Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Shrockworks bumper for 3rd gens & Tacomas

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 964runnerKY
is there anyway to get one sooner than Nov.? My wife hit a deer and need one now.
Thanks
I feel for you bro hope you get one soon...

Regards,

BWJ
Old 09-17-2007, 04:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for not responding , been at WeRock Grand Nationals working with a team all weekend.

The reason an integrated sol. winch wouldn't work is because the winch mounts feet forward and even with a non solinoid winch it is tucked within an inch of the core support for improved approach advantage/angles. From what I can see the TJM has the same mounting situation.

As for getting a bumper in time. We are working on it, we don't want to cut corners. We are trying to get some of these out as soon as we can.

thanks,

Nick
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Is there anybody who makes a bumper which will take an Integrated Selinoid winch for a 3rd Gen? I love this bumper, but I already have the winch from my old TJ.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TJ_Shunk
Is there anybody who makes a bumper which will take an Integrated Selinoid winch for a 3rd Gen? I love this bumper, but I already have the winch from my old TJ.
Ric's bumper allows for it.

As stated, you can run them in ARB's, but you have to have in cab controls-no way to plug in the controler.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

The mounting brackets look NICE and beefy...

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
The earlier 4runners have to grind the edges down a bit. The newer ones have to trim the frame end as it hangs far below, inside, and over the frame rail. We chose to go this way instead for increased strength in mounting.

This is before the frame mod...if you choose to do so we will include a part that will make a a little easier while your there.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by frodin1
I just checked out their site, $1000 for a bumper before the options start. I hope they can get the prices down a little for the 3RD's, to keep in competition with the TJM and ARB. After you put all that nice stuff on it your looking at a $2000 price tag.
You need look a lot closer at whats being sold.
1) Shrockworks bumper is built WAY stronger than TJM or ARB...that alone should tell you theres NO comparison or competition.
2) Neither TJM or ARB have holes for integrated fog/driving lights.
3) Neither TJM or ARB have different hoop options.
4) Neither TJM or ARB have body lift options.
5) Neither TJM or ARB offer unpainted bare metal.
6) Neither TJM or ARB offer two recovery points for D-shackles. (edit: it appears ARB does but they don't look as nice)
7) Neither TJM or ARB have as good of approach angles, which is a huge factor when buying any bumper.

Also, I don't know what prices your looking at but your not even close... $2000??

No options: $620
Standard options: $880

All other options (lights & shackles) is what anyone would have to buy separate with any other custom bumper.

Last edited by rocket; 10-02-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 AM

Normal price $979. + "All that nice stuff " $400 in lights,$32 for shackels,$695 for the cheapest winch they sell, $149 for shipping =$2255- $100 pre order special. $2155.00
Old 10-01-2007, 10:13 AM

You are not required to buy "All that stuff" and the level of "stuff" you get into is up to you...you get what you pay for....you could go with a Smittybuilt winch (not knocking it, but it is seemingly one of the cheapest $$$ out there right now), and some off brand 4" aftermarket lights and be alot under what you are talking about...you'll get into that whatever bumper you buy. You realistically, could bolt this on and have improved approach, protection and recovery points off the bat. We offer the products we believe in but that doesn't mean you have to buy them and that our bumper ONLY accepts them. In the same light we offer a bumper we believe in and if you pass it up for something you think is better because it is X-amount cheaper you have weighed the our positives and it's negatives and deceided what is more valuable to you.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 10-01-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Contributing Member

Normal price $979. + "All that nice stuff " $400 in lights,$32 for shackels,$695 for the cheapest winch they sell, $149 for shipping =$2255- $100 pre order special. $2155.00
Please reread this: ALL other options (lights & shackles and lets add a winch too) is what anyone would have to buy separate with ANY other custom bumper..... including ARB, TJM, Armorology, etc.

You really haven't made a valuable point except comparing apples to oranges. Those options (accessories) have absolutely nothing to do with the actual bumper and it's price.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

I want to see some pics of these on customers trucks! Whoever you are that ordered one better post up!
I like the look of these, armorology and even the tjm's! Pick the one you like and have fun out there!!
Now post a pic as soon as you get yours!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Question for you guys...

Would this bumper fit an 02 Taco?? I know some of the ARB 4Runner bumpers can be "fitted" to Tacos, and vice versa. Just wondering if these will fit, with out too much modding... Sweet looking bumper...

--Alex
Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM

Yes, We have different brackets and tube work to fit 01-04 Tacoma's. It is a bolt on deal.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 10-03-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Did I assume somewhere that all extras were included in the price of this bumper? NO! All I did was state the obvious, as pictured, this bumper will cost close to $2000. Hopefully, they can possibly get the price down a little to make it more accessible to more people. I really don't understand why there's a need to get all bent out of shape about it? If I personally upset you somehow in the way I phrased a comment then I'm sorry! From now on, any more questions in regards to this product will be conducted by personal message or Email. Thank you!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

I am not taking sides, just stating how I read it. I do not think anyone was getting bent out of shape over this. It appears both of you were just looking at it differently. Personally, I see both sides of your arguments. As the bumper is pictured (with all the bells and whistles), it is expensive. However, just the bumper itself is not.

