Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

new mod pics: Sport skid plate & side steps, TRD Decals, Tinted front windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Andrey
he-he, looks good! Almost like my 4Runner, just different color.

-- Andrey
Hey Andrey.. how'd the repairs on your Rig go? did you get it back yet? hope you didnt tear up the envoy too badly... and I hope everything looks like new..
Old 12-06-2003, 02:39 AM

Isnt that shot down by mission bay?
Old 12-06-2003, 05:20 AM

Originally posted by rondo221
Hey Andrey.. how'd the repairs on your Rig go? did you get it back yet? hope you didnt tear up the envoy too badly... and I hope everything looks like new..
Everything went pretty well. Toyota charged that other insurance company all they way, almost $6400 in repairs. But out of the deal I've got brand new tailgate, rear window, entire rear bumper, rear cross members, rear carpet and several more things. All my little offroading scratches are now gone and my 4Runner looks better than brand new

And with that Envoy... Oh my, I hated that car so much, its not even funny. I can't imagine how someone would pay $30K for that car brand new, there is a day and night difference compared to Toyota for pretty much the same price. I mean who in the world inveted rear doors to be right on top of rear wheels? It might look okay, but what about getting in and out of the car? And what's up with rear seats not folding up flat? Isn't SUV suppose to be versatile and convinient? That GMC Envoy proved that getting 4Runner was the best decision I ever made when buying SUV!

Thanks again for asking,
-- Andrey
Old 12-06-2003, 05:41 AM

I really like those steps. Are they the factory ones that were an option on the Sport Edition? Did I also notice that you have the factory front mudflaps? Was there any problem mounting the steps with the front mudflaps?

I saw a Sport Edition the other day and it looked like the the steps were too long to use with the mudflaps. I would like to have both since we get a lot of crap on the road in the winter months up here in Minnesota.

Please let me know how hard they are to mount and how everything fit.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by 4Runnerman
I really like those steps. Are they the factory ones that were an option on the Sport Edition? Did I also notice that you have the factory front mudflaps? Was there any problem mounting the steps with the front mudflaps?

I saw a Sport Edition the other day and it looked like the the steps were too long to use with the mudflaps. I would like to have both since we get a lot of crap on the road in the winter months up here in Minnesota.

Thanks.
Correct, those steps were an option on '02 4Runner Sport Edition. They mount just in place of running boards. No drilling or anything, just 6 bolts on each side. There is an even Toyota part number for them (PTS09-89020-13), but I don't believe you can buy them through Toyota any longer.

As far as mud flaps, those are factory mud flaps that I was able to get from 4Runner w/o fender flares. I'm not sure about Nolan, but I had to cut about 2" from tube steps in order for mud flaps to fit. That didn't destroy the look of steps in any way, but stoped stones from flying everywhere.

I hope this helps,
-- Andrey
Old 12-06-2003, 06:08 AM

That's a great help. I've heard they are aluminum, is this true? Now the question is how did you trim the steps down? Did you touch up the paint after cutting them? What else will I have to worry about?

Thanks for the input.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:42 AM

That's a great help. I've heard they are aluminum, is this true? Now the question is how did you trim the steps down? Did you touch up the paint after cutting them? What else will I have to worry about?

Thanks for the input.
Yes, the steps are aluminum. They're not painted.

As far as trimming, that was piece of cake. If you'll look closely, those steps have black plastic thingies at each end. What I did is removed that plastic plug, cut 2" from the tube step, made a little hole for the screw to hold that plastic plug, inserted the plug back and secured it with the screw.

I don't believe you should really worry about installation. Everything is bolt-on and once you'll see steps in person, it all will make sense

-- Andrey
Old 12-06-2003, 11:40 AM

Was there any problem mounting the steps with the front mudflaps?

Thanks.
I had no problems at all but then again i dont have the mudflap/fender flare either.

Old 12-06-2003, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by NerfHerder-97SR5-
Isnt that shot down by mission bay?
yup thats it.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SpdRcr
Hey Darx, you coming out this weekend to E. County as well?
Unfortunately no. I am on-call for work this weekend.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:24 AM

Nolan,

Thanks for the pictures. Does this mean that you did not have to cut the steps down to get them to fit? When did you buy your steps? Where did you get them? You said you did some checking to find them at a discount, so how much did you pay for them?

Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:57 PM

Nolan,

Thanks for the pictures. Does this mean that you did not have to cut the steps down to get them to fit? When did you buy your steps? Where did you get them? You said you did some checking to find them at a discount, so how much did you pay for them?

Thanks again for the help.
I did not cut them down at all, that is how they came and i slaped them on (took about 20 mins both sides). I bought them used off a forum member here for $230 I think.