95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Post your most ridiculous 4runner pictures here:

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the back.
Sorry if this is off topic being a mustang...you guys
would probably lauph at my truck though
Attached Thumbnails Post your most ridiculous 4runner pictures here:-back1.jpg  

Last edited by Daniel; 04-02-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:04 PM

Here's a case of «bad execution» for ya (sorry, I couldn't resist) :

Old 04-02-2003, 07:57 PM

Am I drinking too much beer?
Old 04-02-2003, 08:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota
Hell, you dont NEED 35" tires, you don't NEED lifts, you dont NEED a snorkel (for instance your distributor would flood and the enige would die from no spark) and dont NEED.... the list goes on.

If you go offroad, you do NEED bigger tires. You also NEED a lift to clear large objects. If you cross deep water you NEED a snorkel so you dont ingest water through the intake. Just the snorkel alone will not save you, you have to waterproof other parts of your truck like the distributor.

20" rims are pointless. They don't serve any purpose but to look cool. Flame paint jobs, well, same thing. Alteza tail lights, same thing.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Adam F
If you go offroad, you do NEED bigger tires. You also NEED a lift to clear large objects. If you cross deep water you NEED a snorkel so you dont ingest water through the intake. Just the snorkel alone will not save you, you have to waterproof other parts of your truck like the distributor.

20" rims are pointless. They don't serve any purpose but to look cool. Flame paint jobs, well, same thing. Alteza tail lights, same thing.
you dont NEED to be offroading in the first place, you do not NEED to clear large objects - you can AVOID them. You do not NEED to cross deep water - that's what bridges are for.

If someone want to mod their yota for their personal pleasure, that's their business. All but one of those yota's above I personally like. I like off road mods just as much as the on road stuff. I would think that those into modifying them would be down with NOT keeping it OEM.....
Old 04-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

Whoever did that to that white 4Runner should have to say 150 Hail Mary's and be tarred and feathered. I feel violated.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota
you dont NEED to be offroading in the first place, you do not NEED to clear large objects - you can AVOID them. You do not NEED to cross deep water - that's what bridges are for.

If someone want to mod their yota for their personal pleasure, that's their business. All but one of those yota's above I personally like. I like off road mods just as much as the on road stuff. I would think that those into modifying them would be down with NOT keeping it OEM.....
well yeah, it's not essential to go offroading, but that's kinda the point of a 4runner for a lot of us. therefore, to make the 4runner capable of that, you do NEED bigger tires, lift, etc. you may not intend to clear a large obstacle, but sooner or later it will happen that you hit one and having such things helps.

i think the point of his post was that off road mods like that have a functional purporse, they're not just for show. unlike 20 inch chrome rims. those won't help you on or offroad.

and personally i think it's kinda dumb to do that to 4runners. not in gerneral, but to 4runners. if you want to have a street vehicle and give it big rims and wings and lots of stickers, you might as well do it with a sports car. a modded integra will handle better than a modded street runner anyway, so why not go with that advantage. but hey, that's just me
Old 04-03-2003, 12:22 AM

Here's something Macross photo-chopped for me a long time ago...kool body mods and bagged...I'd never make it over a speed bump. I kinda like the kustom look though...
too low to go...
hehe
Old 04-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

Y'all should take a look through the galleries at Custom Tacos . Interesting stuff...
Old 04-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Contributing Member

alright guys, how do you like it...

Old 04-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Contributing Member

That's sweet man!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
actually that isnt bad...i like the green rim with the blue hint in the middle, and the yellow emblem finishes it off
Old 04-03-2003, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

yeah it was all supposed to be the same color, but i didn't want to take forever in photoshop to make it perfect. it's just a "vision" haha.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

That looks like a civic I saw the other day...

:alien:
Old 04-03-2003, 03:18 PM

Here's one! Looks like the color is puke green!
Old 04-03-2003, 03:22 PM

Arent those those fugly spinner wheels that actualy spin when the car isnt moving,
gawwd I hate those, its just getting worse and worse.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:25 PM

Lowering SUV's/luxury cars and putting huge chrome rims on them have been a trend in Japan for more than 10 years now. Yes, Japan, where the 4Runner and just about every other Toyota originated. That's a time when most rappers/athletes/wanna-be-ballers were still driving their Benzos and Bimmers on 15 inch chrome Momos. The look is called "Lux" and there are tons of Japanese magazines and tuning shops that focus on this type of SUV/car genre. For those who like to get mud caked onto every nook/cranny of their underbody and enjoy cleaning it, more power to them. Not to mention the added wear and tear that offroading contributes to. As to me, I'll take the functionality/space of an SUV and still enjoy the sport handling and aggressive look of a dropped 4Runner on big chrome wheels.

www.cardomain.com/id/dope4runner

Last edited by dope4Runner; 04-03-2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:59 PM

True if your not into dirt handling/4x4 and your into street handling
the first thing to do is get the widest lowest profile
rim/tire combo and lower the center of gravity of the vehicle as long as the steering geometry
isn't ruined as with any street ride. It would be a kinda cool change to see a
baddass street 4 runner with lots of motor to match smoking
an ls1 or even better my stang, lol. Im just not into the ultra gaudy stuff on cars that stresses looks over
functionality, its purely personal taste and I respect any and all car guys that are as
passionate about there rides as I am. As far as my truck goes...lol, lets
just say its got a lot of uuuhhm, character...it needs
help, but hey its functional and I love it=) Watch, next week I'll change my mind and
get a biggass set o chrome dubs for my little truck, LOL!
Old 04-03-2003, 05:02 PM

Honestly Dope. I dont think your rig is bad at all. There is a point though where the line is crossed between style and pure ugliness. Just like guys who put every available add on plastic flare , window shade and stripe. Some people know where to draw the line before it looks ridiculous.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:22 PM

True. If the overall aesthetics of the car/truck are good, it doesn't matter whether it's dropped or lifted. Happy modding.

Quick Reply: Post your most ridiculous 4runner pictures here: