Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

the new 4runners

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the new 4runners

look like soccer mom vans. And dont deserve to be called 4runners.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:30 AM
Contributing Member

Yup, you're right. Pretty darn soccer mom.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ohhhhhh snap!!.......sorry, just had to say it
Old 09-24-2005, 03:09 AM

black wheels and a roof rack make it a mans rig? i can strap a tire on my grandmas van too.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dustin_the_table
black wheels and a roof rack make it a mans rig? i can strap a tire on my grandmas van too.
hey don't be a dick. If you can't appreciate the man's ride, shut up
Old 09-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Banned

yeah seriously....i think it's pretty sweet. except it needs to mall-rated seat covers for dustin to approve.

post up pics of your van dustin.

Last edited by garrett1478; 09-24-2005 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ban him!

thats a really cool 4th gen by the way
Old 09-24-2005, 06:11 AM

Old 09-24-2005, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

Looks pretty nice to me. I'm sure it does quite well off the road too.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:34 AM
Banned

Location: OmG, Hi2U !!! .... DANG, my chic's got some SEXY eyes.... among other things. WOOT WOOT !!

Post your truck so we can rip on it lame ass. I doubt it has half the mods as Fly's. Do you even have a truck ? Your probably drivng your grandma's hand me down station wagon.

According to your profile your in the navy ? I bet you dont get to much female action do you. Get your soap ready.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:58 AM

im in the navy. get my soap ready. why? its not too late for you to join so you can experiance a years work in iraq. i dont like the new 4runners or people who talk ÅÅÅÅ to people who do things for people that free load off america, it isnt going to work that way forever buttHOLE. what have you done for your country today?
Old 09-24-2005, 07:03 AM

flys is pretty tight. but i like mine still
Old 09-24-2005, 07:06 AM

are you in?

While Sailors take pride in being portrayed as protectors of the high seas, the image of the U.S. Marine as a warrior from the sea is rigid and powerful. Of course, the reality is that, like Sailors, Marines occasionally break. For almost 100 years, the assignment of patching them up has gone to U.S. Navy corpsmen.

Today, there are about 6,000 corpsmen keeping the Fleet Marine Force (FMF) fit and ready to fight. If anyone knows how to do it right, it's Hospital Corpsman 1st Class (FMF) Frank G. Percy, leading petty officer at the battalion aid station for the 3rd Battalion, 1st Regiment at U.S. Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, Calif. Percy's a desert-hardened, thick-limbed "doc" who's seen nine nonstop years of life on the "green side." He doesn't know how he would react if he had to wear dungarees.

"I think it would kill me to be on a ship that's sending Marines ashore and not go with them," he said. The profound effect FMF service has had on Percy shows in all of the corpsmen. A cursory scan of the aid station reveals that everyone appears to be a Marine. You can spot the patients easily, standing around on broken sticks or coughing up a good show for the doc, but the lines of distinction that separate Navy and Marine Corps personnel have been irreparably blurred here.

"Both of my roommates are corpsmen, and I look at them like they were Marines, just like me," said Lance Cpl. Juan A. Sanchez, a Marine from Los Angeles, waiting for a routine physical. "The corpsmen hang out with us when we're off duty. Hell, they're just another part of the unit," he said.

In one case, the lines of distinction between Sailors and Marines have become even more blurred. Hospital Corpsman Gordon A. Smith, a former Marine sergeant, made the switch to the Navy after he decided that working on radar systems for the Hawk missile didn't fulfill his need for excitement.

"I was looking for a little more action, and I wanted a chance to get into a recon battalion. I did some research and decided that I'd enjoy it more as a corpsman," said the Tualatin, Ore., native.

"I think the toughest part of being an FMF corpsman is the first months. Young Sailors who join the Navy and get assigned to the FMF have their expectations shattered when they're challenged with adapting to the Marine Corps style of living," said Percy, a native of Pineville, La.

