Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Remote start..

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start..

For anyone who doesn't have remote start installed on their truck..... YOU'RE MISSING OUT! Just had the Avital 4111 system installed two days ago by BestBuy. And oh boy do I love it. Gonna be great for ski season.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 AM

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts
Eh, my truck had it. But my Park-Neutral switch bypass when I did my 5speed swap cancelled it out. Honestly it was not a big loss. Your gonna learn its not as hyped up as it is made out to be. What we need is a button to lower the rear window... oh wait... most of my truck is wired up for that already... maybe i should finish it...
Old 11-21-2010, 01:27 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
If I had it, I'd only use it half of the year. During winter. And even then I wouldn't use it too much.
IDK, call me crazy but I'd rather spend my money on something that will help get my truck further down the trail.

To each their own. Glad you like it

Old 11-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by scuba
If I had it, I'd only use it half of the year. During winter. And even then I wouldn't use it too much.
IDK, call me crazy but I'd rather spend my money on something that will help get my truck further down the trail.

To each their own. Glad you like it

Thats the beauty of a BestBuy card! 18 months no interest
Old 11-21-2010, 11:31 AM

i think this is the year Ill be getting the remote start. it comes on the alarm I wanna get. even if I only use it when I go to tahoe....to jump into a warm ride when its snowing would be sick!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by medic83
to jump into a warm ride when its snowing would be sick!!!
I had one too, exactly for that. But gas was $1.00 a gallon back then. Now I get in and drive.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hm...i never thought about getting a remote to roll down the rear window...that'd be nice........of course i could just stick my key in the door?

mine will be getting the remote start for the winters...after a long day of duck huntin it's nice to jump into a warm truck
Old 11-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Glad your happy with it. I have a Python 1401 getting installed on Tuesday. This is going to be great when temps reach over 100 in the summer and stay under freezing for weeks in the winter. Good old KY weather!

Is there anything special the place has to do in order to wire up the back window to go down with the remote?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 01KY4R
Glad your happy with it. I have a Python 1401 getting installed on Tuesday. This is going to be great when temps reach over 100 in the summer and stay under freezing for weeks in the winter. Good old KY weather!

Is there anything special the place has to do in order to wire up the back window to go down with the remote?
Nope not really anything special most remote starters have Aux output wires/signals that can trigger all different sorts of things, just depends on what you tell them to control.

I have had a Ultra Start sitting in my garage for years not installed and installed it myself over the summer. Pretty neat features that will come in handy for sure.

The remote start system that I installed has a "Camping mode" for when you sleep in your Rig, you can set the remote start to turn on your rig when the temps drop below a desired temp that you choose. The rig will automatically start and warm you up It also has a voltage monitoring system that keeps a close on eye on the battery volts and if you drain the battery running Aux items with the Rig off it will automatically start and charge the battery back up.

Pretty neat stuff oh and pushing a button when you wake up and heading out in the early am to a nice warm rig sure beats getting up and scraping
Old 11-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by medic83
i think this is the year Ill be getting the remote start. it comes on the alarm I wanna get. even if I only use it when I go to tahoe....to jump into a warm ride when its snowing would be sick!!!
haha and when your not in tahoe give it to me because im always in the cold lol
Old 11-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by LifterCatcher
Nope not really anything special most remote starters have Aux output wires/signals that can trigger all different sorts of things, just depends on what you tell them to control.

I have had a Ultra Start sitting in my garage for years not installed and installed it myself over the summer. Pretty neat features that will come in handy for sure.

The remote start system that I installed has a "Camping mode" for when you sleep in your Rig, you can set the remote start to turn on your rig when the temps drop below a desired temp that you choose. The rig will automatically start and warm you up It also has a voltage monitoring system that keeps a close on eye on the battery volts and if you drain the battery running Aux items with the Rig off it will automatically start and charge the battery back up.

Pretty neat stuff oh and pushing a button when you wake up and heading out in the early am to a nice warm rig sure beats getting up and scraping
Thanks for the help. I'll make sure my shop wires the AUX to do something cool. Funny thing as I'm reading this thread. My roommate now wants a remote start on his '96 4Runner. It's going to be awesome starting mine from the window as he heads out in the cold!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by 01KY4R
Thanks for the help. I'll make sure my shop wires the AUX to do something cool. Funny thing as I'm reading this thread. My roommate now wants a remote start on his '96 4Runner. It's going to be awesome starting mine from the window as he heads out in the cold!
No problem They are neat for sure and nothing beats having a warm deiced car when you walk out to jump in it.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Contributing Member

I've had mine for two years and I still love it. Greatest thing since swingin' doors. It's nice being able to jump into a warm truck during a cold Michigan winter. Wish I'd done it sooner when I lived in Alaska.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Meh, they're overrated. Real men run out in just their shorts to start their Yotas at -40*
Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
chuck norris can start his truck in -55 degree weather wearing nothing but wet underwear and then punching the grill. he then makes a snow angel to cool down and stares at the ice to melt it