carr.com/store/carrsidebarsteps.asp). Their side bar step is perfect except that it is made to clamp to 3" tube instead of the standard 1.75" tube used for sliders. Does anyone have any leads or ideas for something similar that would be removeable? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

well? if there is a welding shop near you..you could go to them and have them weld you a removable step??? shouldn't cost too much..lol and wouldnt be hard to make at all

2001 Dodge 3/4 ton cummins, 6speed, QCSB, 35's on 18's, straight piped, cattleman front bumper. CAI, and superchips tune.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Here's one I made for my wife:

93 4X4 ext-cab, auto, SR5, 3.4 V6, supercharged, 2.1" pulley, URD fuel mods, Aquamist WI, IPT valve body mod, dual cases, 4" superlift front, Alcan springs rear, 33 BFG KM2, ARB locked front & rear, 5.29 US Gears, RB 1" Body Lift, TJM T-17, Warn m8000.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey that's pretty clever mt goat. 2 thumbs up.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Rock Slider Steps

Mt. Goat, yours look pretty good. I could fabricate something like that that would work well. Thanks for the info and pictures.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
Vendor Sales Rating: (10)

Trade for a minivan.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
3rd, 4runner, bars, gen, ideas, offroad, removable, rock, savage, side, slider, sliders, step, steps, tube