Every year, about 2,500 corpsmen find out that Semper Fidelis and a signature haircut doesn't come in a can. Before any bluejacket trades in dungarees for cammies on the West Coast, they have to see Navy CAPT Chris Gardiner and his staff of Sailors and Marines at the Field Medical Service School (FMSS) at Camp Pendleton.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:07 AM

Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class (FMF) Alan P. Dementer and Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Kenneth W. Ball were both awarded the Bronze Star with Combat "V" for heroic action during Operation Iraqi Freedom, in a ceremony Feb. 23 at Naval Hospital Corps School at Naval Station Great Lakes.

The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to an individual who, while serving in or with the military of the United States, distinguishes him or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement service while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States or while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force.

Rear Adm. Ann E. Rondeau, Commander, Navy Region Midwest/Naval Service Training Command presented the medals.

"This is a great Navy day," Rondeau said. "We are honoring two enlisted Sailors. They walked the walk of honor, courage and commitment.

"All of us want to have the moment when we are tested," the admiral said. "We wonder - will I be able to answer that call? These men have had that opportunity."

Dementer was cited for heroic action March 26, in support of 2nd Battalion, 8th Marines, Task Force Tarawa, Marine Expeditionary Force. He distinguished himself by demonstrating valor and skill when the Battalion's Main Command Operations Center came under intense enemy fire in the vicinity of An Nassariyah, Iraq.

Under fire and wounded by shrapnel in the right shoulder and right knee, Dementer proceeded over a wall to reach six wounded Marines and immediately began rendering life-saving emergency treatment. After stabilizing the Marines, he coordinated the movement of casualties over the wall during a lull in the incoming enemy fire and transported them safely to the Battalion Aid Station. His courage under fire directly led to the treatment and safe evacuation of 31 injured Marines.

Dementer, a native of Gladstone, Mich., who has been in the Navy 12 years, is currently assigned to the Naval Hospital Corps School at Naval Station Great Lakes, where he provides computer support and instructs students in field medical practices.

Falmouth, Ky. native Ball, who joined the Navy in July 2000, has been cited for heroic achievement in connection with combat operations against the enemy as a hospital corpsman with the 2nd Platoon, Company K, 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, Task Force Tarawa/Maine Expeditionary Force, from March to April 2003 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Ball bravely ventured into a mined area and pulled a wounded Marine to safety. Without hesitation, he quickly cut the boots and trousers off the wounded Marine and started an IV in order to treat the Marine for shock. He was able to stabilize the Marine and prepare him for evacuation to the Battalion Aid Station and ultimately prevented the need to amputate the Marine's foot.

Ball is currently assigned to the Medical Department at Naval Support Activity, Crane, Ind.

"I am standing here before master chiefs, senior chiefs, chiefs, HM1s [hospital corpsmen 1st class], HM2s and HM3s who taught me what they know," said Ball. "When it came time to do my job, I did it to the best of my ability."

"I'm not a man of many words, but I would like to say thank you," Dementer said. "This is a great honor. I have served mostly with the Marines, and I am very proud of this."

Dementer referred to his mentors in the Navy as "those people we look up to every day. If it weren't for them we wouldn't be here.

"It is a pleasure for me to do my job," added Dementer. "Everyone here in this room knows what it means to be a corpsman, to be a Sailor and to be in the Navy."

"These Sailors were serving above and beyond the call of duty to defend our way of life," said Senior Chief Boatswain Mate (SEAL) Jody McIntyre, a recipient of the Bronze and Silver Star, and guest speaker at the ceremony. "They were defending the very freedoms we have today. They were upholding the values of honor, courage and commitment. There are not enough words to fully fathom the valor and courage these men displayed."
Old 09-24-2005, 07:09 AM

Navy Corpsman William Charette looked out from the deck of the U.S.S. Canberra. The medic had saved many lives during the Korean war and just five years earlier had been awarded the Medal of Honor. Before him on this day in 1958 were three flag-draped caskets, soldiers who hadn't survived the war. What made these three men unique was the fact that no one knew their names, knew from whence they hailed, or even in what branch of service they had served. They were unknowns. Even without knowing the details of their lives, the fact remained that they had answered their country's call, defended the ideals the flag that covered their caskets represented, and sacrificed their lives in the process. Slowly the corpsman bent and placed a wreath beside one of the caskets. In so doing he designated which of the three would be buried as "The Unknown Soldier of Korea".