I myself would love to have all the extras as that bumper sits. However, I can't afford all the extras, so I'd opt for just the standard bumper (if I was in the market for one). Which compared to other bumpers currently on the market, this one is not really that priced that bad. Then I'd add the extras over time. Maybe not the exact ones as pictured, but maybe.

All I am saying is, there are more ways to look something than just right or wrong.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 10-03-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: CAN'T SPELL!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM

What would you say if I told you we are seriously considering a LTD. width version

Nick
As of now is it a strong chance of seeing a LTD version in the near future??
Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Contributing Member

Did I assume somewhere that all extras were included in the price of this bumper? NO! All I did was state the obvious, as pictured, this bumper will cost close to $2000. Hopefully, they can possibly get the price down a little to make it more accessible to more people. I really don't understand why there's a need to get all bent out of shape about it? If I personally upset you somehow in the way I phrased a comment then I'm sorry! From now on, any more questions in regards to this product will be conducted by personal message or Email. Thank you!
wow dude how was i getting bent out of shape?? If anything, i'm just laying down some facts since you don't seem to get it. You just contradicted yourself in your above post..."as pictured" is shown with accessories. You keep saying the "bumper" costs way more than it actually is. Go here and see for yourself...
http://www.shrockworks.com/Toyota-4R...-pr-16217.html
Notice it don't have a winch? Get it right man.

The bumper is NOT $2,000 or even $1,000. LIGHTS, WINCH, and SHACKLES are options/accessories. kapeesh?

I'm not arguing with you, i just can't stand your senseless complaining.

FYI...
TJM T-15 $720
Warn M8000 winch $800
PIAA 520 lights $200
= $1,720
Are you going to say a TJM T-15 costs $1,700 too?

I doubt your a Shrockworks spokesmen so theres no reason for pm or emails when your the one looking at pictures and accessories thinking they should come free.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:54 PM

"I doubt your a Shrockworks spokesmen so theres no reason for pm or emails when your the one looking at pictures and accessories thinking they should come free."

I am looking at the pictures and "wishing" they came free...lol
If I am ever in the market for a new bumper this would be it!

Last edited by Yota Runner; 10-10-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:24 PM

I have one on order and I can't wait!

Hi,
I placed my order and laid my money down on one of these a couple of weeks ago. I posted my impressions of the Shrockworks bumper on another forum recently (same username) but I thought I'd chime in here as well since somebody asked (sorta). In the interest of time, I will quote my post from over there:

I am the customer who came by the shop to see the bumper first hand (I am fortunate to work nearby the shop) and the difference between this bumper and the TJM is NIGHT and DAY - a whole different league. Don't get me wrong, the TJM is a fine product at a fair price, but the Shrokworks bumper offers so much more in terms of design, strength, approach angle, mounting system, integrated lights, much better lines that look like it was designed to go with this vehicle. The welds are perfect, the fit is perfect, it is fine! thumbup

I suppose a brief introduction is in order, as I am a lurker. I've been reading the other yota forum for several years, and have been enjoying this new forum as well. Lots of great information from great people. I feel like I don't have a wealth of information to contribute compared to many of the more experienced folks on here, which is why I've been a lurker. I have a Silver 99 4Runner with a Sonoran Steel system 1 lift, 285/75/16 Bridgestone Duelers, the aforementioned TJM bumper (for now), Vair OBA system, Deckplate, ISR, TruFlo filter, and all sorts of other little mods.

I live in Houston , but I spend as much time as possible in the mountains of Northern New Mexico chasing Trout in little mountain streams. Hence the purpose for my vehicle.

I must re-iterate that this bumper is first class all the way, and the guys at Shrokworks couldn't be nicer. I will post pics when the bumper arrives and is installed, and anyone in the Houston area is welcome to check it out once installed.

I am certainly a low budget, slow build-up as I can kinda guy, and a $900 bumper is a serious investment given the things I still want to do to my 4Runner. This is especially true given the fact that I have a functional bumper right now. This bumper is twice the price of my TJM T-17 (no bull bar), but having seen it in person, I know it is more than twice as nice.

This and the Armorology bumper (which I have only seen photos of) look to be the only two options if you want a custom quality bumper that you can bolt on. When compared to the TJM and ARB bull bar bumpers, which are in the $700-$800 range, it is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. It is an even better deal for me because I don't have to pay shipping (I do get to pay my 8.25% sales tax though!) due to Shrockworks being local to me.

The days seem to move by more slowly since I ordered my bumper - I can't wait!

Originally Posted by SOAZtim
I want to see some pics of these on customers trucks! Whoever you are that ordered one better post up!
I like the look of these, armorology and even the tjm's! Pick the one you like and have fun out there!!
Now post a pic as soon as you get yours!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Contributing Member

Anyone in houston with a 99-02 LTD. that could let me check it out for a couple of hrs.??

Nick
You still looking for a 4runner in houston? Does it have to be 99-02? I have 98 and if you can use it we can coordinate a time.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 AM

If we could have you come by (if it is Limited) when we get the bumpers in we might be able to use your 4runner.

e-mail me nick@shrockworks.com

thanks,

Nick

Quick Reply: Shrockworks bumper for 3rd gens & Tacomas