Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

New shocks/coils for 2000(mild lift 1-2")???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsuthey
Hey Jamie,looks like you have the OME setup! How does it ride,stiff or a little firm.Did you go w/the comfort ride shocks(I forgot to look at your sig.)
I have an update on this setup,reading the Sonoran Steel site.They have a lot of intresting things to say about the OME products.Here goes,quoting them(hope this is ok) Using overload springs for a lift creates a very stiff suspension.Front shock too long,rear could be longer&the coils are not intended for lift,but to carry more wt. on a Prado.They are for a Prado 20mm.lift.Says you can screw up your front CV joints,(i need to check my notes on that one)
But any how,SS offers a system 3 for $550 the "All Toyota factory coil system" The best the factory had to offer.Looks like a good kit,Now I am not sure.I don't want to hear about it from the wife,I want her to like the ride!
Thanks,John

The lift I have does exactly what this thread's title asks for. Keep in mind that every person is going to have a different take on what lift is best because it is completely subjective, but I definately accomplished what I was trying to do. My wife is also very picky about ride quality and she thought it was much improved as well.....no killing the people in the back seat from bottoming out over speed bumps.

I'm not taking anything away from Steve because the SS kits are all top notch as well (you can't go wrong with his stuff and he stands behind what he sells), it was just that the OME setup was the right one for me.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are welcome John, I did the same thing by getting a quote from their online store and then sent a PM to trdparts4u and I got a cheaper price. Please post the pics whenever you have it installed because I wanna see how it would look like with the Limited flares since I too have a limited model. Thanks.

austin
Old 02-18-2008, 03:05 PM

I don't want to make anybody upset and I have never owned a set but I have heard from a couple different sources that OME front shocks are too long and can cause CV failure at full droop, from what I have heard they are developed for a Prado and are slightly off from a 4Runner.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jsuthey
I have an update on this setup,reading the Sonoran Steel site.They have a lot of intresting things to say about the OME products.Here goes,quoting them(hope this is ok) Using overload springs for a lift creates a very stiff suspension.Front shock too long,rear could be longer&the coils are not intended for lift,but to carry more wt. on a Prado.They are for a Prado 20mm.lift.Says you can screw up your front CV joints,(i need to check my notes on that one)

Originally Posted by mpavolka
I don't want to make anybody upset and I have never owned a set but I have heard from a couple different sources that OME front shocks are too long and can cause CV failure at full droop, from what I have heard they are developed for a Prado and are slightly off from a 4Runner.
Deja Vu
Old 02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mpavolka
Correct........but that's only if you run a topout spacer.
I do not and my CV's are fine.