Since 1776, no generation of Americans has been spared the responsibility of defending freedom by force of arms. Forty million American men and women have answered the call to duty, more than one million sacrificing their lives in the belief that some principles are worth fighting…and even dying…to preserve. Only 3,436 of these brave soldiers have been awarded the Medal of Honor, but each and every man or woman who has ever served with honor and distinction is, in a sense, a hero. Among the legacy left by these millions of unheralded warriors are many unknown acts of courage and sacrifice. Certainly there are many whose actions may have merited such an award but for whatever reason the moment of valor was not recorded for posterity. The unknown soldiers buried in Arlington and elsewhere in the world ARE EACH RECIPIENTS of the Medal of Honor, unknown veterans of combat who in death, remind us of the unknown heroism of so many millions of others.

Veterans Day, the holiday set aside to remember the sacrifice of our Nation's men and women in uniform, took its roots from the signing of the armistice ending World War I in 1919. As such it was appropriate that on that day two years later, the unknown soldier of World War I was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery beneath a crypt bearing the inscription "Here rests in honored glory an American soldier known but to God". After a sober procession through the streets of Washington, President Warren G. Harding pinned the Medal of Honor to the flag that covered the casket. (The Unknown Soldier of World War I was also awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, as well as the highest awards of all allied natins. Congress further authorized awards of the Medal of Honor to the unknown soldiers of World War I who were buried in Belgium, Great Britain, France, Italy, and Rumania.)

The war to end all wars wasn't, and within 25 years 16 million men and women proved their willingness to protect liberty and human dignity at the risk of their own lives. A burial was planned for the unidentified remains of one such World War II casualty when the United States found itself defending freedom yet again, this time in Korea. The interment was delayed until that war had ended. On Memorial Day a month after Corpsman Charette placed that symbolic wreath aboard the U.S.S. Canberra, the unknown soldiers of both World War II and Korea were lowered to rest next to their brother in arms from World War I. President Dwight D. Eisenhower presented the Medal of Honor to each.

Nine years after the Vietnam War ended President Ronald Reagan stood before yet another flag draped casket at Arlington. "Thank you dear son," he said more for benefit of the solemn gathering than the young man beneath the flag who could no longer hear such words. "May God cradle you in His loving arms." Then, as had two presidents before him, he awarded the Medal of Honor to an unknown American soldier who had made the ultimate sacrifice. (The Vietnam War Unknown Soldier was chosen in a similar wreath laying ceremony, the wreath being placed by Vietnam War Medal of Honor recipient Allan Kellogg, Jr.)

Years later advancing technology allowed for the identity of the Unknown Soldier of the Vietnam War to be identified and his body was removed and re-interred by his surviving family. The resting place of the Unknown Soldier of that war is now empty but the Medal of Honor remains to honor the unknown valor of a still another generation of unknown heroes.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:17 AM

Chill out dude. Joining YotaTech doesn't mean you start a thread and when people post their opinions you insult them. You need to watch that NOOBIE flash video about rules of posting and how it will contribute to the good of the board. Based on your insults I don't think anyone is going to take the time to read all of that which you posted above.

You're as average as everyone else, even if you are in an Army division.

This thread is garbage.

Last edited by 4RocRunner92; 09-24-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member

i'm confused....What does being in the Navy have to do with new 4runners and immature behavior?...
Old 09-24-2005, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by CynicX
i'm confused....What does being in the Navy have to do with new 4runners and immature behavior?...
Old 09-24-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fly, killer 4runner. Very stealthy.
Dustin, whats your ride look like?
Something tells me you dont have one since in another post someone got a 88 Runner and you stated "thats what I'm looking for man. So go take the huffy bike you ride around with and SHUSH!

Last edited by EWAYota; 09-24-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Banned

flys is pretty tight.
smooth recovery.

learn some respect.

Quick Reply: the new 4runners